Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Tassie for the weekend

Tassie for the weekend

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:48 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tassie for the weekend

Thinking of going to tassie weekend of 18th or 25th april (i know its anzac weekend),with a couple of peeps, could anyone recommend any, cheapo, places to stay
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tassie for the weekend

Originally Posted by Margaret3
Thinking of going to tassie weekend of 18th or 25th april (i know its anzac weekend),with a couple of peeps, could anyone recommend any, cheapo, places to stay
North, south, Hobart? Any ideas where you want to go?
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
North, south, Hobart? Any ideas where you want to go?

Hobart
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 2:08 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hobart
Well, if you want really cheap there's the New Sydney or Central City Backpackers but I guess you want a bit more comfort than that!
New Sydney is worth a visit though, great pub

Customs House Hotel is fairly cheap, B&B over a pub, nice and clean and fairly comfy. Its central as well.
Hobart Mid City - more of a motel, but right in the centre of town.
Bit more pricey is Somerset on Salamanca which has rooms, or its sister, Somerset on the Pier, which has apartments - worth the money, veiws over the harbour and the mountain.

Fountainside Motor Inn - central, supposed to be pretty good, not stayed in that one myself but I have friends that have been there, and been back there, so that says something!

Www.discovertasmania.com is a good site for accommodation and places to visit.

You'll enjoy it, its a beautiful place
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Have a great time.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 3:01 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

you will fit in there wae yir two heeds
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 5:40 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Tassie for the weekend

Montgomery's Hotel is good quality and very affordable. It also has a family sized room with a double bed, double bunk, and ensuite.

I once spent an interesting (and wholly unplanned) night there with two South African backpackers.

Hobart's a wonderful place; I'm sure you'll love it. Make sure you visit the Salamanca Markets, and try some of the local restaurants/cafes on the waterfront!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:24 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Montgomery's Hotel is good quality and very affordable. It also has a family sized room with a double bed, double bunk, and ensuite.

I once spent an interesting (and wholly unplanned) night there with two South African backpackers.

Hobart's a wonderful place; I'm sure you'll love it. Make sure you visit the Salamanca Markets, and try some of the local restaurants/cafes on the waterfront!
Ooh, yes thats another one, I met a lot of backpackers that liked Montgomery's mcos it's a little more upmarket than the hostels but still cheap. Bar is good too
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:43 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Tassie for the weekend

Ooh, yes thats another one, I met a lot of backpackers that liked Montgomery's mcos it's a little more upmarket than the hostels but still cheap. Bar is good too
Old Apr 5th 2008, 7:36 am
Account Closed

sounds ideal, will let you all know how we go
Old Apr 5th 2008, 8:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

sounds ideal, will let you all know how we go
Give us a report back Margaret please, sounds great