Wikiposts

Stupid Assuption???

Old May 2nd 2006, 10:37 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Assuption???

Originally Posted by Clippies
You must be very rich!
LOL, I used to be "rich" when I was an accountant. As a sign language interpreter I earn less than half of what I earned before. :scared:

Gina
Old May 2nd 2006, 11:47 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK
LOL, I used to be "rich" when I was an accountant. As a sign language interpreter I earn less than half of what I earned before. :scared:

Gina
Well I reckon you're rich now and was super rich befor My sister says sign language interps get paid a mint
Old May 2nd 2006, 11:54 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippies
My sister says sign language interps get paid a mint
LOL, wouldn't that be nice. But, as you know, the majority of deaf people are under-employed and underpaid. So, from that perspective, terps may look "rich". All I can say, if my husband hadn't got a well paid job, I couldn't afford to work as a sign language interpreter.- And when we get to Perth, I'll be working in my old job again (if anyone gives me a job), because terps' pay is even worse over there.

Gina
Old May 3rd 2006, 12:10 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK
LOL, wouldn't that be nice. But, as you know, the majority of deaf people are under-employed and underpaid. So, from that perspective, terps may look "rich". All I can say, if my husband hadn't got a well paid job, I couldn't afford to work as a sign language interpreter.- And when we get to Perth, I'll be working in my old job again (if anyone gives me a job), because terps' pay is even worse over there.

Gina
Yes under employed and under paid is true - my sister has a degree in computer science but works for RNID earning a true pittance and has to do another job of an evening doing sleep ins at a deaf centre so she can pay her rent oh and of course attempt to clear up her debts and student loan - she'll be in debt for life on that salary.

I've heard Auslang is very similar to BSL but was told that you'd have to train in Auslang to work in Aus with sign language
Old May 3rd 2006, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lordflasheart
I can't understand what they're "saying" when I'm sober!!
Likewise, but after a skinfull it does make sense: OK the meaning YOU get from the signing is probably totally different from the ACTUAL meaning...

Its a bit like the Lonely Planet episode in Hungary: 1 glass of Hungarian red and you can speak the language, 2 glasses and you can sing it!
Old May 3rd 2006, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Lordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Trevglas
Likewise, but after a skinfull it does make sense: OK the meaning YOU get from the signing is probably totally different from the ACTUAL meaning...

Its a bit like the Lonely Planet episode in Hungary: 1 glass of Hungarian red and you can speak the language, 2 glasses and you can sing it!

Trev, I generally talk bollox without the aid of aunty stella. But if she does pop round...
Old May 3rd 2006, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

first time I saw it a coupl eof years ago it was indeed The Blue Planet I think and it was some woman. I've never laughed so much in all my life as she did the actions of what sir dave described the animals doing. brilliant tv !

cadman