Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Are there any drive in movies around?

Are there any drive in movies around?

Old Apr 10th 2009, 12:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are there any drive in movies around?

Yatala is great fun. A lot of people park the rear of their 4WD/Ute facing the screen and stuff the tray with pillows and blankets and then the whole family watch from there. http://www.drive-intheatre.com.au/
Old Apr 10th 2009, 12:38 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
Yatala is great fun. A lot of people park the rear of their 4WD/Ute facing the screen and stuff the tray with pillows and blankets and then the whole family watch from there. http://www.drive-intheatre.com.au/
thats what we do. we also have a baset on the roof, so the kids sit up there lol

we tune in the radio dead loud (its not as if you will piss anyone else off

i remember years ago (cos im an old bastard) going to see earthquake and the whole picturehall shook. well that was just how it felt and i loved it.
the car was bouncing lol
Old Apr 10th 2009, 12:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

The demise of the drive in was one of the worst things to happen to parents of young children. Kids in pjs, blanket and pillows in the back of the stationwaggon. Cartoon, kids fall asleep, mum and dad snuggle up in the front seat to watch the feature! Magic!!
Old Apr 10th 2009, 12:46 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gibbo
The demise of the drive in was one of the worst things to happen to parents of young children. Kids in pjs, blanket and pillows in the back of the stationwaggon. Cartoon, kids fall asleep, mum and dad snuggle up in the front seat to watch the feature! Magic!!
couldnt agree more pal.

i think it would be a great idea to do it in shopping centre carparks
hold one on a friday or saturday in a month, then move to another every week
Old Apr 10th 2009, 1:44 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy©
couldnt agree more pal.

i think it would be a great idea to do it in shopping centre carparks
hold one on a friday or saturday in a month, then move to another every week
That's a brilliant idea.
Old Apr 10th 2009, 4:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
I would actually like to find out whether or not these "free" out door and dive-in movies violate copyright laws, and how they present the movie. If they have to pay for the screening rights, I guess the fee paid would cost alot more than the amount returned. If no fee is payable, surely it infringes copyright legislation.
The "free" one's are usually movies that have been released to DVD, not new releases, dunno if that makes a difference.
Old Apr 10th 2009, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

gazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nice

I would actually like to find out whether or not these "free" out door and dive-in movies violate copyright laws, and how they present the movie. If they have to pay for the screening rights, I guess the fee paid would cost alot more than the amount returned. If no fee is payable, surely it infringes copyright legislation.
Maybe you just need to get out more
Old Apr 10th 2009, 7:14 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by paulry
That's a brilliant idea.
yeh my son came up with it. all you would need is a big screen and a transmitter of some sort (thats me trying to pretend i know what im talking about)

but im sure transmitters went out in the 80s lol
Old Apr 10th 2009, 7:16 pm
Master of verbal pish©

listen to you

if its free who cares

i can just see us all sitting in a park watchin a movie and in walks the bloke.....

right move along people theres nothing to see!
Old Apr 10th 2009, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

NigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond repute

There were open air/drive-ins at both Dampier and Karratha many years ago, I can't imagine that they would have closed them, it was an ideal situation, hardly ever rained and went dark by 5:00 p.m.
Old Apr 10th 2009, 9:08 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy©
yeh my son came up with it. all you would need is a big screen and a transmitter of some sort (thats me trying to pretend i know what im talking about)

but im sure transmitters went out in the 80s lol
They could something similar to an mp3 to fm transmitter.
Old Apr 10th 2009, 10:29 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by paulry
They could something similar to an mp3 to fm transmitter.
thats what they do at yatala, work great. just turn up the radio and its class
Old Apr 11th 2009, 12:28 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NigelWaring
There were open air/drive-ins at both Dampier and Karratha many years ago, I can't imagine that they would have closed them, it was an ideal situation, hardly ever rained and went dark by 5:00 p.m.
I think there's one in Dunsborough too.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 12:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gazclaire
Maybe you just need to get out more
Seems to me the Bloke is just pondering.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

We went to see Herbie the Love Bug, many years ago in the Drive In, somewhere in Melbourne. Us kids thought it was a great novelty, but Mum and Dad weren't impressed and preferred the movie theatre. I like the idea of movies in parks and I expect if so many people do it, and they are publicly advertised they must've taken care of the legal side of things.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.