Wikiposts

Suitcase security.

Old Jun 22nd 2014, 3:22 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suitcase security.

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Agree with this. If someone is going to nick something out of your bags, puny locks are not going to stop them

And people putting stuff into your bags is a bit of an urban myth IMO. Not saying that it has never happened but would be so rare as to be a non-issue. Corby tried that defence and the court showed her what they though of it

I can't believe you're even daring to suggest that she may be guilty...

I normally stick a coloured cable tie through the lock holes on my case - Enough to deter the casual thief, but easy enough for security to open to perform any checks without mangling my case. I usually leave a couple of different coloured ties inside on top so if they are feeling nice they can secure it again, and I will also know if the luggage has been tampered with.

S
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
There's a glitch in the system and it's making this happen every now and then. People who shall remain nameless have being taking the piss out of me when I've mentioned it so it's very reassuring when others notice it.
I thought I was going Reassuring to know I'm perfectly sane.
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 11:22 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
I thought I was going Reassuring to know I'm perfectly sane.
Well I wouldn't go that far...
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
For anyone travelling, always worth adding a slip inside the case detailing travel details incase the airline label is lost - helps re-unite you with your case. If the bag tag is lost, then your case will be opened to identify traveller.
Good advice there O.

My suitcase once went missing upon arrival in NY and I didn't get it back until the day before I was due to fly back to the UK.
The tags had come off apparently. Had I put my destination inside I'm sure I would've got it back sooner as someone certainly had a good nose about inside.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 5:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

We purchased new hard suitcase with built in numerical locks, on the journey out the handle was smashed off, on the way back customs bust the lock open, explaining the damage as necessary security.

First and last time we had a decent suitcase
Old Jun 24th 2014, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich

First and last time we had a decent suitcase
We've just bought all new suitcases. They are so expensive, I wish we hadn't bothered now and just stuck with the 'well traveled' miss-matched collection we've had for years.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 9:55 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
We've just bought all new suitcases. They are so expensive, I wish we hadn't bothered now and just stuck with the 'well traveled' miss-matched collection we've had for years.
Don't forget to pack the old ones in your container. I guarantee you'll use them too. In fact, they're so cheap compared with here, buy and bring some additional new ones too!
Old Jun 27th 2014, 5:46 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

My sister's just returned from a trip - somewhere between Athens and Perth, via Dubai, her suitcase padlock's been removed and replaced with a shiny new one. Her key from the original one fits the new one and there doesnt seem to be anything missing.

Old Jun 28th 2014, 11:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
My sister's just returned from a trip - somewhere between Athens and Perth, via Dubai, her suitcase padlock's been removed and replaced with a shiny new one. Her key from the original one fits the new one and there doesnt seem to be anything missing.

Old Jun 28th 2014, 12:51 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Did your sister drink red or white wine during her flight?
Old Jun 28th 2014, 2:18 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Did your sister drink red or white wine during her flight?
Sceptics, they're everywhere

The original padlock was a red and grey TSA one, the padlock that replaced it is brass. A bit hard to mistake that.
Old Jun 28th 2014, 3:38 pm
Banned

Sceptics, they're everywhere

The original padlock was a red and grey TSA one, the padlock that replaced it is brass. A bit hard to mistake that.
Haha, just checking

Do any other keys fit the padlock?
Old Jun 28th 2014, 4:07 pm
Concierge

Haha, just checking

Do any other keys fit the padlock?
The tsa ones are made so that they can be unlocked by Customs keys, so I can only assume that the replacement is the same, as my sister's original key also opens the new padlock. In other words, any tsa padlock can be opened by any tsa padlock key - which leads me to conclude that we may as well not even bother in the first place!
Old Jun 28th 2014, 8:04 pm
Banned

The tsa ones are made so that they can be unlocked by Customs keys, so I can only assume that the replacement is the same, as my sister's original key also opens the new padlock. In other words, any tsa padlock can be opened by any tsa padlock key - which leads me to conclude that we may as well not even bother in the first place!
True. Your sister might as well have used a lock that comes out of a Christmas cracker. Which reminds me, we are now closer to next Christmas than we are to last
Old Jun 28th 2014, 10:43 pm
Concierge

Which reminds me, we are now closer to next Christmas than we are to last

Go and belt sand up your arse*

*ancient Australian curse

Last edited by old.sparkles; Jun 28th 2014 at 10:54 pm. Reason: fix quote

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.