Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Stupidest thing you've done lately.....?

Stupidest thing you've done lately.....?

Old Dec 18th 2009, 1:37 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stupidest thing you've done lately.....?

Confession time - whats the absolutely most stupid thing you've done lately, the kind of thing where you wake up in the morning thinking WTF and can't even blame it on being drunk cos you know you were stone cold sober at the time.

I stood in the bathroom this morning looking at the strands of hair all over the floor wondering why in heaven's name I decided to cut all my hair off last night. Well, I know why I did, for peace and quiet, but still....there wasn't a lot of it anyway, but it was shoulder-length and now it isn't. Now its just a mess Why on earth do we do stuff like that?

Anyone else want to fess up to being an idiot and having to live with the consequences?
Old Dec 18th 2009, 1:41 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stupidest thing you've done lately.....?

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Confession time - whats the absolutely most stupid thing you've done lately, the kind of thing where you wake up in the morning thinking WTF and can't even blame it on being drunk cos you know you were stone cold sober at the time.

I stood in the bathroom this morning looking at the strands of hair all over the floor wondering why in heaven's name I decided to cut all my hair off last night. Well, I know why I did, for peace and quiet, but still....there wasn't a lot of it anyway, but it was shoulder-length and now it isn't. Now its just a mess Why on earth do we do stuff like that?

Anyone else want to fess up to being an idiot and having to live with the consequences?
Chopping veggies and drinking 2 bottles of wine. I was staying at my mates and he just had the knives sharpened..... It bled for hours and still opens up 4 days later
Old Dec 18th 2009, 1:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Polly, why would cutting your hair give you peace & quiet???

What is done is done, get to a good hairdresser & have it turned into a stylish new look, you know you deserve it!
Old Dec 18th 2009, 2:09 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Polly, why would cutting your hair give you peace & quiet???

What is done is done, get to a good hairdresser & have it turned into a stylish new look, you know you deserve it!
Not enough hair there, its very thin and doesn't grow much due to hormone deficiency. Get the peace and quiet cos now people can't tell me I should get it chopped off as its already gone

Last edited by Pollyana; Dec 18th 2009 at 2:16 pm.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 7:31 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

After a few bottles of wine I usually find it is a great time to attempt to look glamorous by filing my nails and then painting them a nice dark maroon whilst in lying in bed with a half full glass...

I wake up in the morning with nail varnish all over the duvet and pillow cases. It looks like a scene from Midsummer Murders... and it doesnt wash out either.. and my nails look like something a 5 year old would do...

Can't say it is a one-off either... ah well, I never learn!

Em x
Old Dec 18th 2009, 7:41 pm

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

Not enough hair there, its very thin and doesn't grow much due to hormone deficiency. Get the peace and quiet cos now people can't tell me I should get it chopped off as its already gone
Stop listening to other people. Invest in a good hairdresser - my sister has the most awful hair, same thing. For years we nagged her about her hair, it always looked flat and nothing'y. anyway a couple of years she found this fab hairdresser - has really changed her world. Her hair is now shoulder length but well styled, chopped and layered in a way that although she does have thin hair - she looks groomed.

I am the worse, I get up and shower and that is my grooming routine. I dont even own a comb But I see lots of people who make a bit of an effort and it really is nice and its my new years resolution to do it!
Old Dec 18th 2009, 8:23 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Not quite the same thing Polly but it might make you feel better to know - I had a phone call at work recently from a woman who asked to be put put through to one of the bosses, I told her there was a meeting and could I take a message. She gave me her name and number asking that the boss call her about Amanda Tree`s report. I gave the message to my boss who phoned the woman up, I could hear some very puzzled sounding conversation and then gales of laughter. My boss came out and informed me it wasn`t Amanda Tree`s report but a mandatory report - stupid Aussie accents!!! Oh well it won me a Cole`s voucher for 3rd prize in the Wooden Duck of the year award yesterday.
And if you are in any doubt as to the fact I`m an idiot I might as well tell you about the whole workplace email I sent out telling people to look at an attachment and let me know of any errors - I made a funny comment on the email about how their wouldn`t be any as I don`t make mistakes and sent it - only to realise just as I hit the send button that I had forgotten to attach the file! My inbox was nearly full within about 5 minutes!!
Old Dec 18th 2009, 8:49 pm

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

I have had many email disasters. I help rehome cats and dogs and got this email off a man who said he was completely blind and he was going on and on about how he wanted this cat and it had to be black and white. anyway I forwarded it to someone and said "although i cant see what his fixation is with the cat's colour - hes not going to see them anyway" - but it went back to him and he was really really upset. I felt sick because he called up and was crying about his dead cat and his blindness etc. Just awful.

