Suitcases???

Old Mar 7th 2007, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of
Default Suitcases???

Just wondering - how many suitcases did people land with on the other side? I ask this 'cos now that I'm not saving for car tax anymore I've decided to buy a suitcase each month. Don't want to have to rush out and buy them all at once - could prove costly, not that it won't be anyway but atleast if it's spread out you don't notice the money mounting up!

Cheers:-) Lynn
Old Mar 7th 2007, 11:09 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Suitcases???

4 suitcases (big ones), 2 backpacks, 3 large sport bags... other stuff. All in all, 12 pieces of luggage.

Tell your airline when you're booking that you'll need assistance at the other end to get you through customs etc. If you've got tired kids, you'll need someone to push a trolley for you.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 11:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
4 suitcases (big ones), 2 backpacks, 3 large sport bags... other stuff. All in all, 12 pieces of luggage.

Tell your airline when you're booking that you'll need assistance at the other end to get you through customs etc. If you've got tired kids, you'll need someone to push a trolley for you.
Hi Ipom
So you can ask for assistance for no charge? never knew that!!! actually was wondering how on earth we'll manage with everything!!!! My OH's said we'll have to limit what we take for that reason, now I can tell I know better
Old Mar 7th 2007, 11:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by curly
Hi Ipom
So you can ask for assistance for no charge? never knew that!!! actually was wondering how on earth we'll manage with everything!!!! My OH's said we'll have to limit what we take for that reason, now I can tell I know better
Yup, the airline will sort out someone at the other end to help you, but they do like advanced notice. Tell them when you book, tell them when you check in, tell them when you board, tell them when you get off at your stop, and that should cover you.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by curly
Hi Ipom
As an OH I know exactly what that means...you're going to take the 40 pairs of shoes that you never wear, aren't you?
Old Mar 7th 2007, 11:18 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

3 suitcases (we were allowed 4 totalling 80kg), a sports bag, backpack and a laptop.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 11:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, the airline will sort out someone at the other end to help you, but they do like advanced notice. Tell them when you book, tell them when you check in, tell them when you board, tell them when you get off at your stop, and that should cover you.
Thanks will do

Originally Posted by windog
As an OH I know exactly what that means...you're going to take the 40 pairs of shoes that you never wear, aren't you?
Oh yes got to have the 'choice'
Old Mar 7th 2007, 11:21 am
Account Closed

Oh and it was two adults, three children in our group...
Old Mar 7th 2007, 11:23 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and it was two adults, three children in our group...
We (2 adults) had a total of two bags each. We travelled via the US, NZ and Fiji over here. In each destination, two suitcases were left at hotels/luggage places in airports (so we only ever had one piece of luggage per place we visited; the rest of the stuff was in storage while we got to Aus (such as interview suits and shoes, air matress etc). You really don't need a lot! Travel light.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 11:27 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie George
We (2 adults) had a total of two bags each. We travelled via the US, NZ and Fiji over here. In each destination, two suitcases were left at hotels/luggage places in airports (so we only ever had one piece of luggage per place we visited; the rest of the stuff was in storage while we got to Aus (such as interview suits and shoes, air matress etc). You really don't need a lot! Travel light.
i keep meaning to but i always pack - just in case - and of course just in case never happens
Old Mar 7th 2007, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by thewoodz
i keep meaning to but i always pack - just in case - and of course just in case never happens
what's 'travelling light?' not in my vocabulary

just done spell check to see if I'd spelt it right, and it wanted to change 'rofl' for rifle
Old Mar 7th 2007, 11:31 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thewoodz
Exactly! Be thoroughly ruthless. Is it essential? Does it matter, really, in the whole grand scheme of things, if that pair of shoes is slightly less than perfect with that skirt? No! (Will you even wear the skirt? No!) Pack. Then remove 80% of what you've packed. What's left is all you need.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 11:33 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly! Be thoroughly ruthless. Is it essential? Does it matter, really, in the whole grand scheme of things, if that pair of shoes is slightly less than perfect with that skirt? No! (Will you even wear the skirt? No!) Pack. Then remove 80% of what you've packed. What's left is all you need.
maybe u ought to start a self-help group for all us frivolous packers
Old Mar 7th 2007, 11:33 am
Account Closed

Travel light.
It's ok to travel light if there's just the two of you, but if you've got children, who mess up clothing in a flash, plus who are starting school etc, you need a change of clothing.
Also, there are some things which you're given as gifts long after the packers have been - we had to add in soaps, picture frames etc into our cases.
All in all, we packed 2 weeks of clothing for each child and for us. Of course, we arrived in Winter so we needed heavier bulkier clothing.
Then there's the stuff you don't want to leave in the hold and have to keep on you - valuable stuff... our paperwork, plus laptop computers so hub could get straight back into work...

We packed as lightly as we could but once you've got kids, it's fairly impossible.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 11:35 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

I sent all my skirts with the shippers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.