Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Sympathy, my arm/shoulder is aching big time

Sympathy, my arm/shoulder is aching big time

Old Nov 24th 2007, 12:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sympathy, my arm/shoulder is aching big time

Originally Posted by lorids
I've treated loads of people with this horrible condition that unfortunately has a mind of its own and what they call self limiting ie nothing much other than time has been shown to be effective.

What is very useful though is to get spinal manipulation from osteopath/chiro or physio who actually manipulates (cracks!!) both neck and thoracic spine. This alongside the shoulder movement work just makes sure that other problems don't creep in as you have been so immobile for so long. The physio work usually just keeps you as mobile as possible whilst allowing mother nature to take it's course....although some physios claim to ''speed up the healing'' ..damn clever if they can.

Acupuncture can be useful for some but you should know in 3-4 sessions if it is having an effect. If not don't waste your money!! All you can really do is take decent pain relief again different people prefer different stuff.

So pain relief, spinal manipulation, time and buckets of alcohol. Blow jobs are definitely contraindicated in this condition.

Hope it doesn't last too long and a horrible statistic to finish is that there is an increased likelihood that you will develop frozen shoulder in the other shoulder within 5 years (can't remember figure but get all the drinking in while you can!!)
Thanks for that. He's definitely doing the spinal manipulation He's not said he can speed it up, he's given me a timescale of worse case 18 months but he does think I'm coming towards the end of the first stage.

Hope like hell I'm not one of those statistics
Old Nov 24th 2007, 12:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Thanks for that. He's definitely doing the spinal manipulation He's not said he can speed it up, he's given me a timescale of worse case 18 months but he does think I'm coming towards the end of the first stage.

Oh sorry to hear you're suffering Penny

As for 'him indoors' and what he requested.....tell him to do it himself
Old Nov 24th 2007, 12:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
Oh sorry to hear you're suffering Penny

As for 'him indoors' and what he requested.....tell him to do it himself
Now that would be good for my health I'll go get the camcorder

Thank you.
Old Nov 24th 2007, 12:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Now that would be good for my health I'll go get the camcorder

Thank you.
what then put on youtube, then post link on here?
Old Nov 24th 2007, 12:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by curly
what then put on youtube, then post link on here?
He wouldn't know. Only looks at you tube when I show him stuff As for him coming on here - hell will freeze over first
Old Nov 24th 2007, 12:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

He wouldn't know. Only looks at you tube when I show him stuff As for him coming on here - hell will freeze over first
as for him 'coming on here' PMSL good turn of phrase
Old Nov 24th 2007, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

lorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of light

He sounds as though he is pretty good. First stage of condition is definitely the most painful after that it is mainly stiffness that is the problem....(try telling OH that and he'll be jealous!!)
Old Nov 24th 2007, 1:15 pm
you lucky, lucky b'stard!

tomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud of

I need sympathy people, please. I have frozen shoulder and have done for about 3 months. It's been crap but only when I moved it in a way it didn't like. Now, since starting physio it's really giving me shit. Acupuncture session today and my arm is screaming at me *****ing hell IT HURTS:curse: Only about about 9 - 15 months of it to go. Sob. Vodka doesn't help and sleep is a sodding nightmare.

Oh and I don't blame Australia for it
you should stop masterbating, that will easy your arm and shoulder probems