SW Scotland photos

Old Sep 15th 2015, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

themajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SW Scotland photos

Thank you once again for stunning photography.
Old Sep 15th 2015, 6:32 pm
wish I wasn't here!

Sparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond repute

Great photos again. i love looking at the buildings, they are so particular to the area.
Old Sep 16th 2015, 8:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sparkleydiva
Great photos again. i love looking at the buildings, they are so particular to the area.
Ta, we always think, particularly as you go westwards towards the likes of Wigtown and Whithorn/Isle of Whithorn, Portpatrick, you could almost imagine you are over on the west coast of Ireland. The accent is different over there and they speak of the 'Galloway Irish'. Ironically, in the past they 'encouraged' a lot of people from western Scotland to cross the Irish Sea and a lot of people moved in the opposite direction. It's probably something to do with religion!
Old Sep 16th 2015, 9:00 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Are there any days in SW Scotland which don't have blue sky and fluffy white clouds?

BB
Old Sep 16th 2015, 9:21 am
wish I wasn't here!

Sparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Ta, we always think, particularly as you go westwards towards the likes of Wigtown and Whithorn/Isle of Whithorn, Portpatrick, you could almost imagine you are over on the west coast of Ireland. The accent is different over there and they speak of the 'Galloway Irish'. Ironically, in the past they 'encouraged' a lot of people from western Scotland to cross the Irish Sea and a lot of people moved in the opposite direction. It's probably something to do with religion!

Not surprised at the close links. Do love it all so much
Old Sep 16th 2015, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Are there any days in SW Scotland which don't have blue sky and fluffy white clouds?

BB
No, it's just like Australia; sunny all the time. This type of thing happens from time to time though (a farm road nr Castle Douglas):

Old Sep 16th 2015, 9:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I found these will searching in my photos (not taken by me) but wonderful winter photos taken in Austria in the Tyrol in the area we visit often - Ellmau/Going. I'll share them with good photos afficionados and stuff it to those who say what's that to do with SWS!

What it looks like in summer which is when we visit:

Old Sep 16th 2015, 9:45 am
wish I wasn't here!

it's amazing how snow changes the landscape so dramatically. my sister lives in switzerland, so appreciiate the value in difference well
Old Sep 16th 2015, 9:55 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee

BB
I can categorically state, that much like the West of Ireland, there is considerably more rain than sun

ROMFT lived in Kilwinning and his Scottish family are all in the Dalry, Ayr area, Oh and Paisley No such pretty towns as you have photographed, but some stunning scenery around. His Irish family live in CO Kerry. The weather is very similar!
Old Sep 16th 2015, 10:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rasen78
I can categorically state, that much like the West of Ireland, there is considerably more rain than sun

ROMFT lived in Kilwinning and his Scottish family are all in the Dalry, Ayr area, Oh and Paisley No such pretty towns as you have photographed, but some stunning scenery around. His Irish family live in CO Kerry. The weather is very similar!
Well, I'm in the West of Ireland and looking out the window today. Blue sky and fluffy white clouds Lovely pics by the way.
Old Sep 16th 2015, 11:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by rasen78

There's no denying the Republic of Ireland is the wettest European country, it was on the news yesterday in fact. I didn't use Photoshop to produce the scenes I've posted, we get lovely days, like today. We've not had a typical summer this year but as can be seen we've been out and about plenty. We've been to Westport for 4 x 1 week holidays over the years and had 3 or 4 rainy days at most - must have been lucky!

Yes, South West Scotland is one of the nicer parts of Scotland. I disagree on bits of Ayrshire/Renfrewshire but generally it's not as inviting to get the camera out I agree Friends are just back from a weekend on Arran. They got the ferry from Ardrossan across to Brodick and had an absolutely magical weekend (with lovely weather)!
Old Sep 16th 2015, 12:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Right now, looking through the window:

Old Sep 16th 2015, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

themajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond repute

I do so admire that view. Wish I was there right now. Still we are not doing so bad in Sunny Cyprus. Here are the different views from our apartment in Paphos.
Attached Thumbnails SW Scotland photos-apartment-103-004_fotor.jpg   SW Scotland photos-night-balcony-2.jpg   SW Scotland photos-storm-way-3.jpg  
Old Sep 16th 2015, 1:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by themajor
I do so admire that view. Wish I was there right now. Still we are not doing so bad in Sunny Cyprus. Here are the different views from our apartment in Paphos.
Thanks and very nice view too; Cyprus is a place we haven't been but one day we will. We're doubly lucky as we have our place in Melbourne at Williamstown and look out onto the bay and cityscape. This wasn't taken by me but it's taken from just down the road from our place so we have a similar view:

Old Sep 16th 2015, 1:43 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
I found these will searching in my photos (not taken by me) but wonderful winter photos taken in Austria in the Tyrol in the area we visit often - Ellmau/Going. I'll share them with good photos afficionados and stuff it to those who say what's that to do with SWS!

http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/...psd0ihjii8.jpg

http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/...psmreeu1k3.jpg

What it looks like in summer which is when we visit:

http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/...pswr5ppsbs.jpg
The only thing missing from these photos is the hordes of their new 'Syrian' fellow countrymen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.