Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Are sub-forums generally substandard to forums?

Are sub-forums generally substandard to forums?

Old Dec 10th 2005, 7:04 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Are sub-forums generally substandard to forums?

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
IMO some of the non oz lifestyles stuff Ive seen has been quite pathetic yet vehemently defended by the mods as relevant to the forum.
The point made was that non oz lifestyles threads were clogging up the forum... I see things a little different since if you've ever started a thread that noone was interested in it quickly moves off page 1. Seeing as its the lifestyles forum one would think that members come for relevant info so why do many non lifestyles issues stay at the top ? Maybe because they are of great interest to many on the forum who while they have an interest in the lifestyles part, they also dont mind some light hearted banter.

Where do you draw the line now we have this forum and some sort of enforcement of the lifestyles forum will need to be meted out to non topic threads. I mean, just about everything you could possibly say in a given thread (as the OP) could be related to Australian life yet not deemed so by the mods so finds its way here.

If this is the case, it wont be too long before the lifestyles forum becomes as boring as the immigration forum, though somewhat informative.

I thought it was jus to you could have a larf, wanted to put some icons in, but they don't seem to be working, are yours ok.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 7:05 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Margaret2
But do I have to say thank you all the time

You can tell me to piss off if you want to (as long as you say it fairly nicely ) - pretty much anything goes (within reason )
Old Dec 10th 2005, 7:06 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

But do I have to say thank you all the time
LOL not unless you post a thread asking a specific question & people take ages to type out a 2000 word essay in answer to it .
Account Closed

I thought it was jus to you could have a larf, wanted to put some icons in, but they don't seem to be working, are yours ok.
When that happens...delete some off the post you are replying to.
Then you can put your own on to your post

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
You can tell me to piss off if you want to (as long as you say it fairly nicely ) - pretty much anything goes (within reason )

Piss off, thank you, feel this would have more effect if my bloody icons worked.
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
You can tell me to piss off if you want to (as long as you say it fairly nicely )
wee wee off?
Old Dec 10th 2005, 7:08 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Paul2004
wee wee off?
Thats the way
Old Dec 10th 2005, 7:08 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Piss off, thank you, feel this would have more effect if my bloody icons worked.
what icons ? do you mean emoticons / smilies ?
Old Dec 10th 2005, 7:12 am

what icons ? do you mean emoticons / smilies ?

Ehhhhhhh yes, those things, tried the deleting post thing, didn't work, or I was probably doing it wrong. It's never happened before.

anyway, thanks to you all , am away to shower and the day begins........oh what will it bring...........driving kids around and watching x-factor, probably, or perhaps I'll meet some gorgeous guy who'll take me away from it all. Will let you all know later..................Byeeeeeeeeeee
Old Dec 10th 2005, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
I'm with her ^^^ .

There is nothing that pisses me off to the eyeballs more than people who don't even have the courtesy to come back to their own thread & say thankyou when people have taken time to post information for them.

They dont even have to go through each post, just a general "thank you for all the info" would suffice, but some people are so rude that they wont even do that .

I have a couple of people now that I wont bother answering cos I know that I wont get the decency of even an acknowledgement .
Mrs D I thanked for for my thyroxine info????
Old Dec 10th 2005, 11:22 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glittababe
Mrs D I thanked for for my thyroxine info????
haha, yes you did, I didn't mean you , but there are people out there that wont even bother to say thank you if you post info.

If you were someone that didnt say thanx, I wouldnt have bothered posting it .
Old Dec 10th 2005, 11:26 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

haha, yes you did, I didn't mean you , but there are people out there that wont even bother to say thank you if you post info.

thansk for that Mrs
Old Dec 10th 2005, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

ahhh TY. I'm looking forward to coming back!
Old Dec 10th 2005, 11:31 am
Rocket Scientist

thansk for that Mrs
Much better, you see I'm an aussie that has (& uses!) her manners, nice to see it catching.

Although after the comments earlier about how much you pay thats probably not the only thing thats catching
Old Dec 10th 2005, 11:32 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glittababe
ahhh TY. I'm looking forward to coming back!
Don't forget the removal van and don't unpack too quick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.