Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Supermarket Pet Hates...

Supermarket Pet Hates...

Old Feb 5th 2011, 4:15 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supermarket Pet Hates...

Originally Posted by Alfresco
She's shoplifting. Call the police.
Shoplifting? More like shirtlifting.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 4:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Shoplifting? More like shirtlifting.
Yeah could a 9mm under that blouse.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 4:58 am
BE Enthusiast

sammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Genius!

I like to do this too - I hope we never encounter each other in the supermarket our there may be some sort of complete meltdown...

S
Also they watch your big bottles of 2 litre coke with beady eyes in case they wobble over and fall on their bananas if they're in front of you in the queue....
Old Feb 6th 2011, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Moving back to the topic of eggs ...
http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.../itemId/971311
http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-n...204-1agqj.html

When egg producers sell caged eggs as well as free range, you have to wonder about compliance.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 1:23 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

The supermarkets here are about as inspiring as the UK ones were 30-odd years ago.

In other news: I hear that Woolworths will soon be competing head to head with Coles' Bunnings outlets. Another duopoly in the making
Old Feb 12th 2011, 8:59 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
The supermarkets here are about as inspiring as the UK ones were 30-odd years ago.

In other news: I hear that Woolworths will soon be competing head to head with Coles' Bunnings outlets. Another duopoly in the making
We could do with some competition to Bunnings.

Although I prefer our local Mitre 10 (and Tate for wood) I find I still have to go to Bunnings for some stuff. I wonder whether the new Woolies venture will be eyeing up Mitre 10's and Tate's bigger stores?

Not sure the supermarkets down here are the same as the UK ones were when I was 15. Tesco was definitely a stack of boxes in those days. I'd have to go to Aldi to get the same effect nowadays.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry

I can't remember what supermarkets looked like 30-odd years ago!
Old Feb 12th 2011, 10:44 pm
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light

Im not that old to be able to remember
Old Feb 12th 2011, 11:13 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

My mum worked at one in those days. So did I for a Saturday job. Smaller stores, limited product offerings, big queues at the checkouts, high prices and relatively limited/uncultivated marketing techniques were the order of the day back then.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 1:02 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Another annoying thing is the lack of restocking throughout the day. Quite often we go to Coleworths to buy the big 2 litre bottles of sparking water to find the shelf completely empty. Nowadays the vegetables section is pretty much permanently empty anyway. Ridiculous also that they bother with their 'special offers' with a couple of cents off here and there. It offends me that I waste my eyes reading the signs. It's also ridiculous that most of the food tastes like crap.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 1:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
Another annoying thing is the lack of restocking throughout the day. Quite often we go to Coleworths to buy the big 2 litre bottles of sparking water to find the shelf completely empty. Nowadays the vegetables section is pretty much permanently empty anyway. Ridiculous also that they bother with their 'special offers' with a couple of cents off here and there. It offends me that I waste my eyes reading the signs. It's also ridiculous that most of the food tastes like crap.
Good for the waistline though, just like enforced dieting!!
Old Feb 13th 2011, 2:07 am

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Iceberg lettuces yesterday were $3.90 which I thought was ridiculous especially as the outer leaves were completely wilted so went to Rusty's markets. There are about 40 stalls all 'competing' for customers and everyone was selling lettuces for $3.80. Ludicrous...obvious price fixing as I can't believe it costs almost four bucks to grow the bastard things and drive them to Cairns. I'd like to support the local farmers but they make it damn difficult!!
Old Feb 13th 2011, 2:14 am
ABCDiamond

Flood Information:

Lettuce - Iceberg lettuce and cos lettuce are going to remain up in price for the next month or so, as demand from the QLD market who are without their own growers will have a large impact on supply out of Victoria.

Old Feb 13th 2011, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Flood Information:

Lettuce - Iceberg lettuce and cos lettuce are going to remain up in price for the next month or so, as demand from the QLD market who are without their own growers will have a large impact on supply out of Victoria.
Love the signature pic. Lettuces are often hideously expensive regardless of natural disasters. What gets me is the price fixing! Why not sell your lettuce for $2 as a loss leader and then cash in on the weighty mark up on the other fruit and veg on your stall. It's almost as though economics and the manipulation of price on supply and demand doesn't exist here.

Last edited by Turban Explorer; Feb 13th 2011 at 2:23 am.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 2:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd rather have the loss leader on summit a bit tastier than a bloody lettuce...

And summit more versitile, like a potato

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.