Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Is there anything, anyway, anyhow etc etc that you could be enticed back to the UK.

Wikiposts

Is there anything, anyway, anyhow etc etc that you could be enticed back to the UK.

Old Apr 27th 2008, 7:19 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there anything, anyway, anyhow etc etc that you could be enticed back to the U

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
I'd use the money and go somewhere here! ... but that's me, you're dying to go I can see!

Love the new avatar !
Old Apr 27th 2008, 7:20 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is there anything, anyway, anyhow etc etc that you could be enticed back to the U

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Yeah I like it too! ...
Old Apr 27th 2008, 7:25 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Is there anything, anyway, anyhow etc etc that you could be enticed back to the U

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Tring Hertfordshire, ? How did that locale get on your radar ?

Used to travel through it..... fast.... every day on my daily commute from MK to London, didn't look to different to anywhere else in Bucks or Hertfordshire ?
My wife's aunt lives there; more accurately, she lives in West Leith (not Tring per se). She has a £600,000+ Rothschild house which stands within walking distance of the Rothschild Natural History Museum (fascinating place; I highly recommend it for a day trip).

I don't know about the rest of Herts. All I know is that West Leith is drop dead gorgeous. Tree-lined roads, very little traffic, tiny population, dead quiet, and open fields all around.

My kind of place.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 7:36 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aston man
pork and pickle pies
Now you're talking - and a nice big bag of KP Dry Roasted peanuts!!

A man after my own heart!
Old Apr 27th 2008, 7:41 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutch
Keeley Hazell - norks out - legs akimbo - intent only on slap and tickle with yours truly ...

Sorry - did I lower the tone? (Again).

Hmmmm - ya would.............wouldn't ya!
Attached Thumbnails Is there anything, anyway, anyhow etc etc that you could be enticed back to the UK.-freeimg.php.jpg  
Old Apr 27th 2008, 7:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
My wife's aunt lives there; more accurately, she lives in West Leith (not Tring per se). She has a £600,000+ Rothschild house which stands within walking distance of the Rothschild Natural History Museum (fascinating place; I highly recommend it for a day trip).

I don't know about the rest of Herts. All I know is that West Leith is drop dead gorgeous. Tree-lined roads, very little traffic, tiny population, dead quiet, and open fields all around.

My kind of place.

Sounds great, thats the fantastic thing about the UK, really good pockets that most people generally don't have much knowledge of.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 7:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I love the UK but I don't want or need to live there. Never say never but I can't think of anything that would entice me back. This forthcoming holiday is not filling me with huge excitement which is sad. All I can think is why am I bothering to see family and why am I spending a LOT of money going somewhere I know like the back of my hand.

It will be great. It will be great. We will have a brilliant time. We will. We will.
LOL, the bonus for me this time, is my Daughter has established a bridgehead back in London. No longer will I have to look at the map from Crawley or Mkeynes and wonder how long I can spend back in my old home town today, without the idignity of having to pay for accomodation.....having to pay for a hotel in london, really did make me feel like an alien. (pity its the wrong side of the river.. her new london freinds have scared off of south london...b....s !! lol... but hell I'm not going to complain about minor details)

When you going MP... 4 weeks from this friday for me.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 8:08 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, the bonus for me this time, is my Daughter has established a bridgehead back in London. No longer will I have to look at the map from Crawley or Mkeynes and wonder how long I can spend back in my old home town today, without the idignity of having to pay for accomodation.....having to pay for a hotel in london, really did make me feel like an alien. (pity its the wrong side of the river.. her new london freinds have scared off of south london...b....s !! lol... but hell I'm not going to complain about minor details)

When you going MP... 4 weeks from this friday for me.
End of June for a fortnight. My best mate is putting us up but hub is staying here and my family are being their usual shitty selves so friends are pulling the stops out to make it a good visit. I'm already looking forward to coming home again though Going to Herts for most of it with a two day visit to Dorset and that means driving round the M25, I am so out of practice of that sort of driving, should be entertaining if nothing else
Old Apr 27th 2008, 8:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

End of June for a fortnight. My best mate is putting us up but hub is staying here and my family are being their usual shitty selves so friends are pulling the stops out to make it a good visit. I'm already looking forward to coming home again though Going to Herts for most of it with a two day visit to Dorset and that means driving round the M25, I am so out of practice of that sort of driving, should be entertaining if nothing else

Ahh Great enjoy, I'm going on my own as well, for the first time. 5 weeks, will be moving around quiet a bit... From Crawley, up to my parents in Prestatyn and a lot of points inbetween, especially MKeynes.

My cousin wants to take me to Prague, do you think I should tell the wife before or after
Old Apr 27th 2008, 8:20 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh Great enjoy, I'm going on my own as well, for the first time. 5 weeks, will be moving around quiet a bit... From Crawley, up to my parents in Prestatyn and a lot of points inbetween, especially MKeynes.

My cousin wants to take me to Prague, do you think I should tell the wife before or after
After. I'd lynch you before I've got the girls with me so we should have a laugh. It will be good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 27th 2008, 8:44 pm
Blah Blah Blah

Buttockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond repute

do you think I should tell the wife before or after
Let me assist the decision making process.

http://www.k5relax.com/?lang=en&module=info

(you need to book in advance, I believe)
Old Apr 27th 2008, 9:20 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

I spending a LOT of money going somewhere I know like the back of my hand.
I'm going back in July and am looking forward to spending LESS than I do here. I guess it depends on lifestyle and location, but how I spend my time, it will be cheaper in the UK. Of course the rate at the moment helps.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 9:28 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

>>Re: Is there anything, anyway, anyhow etc etc that you could be enticed back to the U<<

Lara Bingle, perhaps, standing on a beach near Scunthorpe and pleading "Where the bloody hell are you"?
Old Apr 27th 2008, 9:28 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

On the original topic, I could live in either quite easily.

I immigrated in 87 and loved it and had no thoughts of going back, then with work I ended up back there in 95. It was only supposed to be a few years but ended up 12 until (again with work) I moved back last year.

There are things I love and loathe about both countries, they're different - more different than I think many realise and this is what creates the difficulties for some. I don't compare and never really have done for that reason.

I lived in lovely village in UK, a lifestyle I could never have here, but ny the same token the life I have here doesnt exist in UK either.

Yeah I could be tempted back.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 10:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

For me, it would be a 4 bedroom fully detached house, 4 living area house, with roof deck, plus all the bells and whistles, banking down to the Thames, probably around the Hampton court region out the West of London
Hi Ozzie!

Sounds like I might have inspired you (!) as just some of what you mentioned is also a tempter for me as indicated the other day....I would even settle for a 4/5 bed semi-detached Victorian/Georgian/Edwardian.

However, we now also quite like semi-rural life so don't really want to beg borrow or steal that London residence.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.