I was on the phone the other day to a customer and when he had gone- I said to Em "I just love talking to him, he has such a f**kable voice (nice term of phrase I know )

- anyway - you can guess it - he was still on the phone. I am still embarrassed to talk to him as he is a regular customer who I had built up quite a rapport with. he is now Em's customer.

Actually my life is a sequence of stupid actions
Old Dec 18th 2009, 8:50 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by viviennef
I have had many email disasters. I help rehome cats and dogs and got this email off a man who said he was completely blind and he was going on and on about how he wanted this cat and it had to be black and white. anyway I forwarded it to someone and said "although i cant see what his fixation is with the cat's colour - hes not going to see them anyway" - but it went back to him and he was really really upset. I felt sick because he called up and was crying about his dead cat and his blindness etc. Just awful.

I was on the phone the other day to a customer and when he had gone- I said to Em "I just love talking to him, he has such a f**kable voice (nice term of phrase I know - anyway - you can guess it - he was still on the phone. I am still embarrassed to talk to him as he is a regular customer who I had built up quite a rapport with. he is now Em's customer.

Actually my life is a sequence of stupid actions
Old Dec 18th 2009, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Walked round the house the other day looking for my mobile phone...........I was actually holding it in my right hand at the time.

A couple of days later, I was rummaging through my handbag looking for my sunglasses.....they were on the top of my head. This last activity was done in the company of a new man in my life who I am obviously trying to impress (not!)

Early onset dementia anyone???
Old Dec 18th 2009, 9:02 pm
Im a woomaaan

Originally Posted by Merseygirl
Walked round the house the other day looking for my mobile phone...........I was actually holding it in my right hand at the time.

A couple of days later, I was rummaging through my handbag looking for my sunglasses.....they were on the top of my head. This last activity was done in the company of a new man in my life who I am obviously trying to impress (not!)

Early onset dementia anyone???
I was meeting up with friends for coffee and I sitting there in the cafe with them, when my phone went off, I rumaged around in my bag, pulled it out and I tried tio answer it but it kept ringing , I was holding it to my ear shuuting "Hello, Hello!!" when I looked an realised I was holding the home phone and my mobile was still in my bag - I`d ran out the house grabbing my bag and for some reason chucked the home phone in there as I was going out the door - the onset of senility I think!Gave my mates a good laugh though!

Last edited by gobbyjock; Dec 18th 2009 at 9:04 pm.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 9:23 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
I was meeting up with friends for coffee and I sitting there in the cafe with them, when my phone went off, I rumaged around in my bag, pulled it out and I tried tio answer it but it kept ringing , I was holding it to my ear shuuting "Hello, Hello!!" when I looked an realised I was holding the home phone and my mobile was still in my bag - I`d ran out the house grabbing my bag and for some reason chucked the home phone in there as I was going out the door - the onset of senility I think!Gave my mates a good laugh though!
Old Dec 18th 2009, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Not me but my 12 year old daughter who is such a lovely girl but does not always think before she does things!Anyway she had a bit of hair at the side of her face that was curly and cut it offOne side of her head looks like she turned punkJust as well she can brush her hair over to hide it.

She also managed to fall off one of those big exercise balls and get her arm stuck in her heated hair straightenersShe had a lovey couple of burns on her arm poor thing.Sue.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 11:52 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

These are all quite tragic and yet funny at the same time.

Polly, why haven't you found a good doc to address your hormone issue? Hmmm?

I have done nothing stupid for a very long time. This thread has reminded me that I must break out a little more.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 12:07 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
These are all quite tragic and yet funny at the same time.

Polly, why haven't you found a good doc to address your hormone issue? Hmmm?

I have done nothing stupid for a very long time. This thread has reminded me that I must break out a little more.
Sounds like I'm not the only one that does daft things even when sober then

TP - I have seen a doctor, who told me to live with it and be glad I didn't have to pay for hairdressers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.