Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Telewest/Virgin Media Accounts !

Telewest/Virgin Media Accounts !

Old Mar 31st 2007, 11:16 am
Loving the lifestyle !

paula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant future
Angry Telewest/Virgin Media Accounts !

Ok here's the scenario

Been in rented since Dec had to take out new contract with above for tv,phone and internet,
Have today called re notice as leaving on 16/5/07 and they state i have to pay 8 Months of charges as i am 'still in contract'

Quote ' If i am not in the country how will you recover those charges'
Quote ' we will impose a ccj'

What Now?

Do i pay the charges £275 or risk not paying

What do you reckon?
Old Mar 31st 2007, 11:18 am
Banned

Fat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really nice
Default Re: Telewest/Virgin Media Accounts !

You signed the contract so you have to pay, simple really.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 11:21 am
Mrs Bushpig!

Bushpig is on a distinguished road

wow!! thats a hard one. I'm a flapper so I would pay but my husband would just shut down bank accounts and go. good luck with what you decide
JO
Old Mar 31st 2007, 11:23 am
Loving the lifestyle !

paula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Fat Bloke
You signed the contract so you have to pay, simple really.
wouldn't have a probldm with that if moving elsewhere in the UK but going to OZ for god sake, it's not as though they will go under just as break the contarct, the next tennants will prob have to go with them as well so they win either way!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 31st 2007, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paula&lee
Ok here's the scenario

Been in rented since Dec had to take out new contract with above for tv,phone and internet,
Have today called re notice as leaving on 16/5/07 and they state i have to pay 8 Months of charges as i am 'still in contract'

What Now?

What do you reckon?
I agree you should pay up. I'm guessing you signed the contract after you had started the visa process and so signed knowing you would most likely be leaving before the contract was finished so just pay up
Old Mar 31st 2007, 11:37 am
Banned

Fat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really nice

wouldn't have a probldm with that if moving elsewhere in the UK but going to OZ for god sake, it's not as though they will go under just as break the contarct, the next tennants will prob have to go with them as well so they win either way!!!!!!!!
I really can't understand why you think you don't have to pay because you are going to Australia.
You must of known at the time of signing the contract that this scenario would play out so why sign it?
We rented for a while when we first got to Aus and did not sign any contracts for pay tv or owt as we did not want to get caught in this sort of situation when we eventually found a house to buy and moved in.
I am not tyring to preach here but you did ask the question.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 11:40 am
Loving the lifestyle !

Originally Posted by Fat Bloke
I really can't understand why you think you don't have to pay because you are going to Australia.
You must of known at the time of signing the contract that this scenario would play out so why sign it?
We rented for a while when we first got to Aus and did not sign any contracts for pay tv or owt as we did not want to get caught in this sort of situation when we eventually found a house to buy and moved in.
I am not tyring to preach here but you did ask the question.
ok i respect your replies but aren't you over a barrel here with re to phone and internet connections, TV yes i prob could have done without but you don;t for an easy life with kids.

Wouldn't have a problem paying a withdrawel fee but i think that's a bit ott as they will get a new account out of it anyway wiuth next tennants
Old Mar 31st 2007, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

ok i respect your replies but aren't you over a barrel here with re to phone and internet connections, TV yes i prob could have done without but you don;t for an easy life with kids.

Wouldn't have a problem paying a withdrawel fee but i think that's a bit ott as they will get a new account out of it anyway wiuth next tennants
So the easy life with the kids is now going to cost you 275 You had no choice in the companies you could go with for phone and internet?
Old Mar 31st 2007, 12:00 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Telewest/Virgin Media Accounts !

Ok here's the scenario

What Now?

What do you reckon?
I used to work for Telewest Broadband, and I can assure you that they take a very dim view of customers who try to escape their contractual obligations. Even a small default can (and will!) result in a black mark on your credit rating. Is that really how you want to start your new life Down Under?

I strongly suggest that you pay the charges. You are legally bound by a contract that you entered knowingly and willingly. If you attempt to break it, TWest will get their money out of you one way or another.

It's only £275, so what's the big deal? Just pay up and get on with your life.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

DON'T PAY IT!!!

jeez there are too many do-gooders out there :curse:

CCJ's in the uk will mean nothing when you get to oz - i'd phone them up and tell them where to stick it

Why should they take £275 off you for a service you cannot use???

(waits for the do-gooders who obviously work for virgin media )

Old Mar 31st 2007, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Going back a few years when I first signed up to Telewest, I was in rented and knew that we would be moving within a few months. The guy that "sold" us the package said that if they could not provide the service in the area we move to, they would release us from the contract. As it turns out they could and we are still with them, so never actually tested this promise.

You could try telling them that you was told that, I'm sure they cant provide you with your package in Oz.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 12:22 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Telewest/Virgin Media Accounts !

Originally Posted by sammyg
Why should they take £275 off you for a service you cannot use???
Why should they lose £275 which the OP agreed to pay?

What if it wasn't TWest? What if it was a tradesman who'd renovated their bathroom, and they skipped the country without paying him, saying "Why should we pay for a new bathroom that we're not using?"

Would that be OK, in your view?
Old Mar 31st 2007, 12:32 pm
Loving the lifestyle !

I think this is getting a little out of hand the only reason i ask is that sky TV will release customers still in contract if they are leaving the country, i don;t see how they can possibly be out of pocket as they bill you on what you have used, how can they continue to bill me for service i will no longer be using but the next tennants will be using so in fact they are getting twice the payments for the 1 service,

can you see my point of view
Old Mar 31st 2007, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Vash the Stampede;4585841]Why should they lose £275 which the OP agreed to pay?

QUOTE]

For god sake! virgin media is a multi million pound company hardly comparable to a tradesman who any decent person would obviously pay...
Old Mar 31st 2007, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

deannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant future

www.cablehell.co.uk

Its a long shot but take a look at the above site.People have cancelled and not lost any money due to the fact they can't provide a service you paid for ie they no long broadcast sky one etc..Its worth a read .

Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.