Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Talk of Mosque 2 blocks away from Ground Zero

Wikiposts

Talk of Mosque 2 blocks away from Ground Zero

Old Aug 31st 2010, 1:03 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Talk of Mosque 2 blocks away from Ground Zero

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Yes, that's not the most endearing quality of Islam. Say anything against the old guy and the death threats start coming.
Yes, the most backward and insecure 'religion' ever invented.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 2:15 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Yes, the most backward and insecure 'religion' ever invented.
l guess they just haven't progressed from the barbaric dark ages of the 6th or 7th century like the rest of mankind.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 7:46 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Kilt
Well say for example I wanted to build a large pie shop in a part of NY but there was huge opposition due to a few dodgy pies being responsible for killing folk a while back. There was uproar and people were really offended. I would think to myself...well my pies are good to go but it is probably best if I open up somewhere else as not to offend. It is not a slight on my pies. It is just common sense.

So I move off to an area who will welcome and enjoy my pies instead of accusing the whole of NY/America/Non Pie eaters of being Anti Pie.

Common sense should be applied. There are plenty of places to build it elsewhere I am sure.

I'd say 3.141 % would oppose it
Old Aug 31st 2010, 8:00 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Apparently that's no longer the (pastry) case.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 8:32 pm
HAS FOUND CLOSURE

Richie Redlands has a spectacular aura aboutRichie Redlands has a spectacular aura aboutRichie Redlands has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by cresta57
I hope the NY Muslim community get approval to build on the proposed site as it is run down and needs to be redeveloped. New Yorkers have respect and and sensitivity to those that perished at Ground Zero. A Mosque two blocks away isn't going to start a Holy War. New Yorkers with their cultural mix are I beleive more moderate and a tolerent community as a result of that awful terrorist attack.

Would a Mosque be allowed if we were to have a Ground Zero situation in Melbourne or Sydney ?

I have a feeling it would be opposed.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 8:49 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Richie Redlands
I hope the NY Muslim community get approval to build on the proposed site as it is run down and needs to be redeveloped. New Yorkers have respect and and sensitivity to those that perished at Ground Zero. A Mosque two blocks away isn't going to start a Holy War. New Yorkers with their cultural mix are I beleive more moderate and a tolerent community as a result of that awful terrorist attack.

Would a Mosque be allowed if we were to have a Ground Zero situation in Melbourne or Sydney ?

I have a feeling it would be opposed.
What's that opinion based on then?. Personal experience?
Old Aug 31st 2010, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

New Yorkers have respect and and sensitivity to those that perished at Ground Zero.
It's a shame the muslims don't. This trophy mosque will act like a magnet for extremists.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 9:09 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly
It's a shame the muslims don't. This trophy mosque will act like a magnet for extremists.
Generalisation much! How many Muslims are there? How many of those are extremists? Get a grip. Regular Muslims - the vast majority - were just as horrified at 9/11 as everyone else, except they had the extra devastation that the terrorists were purporting to carry out the horror in the name of Islam. If they can teach the non Muslims that judgements like yours are not correct, then let them build the Mosque actually on the ground that was the Twin Towers.

Not a fan of the term Ground Zero in relation to that area of Manhattan. Ground Zero has forever been the seat of the destruction in any emergency. It's not an area of Manhattan, it's an 'access point' for the emergency services.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 9:40 pm
HAS FOUND CLOSURE

Richie Redlands has a spectacular aura aboutRichie Redlands has a spectacular aura aboutRichie Redlands has a spectacular aura about

What's that opinion based on then?. Personal experience?
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park5...ote-marist1-36

I thought you moved on ?
Old Aug 31st 2010, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Generalisation much! How many Muslims are there? How many of those are extremists? Get a grip. Regular Muslims - the vast majority - were just as horrified at 9/11 as everyone else, except they had the extra devastation that the terrorists were purporting to carry out the horror in the name of Islam. If they can teach the non Muslims that judgements like yours are not correct, then let them build the Mosque actually on the ground that was the Twin Towers.

Not a fan of the term Ground Zero in relation to that area of Manhattan. Ground Zero has forever been the seat of the destruction in any emergency. It's not an area of Manhattan, it's an 'access point' for the emergency services.
It is quite clear that you have absolutely no idea what islam is all about.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 10:13 pm
HAS FOUND CLOSURE

Originally Posted by NedKelly
It is quite clear that you have absolutely no idea what islam is all about.
And on that comment and as one of the non muslim expats I'm going to find out what Islam is all about and get back to you and the other member who went and then came back. I would also love our Muslim expats to comment on the proposed Mosque in Manhattan.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 10:31 pm
Account Closed

WTF are you on about?. Are you expecting me to post 24/7?
Just because I said one day "I'm off" doesn't mean I won't be coming back... and why the Hell I'm bothering to explain that to you is beyond me.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

I would also love our Muslim expats to comment on the proposed Mosque in Manhattan.
Yes, so would I.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 10:33 pm
Account Closed

And on that comment and as one of the non muslim expats I'm going to find out what Islam is all about and get back to you and the other member who went and then came back.

Yes of course you are.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 10:33 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

WTF are you on about?. Are you expecting me to post 24/7?
Just because I said one day "I'm off" doesn't mean I won't be coming back... and why the Hell I'm bothering to explain that to you is beyond me.
So why are you back explaining yerself

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.