Wikiposts

Stupid Assuption???

Old May 1st 2006, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud of
Default Stupid Assuption???

Why the hell does it get to 1 o'clock in the morning and every program on TV has some bald-headed bloke doing sign language superimpossed on the bottom right of my TV screen.

Is there some bloody crazy assumption that all deaf people get out of bed at 1 o'clock in the morning, eager to watch shitty TV, or has there been some influx of deaf vampires recently???

Don't get me wrong - I'm sure that this element of society has been misrepresented over the years; and to all who enjoy waking up for "CSI Miami" with said geezer bopping away in the corner there I say "Cool".

But if I had a problem with hearing, I'd be well bolloxed off with what TV programmers think I might want to watch and the time I might want to watch it.

Seems to be another example of polically-correctness, without the common sense.

Flash.
Old May 1st 2006, 1:02 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Assuption???

Originally Posted by Lordflasheart
Why the hell does it get to 1 o'clock in the morning and every program on TV has some bald-headed bloke doing sign language superimpossed on the bottom right of my TV screen.

Is there some bloody crazy assumption that all deaf people get out of bed at 1 o'clock in the morning, eager to watch shitty TV, or has there been some influx of deaf vampires recently???

Don't get me wrong - I'm sure that this element of society has been misrepresented over the years; and to all who enjoy waking up for "CSI Miami" with said geezer bopping away in the corner there I say "Cool".

But if I had a problem with hearing, I'd be well bolloxed off with what TV programmers think I might want to watch and the time I might want to watch it.

Flash.
Are you watching planet earth? lol.
Old May 1st 2006, 1:04 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Flash.
PMSL. Thanks for that. Have often wondered the same but you have really made me giggle
Old May 1st 2006, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

i reckon it probably works on the Open Uni theory of "stick it on late at night so whomever can tape it and watch it on their own time"
Old May 1st 2006, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Perhaps the 'regular' shows have subtitles? Just a thought
Old May 1st 2006, 5:31 pm
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold

Flash.
Not a bad rant 7/10
Old May 1st 2006, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

it's still better than having a fishtank to watch at 2 in the morning because the ABC/SBS (can't remember which) considers it entertainment..I haven't see it for a while though, perhaps they have wisened up.
Old May 1st 2006, 8:12 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

I've noticed the same thing with certain satellite channels in the UK. I reckon there's some legal obligation to sign a certain percentage of programming and they get away with it by signing at ridiculous hours. Shoddy if you ask me.
Old May 1st 2006, 8:16 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

My sister always tapes it and then watches it at her leisure - saves her trying to read shitty teletext which has half the conversation missing. Although I'm sure she'd rather all tv was signed I doubt that will ever happen.
Old May 1st 2006, 8:19 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

It's called the 'Sign Zone' or something and yes, they assume people are going to tape them. What they didn't realise is that the 'signers' would turn into cult characters, particularly when they have to do a little dance or something, or sign the word bollocks. Depending on how wankered I am, I find it very entertaining.
Old May 1st 2006, 8:22 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
It's called the 'Sign Zone' or something and yes, they assume people are going to tape them. What they didn't realise is that the 'signers' would turn into cult characters, particularly when they have to do a little dance or something, or sign the word bollocks. Depending on how wankered I am, I find it very entertaining.
Lol, I love watching it actually - the signing can be hilarious, and because it's BSL it's all back to front! Well confusing if you're watching and listening at the same time
Old May 2nd 2006, 8:40 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
I've noticed the same thing with certain satellite channels in the UK. I reckon there's some legal obligation to sign a certain percentage of programming and they get away with it by signing at ridiculous hours.
You hit the nail on the head. Still, it's an improvement on what they had before: "sign zone" used to be just "educational" programmes, like Horizon/Panorama, the news that kind of thing.

At least now they also include shows like CSI and soaps in the signed output. Some of the interpretation is really good, sometimes it's awful.

Gina
(BSL Sign Language Interpreter)
Old May 2nd 2006, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

Come on people!

Its so you can come home from the pub pi$$ed as a f4rt and watch telly without waking anybody
Old May 2nd 2006, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by GinaUK
You hit the nail on the head. Still, it's an improvement on what they had before: "sign zone" used to be just "educational" programmes, like Horizon/Panorama, the news that kind of thing.

At least now they also include shows like CSI and soaps in the signed output. Some of the interpretation is really good, sometimes it's awful.

Gina
(BSL Sign Language Interpreter)
You must be very rich! And very clever It's sooo hard!
Old May 2nd 2006, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Trevglas
Come on people!

Its so you can come home from the pub pi$$ed as a f4rt and watch telly without waking anybody

I can't understand what they're "saying" when I'm sober!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.