Wikiposts

Sydney or Melbourne

Old Jan 3rd 2008, 7:26 pm
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney or Melbourne

Originally Posted by Reedy

Doesn't seem to be anyone speaking up for Sydney at the moment!!!
We lived in Melbourne for a year a while ago (well, 9 years ago ) and absolutely loved it. However on our migration here we decided to give Sydney a go and have not regreted our decision one bit. We love it here - yes housing is expensive but, for us, we plan to spend the rest of our days here LOL - I can't imagine living anywhere else in the world.

But Melbourne is still a great city

Graham
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 7:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northerner
We lived in Melbourne for a year a while ago (well, 9 years ago ) and absolutely loved it. However on our migration here we decided to give Sydney a go and have not regreted our decision one bit. We love it here - yes housing is expensive but, for us, we plan to spend the rest of our days here LOL - I can't imagine living anywhere else in the world.

But Melbourne is still a great city

Graham
I really like Sydney....

L x
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 7:48 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I love a weekend in Sydney occasionally.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 7:51 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
I love a weekend in Sydney occasionally.
Does Mary know?
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 8:35 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Does Mary know?
No, only me & Syd.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 8:41 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reedy
Right guys I need some advice!!!!

If you have the possibility of choosing between living in Sydney or Melbourne earning the same money with the same prospects in each city - which would be your city of choice and why?

I always was useless at making decisions and figure that you lot might have some valuable input.

Thanks all in advance

Lx
Go to Sydney

People in Melbourne have a secret

We like it here
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

ianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the rough

It's 5 years since I've been (spend 6 months in Sydney and 4 in Melbourne), but I think I would prefer Sydney. Melbourne had a lot to offer, but I liked about Sydney that you have a great city with the typical mix of nice bars/restaurants/shops, lots of pretty sandy beaches that you can quickly reach by public transport, and the Blue Mountains close by.
I loved it there and if we could afford to, we'd choose NSW to be in driving distance to Sydney (unfortunately it doesn't look like it's ever going to happen).
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 8:59 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Sydney or Melbourne

Originally Posted by ianandmel
Melbourne had a lot to offer, but I liked about Sydney that you have a great city with the typical mix of nice bars/restaurants/shops, lots of pretty sandy beaches that you can quickly reach by public transport, and the Blue Mountains close by.
How did you manage to live in Melbourne without realising it has the exactly the same facilities without feeling you are living in an antipodean version of a fast-paced high-priced London type city?

err OK it doesn't have the Blue Mountains. It has several other mountain ranges including some you can ski on.

Buzzy
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 9:09 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

One of the reasons I am looking forward to going to Melbourne is that most of the people who post on here from Mel are very passionate about it.
To me that says it must be a great place
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 9:10 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
One of the reasons I am looking forward to going to Melbourne is that most of the people who post on here from Mel are very passionate about it.
To me that says it must be a great place
Yeh but I'm passionate about everything Kathy not just Melbourne.

Buzzy
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 9:13 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

When the old man couldn't find work in Adelaide I wanted to go to Melbourne but Perth was where he got offered a job. I loved the look of Melbourne when I visited.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

ianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
How did you manage to live in Melbourne without realising it has the exactly the same facilities without feeling you are living in an antipodean version of a fast-paced high-priced London type city?

err OK it doesn't have the Blue Mountains. It has several other mountain ranges including some you can ski on.

Buzzy
Hello,
I found it easier in Sydney because I was able to reach it all by public transport.
In Melbourne there obviously were public transport options too, but (at least back then) not as regular and it took longer to get to the beaches and mountains. That of course depends on where you're living in each city... I was just giving my personal opinion, didn't mean to offend people who prefer Melbourne
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 10:02 pm
The Godfather

Originally Posted by ianandmel
That of course depends on where you're living in each city... I was just giving my personal opinion, didn't mean to offend people who prefer Melbourne
No offence taken at all. Sydneys a beautiful city.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 10:08 pm
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

I would choose Sydney any day I love it there
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 10:23 pm
The Godfather

Originally Posted by Possums
I would choose Sydney any day I love it there
It takes a special breed of person to choose Melbourne over Sydney.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.