Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Teenagers from HELL!

Teenagers from HELL!

Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:47 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Teenagers from HELL!

Not sure what you lot think, but i think girls are worse than boys when they are teenagers
My daughter (16) is a complete nightmare. Everyday is trouble. I dread each day as i just don't know what mood she is in, what she will get up to..

Girls or boys??? which sex do you prefer. I have 2 boys too and they are just fine.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 9:07 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teenagers from HELL!

I think it depends on the child but generally speaking yes, girls are easier children, boys are easier teenagers. I only have girls and they were both great as little ones and to be honest they still are but we are only at 12 and 15. Obviously the hormones play a huge part. My eldest's cycle is the same as mine and the youngest hasn't started yet but I guarantee she will be as well and then my husband will walk out and live in HIS SHED Most of the time they are a joy though. So far (touching wood frantically) so good.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 9:12 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I think it depends on the child but generally speaking yes, girls are easier children, boys are easier teenagers. I only have girls and they were both great as little ones and to be honest they still are but we are only at 12 and 15. Obviously the hormones play a huge part. My eldest's cycle is the same as mine and the youngest hasn't started yet but I guarantee she will be as well and then my husband will walk out and live in HIS SHED Most of the time they are a joy though. So far (touching wood frantically) so good.
Lucky you.
My girl started being a pain in my ass when she was 12.
Problem is she looks 18, gets served in bars, does everything your not supposed to do at that age

Give me boys anyday. Mine never go out. Infact i call them boring, but i'm not complaining.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 9:49 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

So far I have 2 teenage boys (17 and 14). While the eldest is an absolute pain in the ass in the way of the stereotypical teen (grunting, unable to do anything you ask without it being a pain in the ass, everything being unfair) the other is no problem at all.

Neither of them are a big bother - they don't drink unless we give them a beer, they don't smoke and they don't do drugs. Both of them virtually live in their rooms (one studying the other on the PS2). The younger one does have a job on a Sunday and goes to a youth club occasionally on a Friday. Other than that I know where they are and what they are doing.

My daughter, who will be 12 in November, I already know she is going to be an awful teen. How do I know? Simple - she is very like me and I was dreadfull. Only attitude wise really - I didn't drink (till I left home ) smoke or do anything too awful - but I was a complete bitch to my mother!

In hindsight I think I had a rosetinted view of having a daughter that would have the relationship with that I have with my mum now and not 25 years ago. Oh well, we live and learn!

Shirley (stocking up on valium for the coming 5 years)
Old Sep 8th 2007, 9:52 am
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

I have 3 girls, the eldest is 12.
We have 2 sheds. Will that be enough to survive the teenage years, one for me, one for my husband?
Old Sep 8th 2007, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rosscov1970
I have 3 girls, the eldest is 12.
We have 2 sheds. Will that be enough to survive the teenage years, one for me, one for my husband?
I have 2 teenage boys. The eldest, now 20, was the teenager from hell!! Stroppy, moody, argumentative. You name it, that was him. He is quite a bit better now, but can still fly off the handle at something so trivia.
The youngest is 16, never given me a moments bother in his life!!!
Old Sep 8th 2007, 10:25 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I have a 13 year old girl. I now know why tigers eat their young.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 10:42 am
Registered madwife!

itsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really nice

Well, between us we have 4 children, two girls 21 & 19 and two boys 24 & 18.

Each have caused there own little problems in one way or another but speaking from experience I can honestly say that the girls have caused us far more heartache than the boys in their teenage years. Thankfully, the girls have grown up now and are both great company, reasonably responsible and truly sorry for the worry they caused us when they were younger. At least they didn't get pregnant or arrested, but they were absolute bitches at times and thought nothing of either coming home outrageously drunk (at 15/16) or not coming home at all and switching mobiles off!:curse:

The boys were less of a worry but between them they have written off 2 cars Thankfully with no serious injuries to themselves or others, just their cars.

As parents do we ever stop worrying about them

Last edited by itsjulie; Sep 8th 2007 at 10:44 am. Reason: typo
Old Sep 8th 2007, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I have a 13 year old girl. I now know why tigers eat their young.

Mine is only 11 at the moment, but can be very strong minded at times and has a bad temper ! I am dreading the next few years OH has already said he will be spending a lot of time in his shed when she starts being a stroppy teenager !
I have always said it will be pay back time for me as me and my sister were the teenagers from hell

Nicky
Old Sep 8th 2007, 11:08 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

mine both boys

20 autistic = slow but still loads of grief

18 =a pain in the ass smoking drinking brief fling with drugs and written off one car!!

seems that both of them are settling down now please god!!
Old Sep 8th 2007, 12:56 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

I have one of each, they both have their good points, wouldn't say they are hellish (yet)!!!
Old Sep 8th 2007, 1:07 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

I have 3 boys 18, 13,12 my friend has the same. We thank god everyday we dont have girls judging by some of the girls we know, though not all.

Although if i did have a girl I know she would be an angel, wont drink, no boyfriends, a true angel just like her mother
Old Sep 8th 2007, 1:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Boys, eldest went through teenage anger phase, but triggered by moving round world when was quite happy where he was.

Middle one, happy and funny as they come, gets a bit stressed with school pressure, some of his mates from primary now completely off the rails so not sure its any particular sex more hormones cause some of the ones going wild come from really nice stable families.

Little one, too young to tell but hes always been quiet, calm, academic one, if he goes wild there would need to be some major personality transplant but you never know once the old teen hormones hit.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 1:36 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Nu-shooz,

Stop changing your avatar! Your confusing me!!

Well, I personally prefer none of the above which is why I only have a small, furry and black one.......
My 2 year old cocker spaniel called Sprocket! No strops,tantrums or moods just an endless supply of licks and cuddles when you need them - and then when you don't. Sorted!
Sorry to hear your having a hard time tho.

*pearly*
Old Sep 8th 2007, 3:56 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

The 27 Club , is that the amount of hours you expect to last on BE ?

judging by your posts i would suggest thats hopefull .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.