Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Technical advice - recovering deleted files

Technical advice - recovering deleted files

Old Aug 25th 2009, 5:18 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Technical advice - recovering deleted files

I'm half way through recovering lots of deleted files from a PC.

Doing quite well so far..

Has anyone got any tips or hints on recovering/restoring deleted files that might make it quicker?
Old Aug 25th 2009, 6:11 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Technical advice - recovering deleted files

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom

Has anyone got any tips or hints on recovering/restoring deleted files that might make it quicker?
dont delete them in the first place??
Old Aug 25th 2009, 6:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I used this....

Worked a treat, in fact the main problem was trying to find the file I wanted after it had recovered every bloody thing I'd ever deleted.

It recovers then you redelete the files you dont want.

http://www.pcinspector.de/

I got it for free as well.... so not sure whether it's free for a trial period... or ahem as a torrent.

Good luck with the translation (the program does have an English option once you download it) LOL...
Old Aug 25th 2009, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

NigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond repute

You may only need to go to your recycle bin, right click on the file that you want back then select Restore.

If you have emptied the recycle bin you'll need that software but it will only work if the file hasn't been overwritten.
Old Aug 25th 2009, 9:37 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I used this....

Worked a treat, in fact the main problem was trying to find the file I wanted after it had recovered every bloody thing I'd ever deleted.

I got it for free as well.... so not sure whether it's free for a trial period... or ahem as a torrent.

Good luck with the translation (the program does have an English option once you download it) LOL...
It is actually free...
PC INSPECTORâ„¢ File Recovery 4.x is so-called FREEWARE. This means that the software does not cost you a single penny.

All you have to do is go to our download area to download the latest version of PC INSPECTORâ„¢ File Recovery 4.x.
No good for my current problem though...
cannot help if you have mechanical problems with the disk drive. If the hard disk is no longer recognised by the BIOS or is making unusual noises

Old Aug 25th 2009, 10:03 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
I'm half way through recovering lots of deleted files from a PC.

Doing quite well so far..

I'd be interested in what you were up to, my beauty.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by busterboy
I'd be interested in what you were up to, my beauty.
Oh, this and that.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by NigelWaring
You may only need to go to your recycle bin, right click on the file that you want back then select Restore.

If you have emptied the recycle bin you'll need that software but it will only work if the file hasn't been overwritten.
Did that one, thanks Nige.

Funny when people forget to empty those isn't it!
Old Aug 26th 2009, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I used this....

And that's just what I have. Brill. Thanks Oz.

:-)