Talk of Mosque 2 blocks away from Ground Zero

Wikiposts

Talk of Mosque 2 blocks away from Ground Zero

Old Aug 30th 2010, 10:06 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Talk of Mosque 2 blocks away from Ground Zero

Originally Posted by Richie Redlands
well, being two blocks away, isn't that enough distance to show respect for the souls that perished?
Judging by the reaction from ordinary Americans, no, it's not.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 10:09 pm
Account Closed

Plus 1 two blocks away from Ground Zero. More the merrier
I think the "more the merrier" comment says much about your views, but as your original question was "what if we had Ground Zero here?" How do you think Australia would reaction to a mosque being built in sight of a terrorist attack on the same scale here?
Old Aug 30th 2010, 10:10 pm
HAS FOUND CLOSURE

Richie Redlands has a spectacular aura aboutRichie Redlands has a spectacular aura aboutRichie Redlands has a spectacular aura about

Stay in the mood..it brings out the best in you

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
That sounded quite intelligent for me, considering my current mood.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 10:12 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

It's been remarkable that the vehemence of the opposition increases the further you get away from New York. New Yorkers know what is actually at issue: the renovation of a shitty discount clothing store on a shagged-out street in a neighbourhood that no-one goes to after 5pm and that's currently occupied by a strip bar, a betting shop and a couple of really crappy restaurants. There are mosques all over the place and no-one cares. It's been three hundred years of immigration and waves of new religions and cultures. BFD.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 10:15 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
It's been remarkable that the vehemence of the opposition increases the further you get away from New York. New Yorkers know what is actually at issue: the renovation of a shitty discount clothing store on a shagged-out street in a neighbourhood that no-one goes to after 5pm and that's currently occupied by a strip bar, a betting shop and a couple of really crappy restaurants. There are mosques all over the place and no-one cares. It's been three hundred years of immigration and waves of new religions and cultures. BFD.
Perhaps New York being the largest concentration of Muslims in the US might have something to do with that?
Old Aug 30th 2010, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
How about a Japanese Shinto temple being built next to the Arizona in 1950?. Would that have helped "reunite all cultures and creeds" as well?
It's provocative and designed to do anything BUT "reunite all cultures and creeds"
How about a Japanese Shinto temple in Darwin as well. It would show how tolerant the Ozzies are.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 10:21 pm
HAS FOUND CLOSURE

Richie Redlands has a spectacular aura aboutRichie Redlands has a spectacular aura aboutRichie Redlands has a spectacular aura about

I think the "more the merrier" comment says much about your views, but as your original question was "what if we had Ground Zero here?" How do you think Australia would reaction to a mosque being built in sight of a terrorist attack on the same scale here?
Please don't take my quip as your opportunity to vent any opinion I may or may not have on the amount of Mosques. Thanks for that, i'll give my opinion later.
Lets move on

Last edited by Richie Redlands; Aug 30th 2010 at 10:24 pm.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 10:22 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by NedKelly
How about a Japanese Shinto temple in Darwin as well. It would show how tolerant the Ozzies are.
Probably wouldn't be an issue now. I think in 1950 it would have been a different matter.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 10:23 pm
Account Closed

Please don't take my quip as your opportunity to vent any opinion Iay or may not have on the amount of Mosques. Thanks for that, i'll give my opinion later.
Lets move on
You move on. I'm moving off.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 10:30 pm
HAS FOUND CLOSURE

No can do, byeeeeee enjoy your tea :-)
Old Aug 30th 2010, 10:32 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Were you the one who opposed the setting up of a sinn fein advice centre near manchester city centre around 96
Old Aug 30th 2010, 10:37 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Some extreamists may see it as a victory for Isalm, they may think we knocked down the twin toweres now theres a mosque there , we won we beat America.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

Mr Kilt has a spectacular aura aboutMr Kilt has a spectacular aura aboutMr Kilt has a spectacular aura about

Well say for example I wanted to build a large pie shop in a part of NY but there was huge opposition due to a few dodgy pies being responsible for killing folk a while back. There was uproar and people were really offended. I would think to myself...well my pies are good to go but it is probably best if I open up somewhere else as not to offend. It is not a slight on my pies. It is just common sense.

So I move off to an area who will welcome and enjoy my pies instead of accusing the whole of NY/America/Non Pie eaters of being Anti Pie.

Common sense should be applied. There are plenty of places to build it elsewhere I am sure.

Old Aug 30th 2010, 10:51 pm
HAS FOUND CLOSURE

Originally Posted by mohogony
Some extreamists may see it as a victory for Isalm, they may think we knocked down the twin toweres now theres a mosque there , we won we beat America.
If it was built on Ground Zero then those extremists may think that, but this is being built 2 blocks away and the site proposed for the Mosque from a previous posters description looks as if its the ideal spot.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 10:55 pm
HAS FOUND CLOSURE

Originally Posted by Mr Kilt
Well say for example I wanted to build a large pie shop in a part of NY but there was huge opposition due to a few dodgy pies being responsible for killing folk a while back. There was uproar and people were really offended. I would think to myself...well my pies are good to go but it is probably best if I open up somewhere else as not to offend. It is not a slight on my pies. It is just common sense.

So I move off to an area who will welcome and enjoy my pies instead of accusing the whole of NY/America/Non Pie eaters of being Anti Pie.

Common sense should be applied. There are plenty of places to build it elsewhere I am sure.

i would be saying that the pie has a tad of sensitivity and respect. I just want to sell my pies not cause angst

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.