Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Thank you Australia...............

Thank you Australia...............

Old Feb 23rd 2006, 8:50 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Thank you Australia...............

Originally Posted by WendyC

Ahhhhhhhhhh so it is, should have recognised him

Good pics the night Wends
Attached Thumbnails Thank you Australia...............-cattrim.jpg  
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 9:54 pm
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Louise M
Why are you leaving then? And for such a long time?

My wife wishes to return to the country of her upbringing for a few years, us having both travelled around it in 2002-2003.

Although she spent most of her formative years in Perth, neither of us wish to stay there, so Hobart it is. We were both very impressed by the place & the people when we worked there for 3 months.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 10:00 pm
MicheleandBarry

MicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really nice

Originally Posted by mackinnon
My wife wishes to return to the country of her upbringing for a few years, us having both travelled around it in 2002-2003.

Although she spent most of her formative years in Perth, neither of us wish to stay there, so Hobart it is. We were both very impressed by the place & the people when we worked there for 3 months.
Good on ya,tasmania looks gorgeous,wish you all the best love,hopefully it will accept another scot (him)and a mad scouser(me)
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 10:01 pm
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Thank you Britain for taking people back!

Glad to loose one more Scot who cant intergrate into Australian society or get over the fact this isnt Little Britain.

Your welcome to it mate.
You misunderstand my post.

The LAST thing I want to do in my time in Australia is mix exclusively with British expats, all whinging about how bad Britain is & how glad they are that they left.

And I will "intergrate"(sic) fine into Australian life, thanks very much.

I already hate Collingwood.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 10:03 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

The LAST thing I want to do in my time in Australia is mix exclusively with British expats, all whinging about how bad Britain is & how glad they are that they left.

PMSL you wont be coming round ours for a barbie then??
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 10:07 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

And YOU misunderstand the majority of the people on here, unless this is just a wynd up, which I suspect it is.

Last edited by Margaret2; Feb 23rd 2006 at 10:13 pm.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by MicheleandBarry
Good on ya,tasmania looks gorgeous,wish you all the best love,hopefully it will accept another scot (him)and a mad scouser(me)

God or a minute i thought my neighbours were online, they are MichelleandBarry
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 10:16 pm
Home.

Originally Posted by Margaret2
And YOU misunderstand the majority of the people on here, unless this is just a wynd up, which I suspect it is.
No, my post is not a wind-up. Do I really want to share this litte island with people who slag the place off the whole time?

Of course I don't.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 10:19 pm

No, my post is not a wind-up. Do I really want to share this litte island with people who slag the place off the whole time?

Of course I don't.
I don't really get that opinion on here it's not mine, anyway, that opinion is not why i am going to oz and I think you should remember you can't read minds
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 10:20 pm
Home.

Originally Posted by possoms
PMSL you wont be coming round ours for a barbie then??
I forgot to mention something, the playing field in Tasmania is a bit different, I'll mix with Brits there as they will obviously have the same cultured taste in locations as myself.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 10:25 pm

I forgot to mention something, the playing field in Tasmania is a bit different, I'll mix with Brits there as they will obviously have the same cultured taste in locations as myself.

who are you oo,oo
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 10:34 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

..................for taking off our hands all the U.K. haters from Britain, with your promises of SWIMMING POOLS, even though half of them couldn't swim a length anyway.

Thank you Australia! Upon my return to these British shores in 5 years time there will be even less of these British Britain Haters to put up with.

I can swim two lengths.

Paul.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

..................for taking off our hands all the U.K. haters from Britain, with your promises of SWIMMING POOLS, even though half of them couldn't swim a length anyway.

Thank you Australia! Upon my return to these British shores in 5 years time there will be even less of these British Britain Haters to put up with.
Not sure whether I'd also be considered as a "UK hater" but I came here as I was frankly depressed with the UK and needed a change of scenery and a better quality of life. Having experienced life on both sides I see no reason to change my mind. Both countries have pros and cons but the cons in the UK had (for me anyway) a greater impact on my life.

I slate the UK from time to time, and feel justified doing so. Perhaps if the UK had addressed some of the obvious failings so many people would not feel the need to leave the country. When the feral and alcoholic kids have been removed from every city centre, when the transport system works, when crime is under control and I'm no longer being taxed to the hilt I may return.

Unlikely though. You're welcome to it.

Not everyone who expresses an opinion on the UK hates it. I suspect that most people actually love it, or loved it once.

And if you look closely enough there are plenty of posts in here on Australia that are not positive.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 10:47 pm

Night Paul
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 10:49 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

One time, in Junior 2, Justine O'Connel crimped one off down the deep end, and the lifeguards had to scoop it out with this big net. I decided to stop practicing my 'plain header' dives for the day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.