Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Teen birthday party activity ideas... please!

Teen birthday party activity ideas... please!

Old Feb 14th 2012, 12:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teen birthday party activity ideas... please!

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

Dont underestimate the threat of an agitated 15 YO boy... I honestly beleive that this really is boys must unpredictable age. They may pose a greater threat when older... but older kids are certainly easier to reason with.

What I'm trying to get across is... there is no way I would invite more than 20 kids under the age of 18 to my house at the same time. If it become more than that I would cancel the party. Thats just me though.
No, and me

I'd rather pay for a restaurant It limits their behaviour

Our 17 year old just went through a really wild stage Started with graduation, one series of wild parties after another. One kid ended up falling into a fire pit, they were drinking like crazy, most took 4 bottles of spirits to schoolies week, plus beer. From kids to totally totally wild. 3 months of it, then I enrolled him in TAFE. Sorted, too busy now

Agree too, 15 is a wildly unpredictable hormone ride, awful age for some.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 5:16 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

I would go with a dinosaur theme , get them all to dress up :

You get the whole package here :

with dinosaur plates, cups, backgrounds, napkins, even a few little toy figurines to place around the room. Now this package should only run you about 20 or so dollars and be enough to accommodate a party of 30 guests. I mean if you wanna make it special, dinosaurs are the way to go.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 5:31 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Icarus
I would go with a dinosaur theme , get them all to dress up :

http://dinosaurpartysupplies.org/wp-...ur-costume.jpg

You get the whole package here :

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/1183/zb119.jpg

with dinosaur plates, cups, backgrounds, napkins, even a few little toy figurines to place around the room. Now this package should only run you about 20 or so dollars and be enough to accommodate a party of 30 guests. I mean if you wanna make it special, dinosaurs are the way to go.
Tiddler, 17 today (happy birthday gorgeous) would LOVE that. In fact I may get that in for her 18th! We've got her a Blue Tongued Lizard plus paraphernalia for her birthday, she is going to soooooooo excited.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 10:50 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Tiddler, 17 today (happy birthday gorgeous) would LOVE that. In fact I may get that in for her 18th! We've got her a Blue Tongued Lizard plus paraphernalia for her birthday, she is going to soooooooo excited.
Yours wants a blue tongued lizard. Mine wants Harry Styles.

(Not sure which of us should be more concerned.)
Old Feb 14th 2012, 12:40 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
Yours wants a blue tongued lizard. Mine wants Harry Styles.

(Not sure which of us should be more concerned.)
Just googled him and I think you should be more concerned than me. Albus - for that is the lizard's name - is incredibly cute.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 1:30 am
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Dont underestimate the threat of an agitated 15 YO boy... I honestly believe that this really is boys must unpredictable age. They may pose a greater threat when older... but older kids are certainly easier to reason with.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/tw...1212-6xnm.html

What I'm trying to get across is... there is no way I would invite more than 20 kids under the age of 18 to my house at the same time. If it become more than that I would cancel the party. Thats just me though.

Have to agree, no way would I consider it.... Pool Party with a few sounds good, after 20 it sounds like a bad idea...it only takes one kid to invite somebody not invited etc etc
Old Feb 16th 2012, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

Coke and Hookers.

He'll be really grateful and think you are the coolest mum ever.