Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Supermarket Pet Hates...

Supermarket Pet Hates...

Old Jan 25th 2011, 8:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Supermarket Pet Hates...

Why do people who block an aisle with their trolley when browsing the shelves look completely surprised and completely taken aback when someone behind them says "Excuse me please"?

Duh it's a supermarket!!!

(Not just in Oz by the way. It seems to be common everywhere!)

What are you faves?

Rant away.

Last edited by Alfresco; Jan 25th 2011 at 8:16 am.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 8:47 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supermarket Pet Hates...

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Why do people who block an aisle with their trolley when browsing the shelves look completely surprised and completely taken aback when someone behind them says "Excuse me please"?

What are you faves?

Rant away.
The irritation of having made a shopping list ready for a complex recipe to find half the ingredients are out of stock.

Also having to listen to kids with ridiculous names such as Zen, Coby, Jaslynne and Cregg being told by off their chavvy parents

Last edited by Turban Explorer; Jan 25th 2011 at 8:49 am.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

Having my favourite products discontinued with no warning! And I'm not even talking about special stuff, I'm talking about kitchen towels or washing powder...
Old Jan 25th 2011, 10:04 am
your fair weather friend!

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

having to go to a seperate shop to get booze
the fact that you have to buy about 20L of coke to make it worthwhile
approximately 300 styles of tuna, all overpriced
decaf tea is twice the price of normal tea and only in the form of tampons, why?
bread costs anything from $2 to 5 dollars a loaf
I have spent around $30,000 dollars at coles and my fly buys points entitle me to a free chupachup
last but not least, the complete paucity of interesting and quality food
Old Jan 25th 2011, 10:05 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Sodding sweets at the checkouts
Old Jan 25th 2011, 11:43 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Going to the store hungry and buying four times the amount you actually need
Going there stuffed and returning with beer and a bag of crisps.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Ten types of sultanas, but no raisins
Four brands of "icing mix" with added wheat, but no pure icing sugar
Cornflour made out of wheat (does the UK have this?)
Labels on seafood that say "mix of imported and local product", tempting me to ask the deli assistant to pick out the Australian product for me
Old Jan 25th 2011, 12:00 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

What are you faves?

Rant away.
Chatty check out chick's
Old Jan 25th 2011, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

What are you faves?

Rant away.
I thought I was alone. Absolutely everyone does this except me!
Old Jan 25th 2011, 12:47 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Crappy bloody layouts. I mean you shop to buy food so the cereal should be next to the milk, bread next to the jam, steak next to the eggs etc.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 1:30 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Crappy bloody layouts. I mean you shop to buy food so the cereal should be next to the milk, bread next to the jam, steak next to the eggs etc.
they aim to keep you in there as long as bloody possible, so that serves its purpose.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 2:00 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newjersey
they aim to keep you in there as long as bloody possible, so that serves its purpose.
Yup bread near the front milk at the opposite end, forcing you to walk all the way through the store.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of

Other customers.

Shops in general would be fine if they would get rid of all the other customers.

But then I generally don't like "the public" anyhow.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

ColinandLyn has a brilliant futureColinandLyn has a brilliant futureColinandLyn has a brilliant futureColinandLyn has a brilliant futureColinandLyn has a brilliant futureColinandLyn has a brilliant futureColinandLyn has a brilliant futureColinandLyn has a brilliant future

choosing the checkout que that was moving ........STOPS !!!!
Old Jan 25th 2011, 8:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by derren7
I thought I was alone. Absolutely everyone does this except me!
Two of us then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.