Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Sydney venues for small event

Sydney venues for small event

Old Sep 2nd 2013, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

Molko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the rough
Default Sydney venues for small event

I'm looking at holding an event for around 15 people in the city centre (Sydney) and was wondering if anyone can recommend somewhere please as I have never organised anything like this before.

Thank you
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 7:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney venues for small event

What sort of an event?
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

Molko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
What sort of an event?
I run a Facebook Page for a disease so it needs to be decent but reasonably priced as I don't think our members want to pay too much and may need to stay overnight also.
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 10:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

OK, is this just a dinner thing or do you need to do speeches etc?

(As for reasonably priced, well it is Sydney, so you might find that tough!)
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
OK, is this just a dinner thing or do you need to do speeches etc?

(As for reasonably priced, well it is Sydney, so you might find that tough!)
Yes, we'll have people talking so I guess we will need to provide lunch. I know its not going to be cheap. Just wondering if anyone could recommend somewhere.

Thank You
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 11:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Some hotels might have conference rooms and then guests would not have to go too far to have an overnight stay.

Having no experience of Sydney hotels other than the Travelodge, which I don't recommend- they directed us to a room that already had a sleeping occupant into it and then we had a 3 hour wait in the lobby, all jet lagged, while they tried to find another room for us! - I can't really help you.

Check out hotel guides.