Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Tailgaiting Question

Wikiposts

Tailgaiting Question

Old Jul 16th 2009, 5:39 pm
A modern day warrior

Tom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tailgaiting Question

Or the other point of view is that some people sit in the outside lane 10kmh below the limit so end up holding up a stream of traffic trying to make legitamate progress. It does kind of provoke tailgating at times. M5 in Sydney seems really bad for it.
Had one moron last weekend do that to me and ended up having to undertake him, which I dislike, to get past. As I pulled back into the outside lane, he gives me the finger , which kind of riled me to say the least. So I decided to slow down and investigate further, whereupon he lost his brave attitude and pulled into the inside lane and avoided eye contact. I let him get level with me, and blew him a kiss to show no hard feellings.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 6:21 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
...And you are amongst the 7.5%?
You walked into that one there P
Old Jul 16th 2009, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

I had a cracker on the Dongara to Geraldton road last week during the rain. Speed limit is 110K's I was doing around 90 K the rain was pi**ing down and an old bomb got so close behind me I couldn't see their lights. I took my foot of the accelarator and actually got down to 15k/hour before they backed off. *****wits.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 2:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burbage
Cars here don't seem to be fitted with fog lights.
Really....every man and his dog has them turned them on blinding the hell out of us all here in Brisbane. I'm moving FNQ.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 2:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burbage
Perhaps you need to learn THE most critical driving skill: patience.
Sure - so I how long do I have to wait before you get out of the fast lane doing 98km/h blocking 8 cars even though there's a clear lane to your left
Old Jul 17th 2009, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
Sure - so I how long do I have to wait before you get out of the fast lane doing 98km/h blocking 8 cars even though there's a clear lane to your left
No such thing as a fast lane, each lane is the max speed limit
Old Jul 17th 2009, 12:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
No such thing as a fast lane, each lane is the max speed limit
So the lane on the motorway that you're only meant to be in when overtaking others in the other lanes can't be classed as faster than the others

I think we all know what it means....
Old Jul 17th 2009, 12:24 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

So the lane on the motorway that you're only meant to be in when overtaking others in the other lanes can't be classed as faster than the others

Most of the motorways around here have "Keep left unless overtaking" signs on them.

G
Old Jul 18th 2009, 12:36 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

It won't be me. But with other drivers wait as long as it takes. Why would this be a problem?
Old Jul 18th 2009, 12:40 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Really....every man and his dog has them turned them on blinding the hell out of us all here in Brisbane. I'm moving FNQ.
I have a new policy for dickheads that drive around with their fogs on - I keep my lights on fullbeam - see how they like it up 'em.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

vicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by soapy©
Ha ha

Just tried another wee trick Soapy told me to use and thats to use your windscreen washer repeatedly, nice, gentle very annoying reminder that they are way too close. Works a treat!

Pauline
Especially if they're driving a convertible with the roof down. Loving it!
Old Jul 18th 2009, 1:12 am
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

Have to say I hate tailgaiting, but at the same time around about here at least, drivers seem to randomly pick whichever lane suits them and then stay there regardless of the speed their doing, so everyone overtakes and undertakes depending on how and when the mood takes them

The Wacky Races to say the least!

Lindsay x
Old Jul 18th 2009, 3:52 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Still the same speed limit in each lane though
Old Jul 18th 2009, 9:38 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vicki78
Especially if they're driving a convertible with the roof down. Loving it!

Loving the visual, can't wait to try it out lmao

Pauline
Old Jul 18th 2009, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
That would be plan C or D

Plans A & B being?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.