Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Surviving the teenage years .....

Surviving the teenage years .....

Old Jul 8th 2011, 4:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Surviving the teenage years .....

The terrible twos were blissful. This is the hard bit

How exactly can you offend someone by pointing out the dogs need exercise and if your on school hols you surely have time.

Teen had major drama moment phones friend says he is under siege, a hurricane has gone off maybe he saw his room then announces he is leaving home for his sanity.

Humour me with your teens finest moments cause its too early for wine.

To the childless reading this, you had a lucky escape
Old Jul 8th 2011, 6:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Surviving the teenage years .....

Originally Posted by jad n rich
The terrible twos were blissful. This is the hard bit

How exactly can you offend someone by pointing out the dogs need exercise and if your on school hols you surely have time.

Teen had major drama moment phones friend says he is under siege, a hurricane has gone off maybe he saw his room then announces he is leaving home for his sanity.

Have you banned him from the Playstation again?

. . . . cos if you have IT'S SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO UNFAIR ALL MY OTHER MATES HAVE GOT PLAYSTATIONS IN THEIR BEDROOMS AND THEIR PARENTS DON'T BAN THEM IF THEY STOP UP ALL NIGHT PLAYING IT . . . YES EVEN IF THEY CAN"T GET OUT OF BED THE NEXT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 8th 2011, 7:01 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Its almost 5pm now - go on, have a bevvy

I've survived the previous 10 years of teenagerdom (including the horrific pre-pubescent stage) by zoning the [deleted] [deleted] [deleted] out.

Youngest is almost 17, so hopefully I only have 2 and a bit more years to suffer through.

Mind you, Himself will probably be going through his midlife crisis by then.
Old Jul 9th 2011, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

My 16 year old is in year 11 and has told me that when she finishes school she is not going straight to Uni as she wants to go to Europe in the first semister. I've told that's fine but while she's not in education then she has to pay housekeeping. Well, she can't believe that a mother would charge their child to live at home etc, etc.... So she said she is moving out She will only be 17 1/2 but I've told her that's fine by me, and if she can find a place for $100 a week where she will have a bed, get all her food and washing etc then please let me know 'cos I want to come too!!!

I also have the problem with the dog walking, cleaning up after the dog etc. Jad n Rich - I think our kids go to the same school - maybe they should meet up to walk their dogs!!! I also sell wine if you're ever in need!

Lynn xx
Old Jul 9th 2011, 4:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Oldest Daughter... who was a teenager well into her Twenties, if you know what I mean. Was left looking after our youngest two whilst we both worked nights. She used to have a sleeping problem so would be up in the early hours.

We live opposite quite a large carpark near the old Pentridge prison. Which occasionally attracts car loads of youths. Oldest Daughter is out the front of our house at 3.30 am ish having a fag.... and takes exception to the 3 or 4 car loads of Lebanese youths across the road playing music and fooling around...... and lets out with "Keep it quiet you Lebo bastards" or something similar. As we all know they Lebanese Youths like being told what to do... especially in an offensive way and by a Female.

Consequently our house starts to be pelted with rocks. bits of metal and anything else they can get their hands on.... all the time our younger two aged 5 and 3 at the time are asleep in front bedrooms. Cops turn up and a battle ensues out the front of our house. Arrests are made, Daughter gets interviewed, we arrive home and survey the damage, which wasn't too bad mostly dents in the front of the house. No broken windows amazingly. . Hell were we annoyed with our daughter for provoking them. Luckily they never came back... or if they did they didn't bother us. We always made sure 2nd oldest daughter was always home to keep an eye on all the others from that point on.

Old Jul 9th 2011, 7:26 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I have 2 teenagers.

I know why tigers eat their young.

I think they may be on to something there.
Old Jul 9th 2011, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute

I have a 14 year old and i would have babies/toddlers over a teenager anytime

When i here people say to pregnant ladies *you wait till they are born you will have your hands full* i laugh to myself and think nah wait till they are older thats when the real trouble starts! least when they are young you can control them without back chat
Old Jul 9th 2011, 11:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the4ofus
My 16 year old is in year 11 and has told me that when she finishes school she is not going straight to Uni as she wants to go to Europe in the first semister. I've told that's fine but while she's not in education then she has to pay housekeeping. Well, she can't believe that a mother would charge their child to live at home etc, etc.... So she said she is moving out She will only be 17 1/2 but I've told her that's fine by me, and if she can find a place for $100 a week where she will have a bed, get all her food and washing etc then please let me know 'cos I want to come too!!!

I also have the problem with the dog walking, cleaning up after the dog etc. Jad n Rich - I think our kids go to the same school - maybe they should meet up to walk their dogs!!! I also sell wine if you're ever in need!

Lynn xx
They must know each other hes also now moving out with kids from school and needs a gap year.

He got really peed off this weekend cause we were supposed to be going away, but partner got man flu: so now Ive wrecked his weekend.

Further to upset him I suggested a haircut, his hair which was justin beiber style long before anyone heard of him, is now down to his nose, he constantly flicks the head so he can see. He expects me to let him drive like that so I have asked for a $3700 bond, the insurance excess if he has a accident while looking so idiotic, I mean cool.
Old Jul 9th 2011, 11:22 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

i love threads like this
makes me feel all warm inside that others are suffering lmao
my lot have grown now and life is better
if someone offered me $1000000 to go back to they days i would tell them to shove it up their arse!

i could write a book on my lot. it wouldnt help anyone else, but it would sure make them laugh
Old Jul 9th 2011, 11:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

We live opposite quite a large carpark near the old Pentridge prison. Which occasionally attracts car loads of youths. Oldest Daughter is out the front of our house at 3.30 am ish having a fag.... and takes exception to the 3 or 4 car loads of Lebanese youths across the road playing music and fooling around...... and lets out with "Keep it quiet you Lebo bastards" or something similar. As we all know they Lebanese Youths like being told what to do...

OMG
Old Jul 9th 2011, 11:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by soapy©

if someone offered me $1000000 to go back to they days i would tell them to shove it up their arse!
Old Jul 9th 2011, 11:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

You lots are scaring me now...

Should JTL and I give our little darlin' angels (not monsters today )up for adoption now, while they still seem quite reasonable in public?

Mrs JTL
Old Jul 9th 2011, 11:44 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad

Should JTL and I give our little darlin' angels (not monsters today )up for adoption now, while they still seem quite reasonable in public?

Mrs JTL
Yes.

Just make sure you give a false address so they can't bring them back
Old Jul 9th 2011, 11:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JackTheLad

Mrs JTL
Given puberty can hit them as early as nine these days, I'd not be hanging around
Old Jul 9th 2011, 12:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Yes.

Just make sure you give a false address so they can't bring them back
Great advice. Thanks, Dreamy!

Given puberty can hit them as early as nine these days, I'd not be hanging around
You're probably right on that too, Jad (definitely not Rich as men don't forward-plan). The elder monster, oh, I mean, angel, is only 5 1/2 and is about to lose her second milk tooth. The Tooth Fairy had to visit 2 years earlier than planned!

Mrs JTL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.