Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Stunning photo of Perth from last night...........

Stunning photo of Perth from last night...........

Old Oct 17th 2006, 1:30 am
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stunning photo of Perth from last night...........

Even surprised myself by how good it looked!
Attached Thumbnails Stunning photo of Perth from last night...........-pa160005.jpg  
Old Oct 17th 2006, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stunning photo of Perth from last night...........

Well done. I thought it was going to be a photo of the lovely sunset we had then remembered that was Sunday night
Old Oct 17th 2006, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
looks good, is it taken from Kings Park

we took some of the sky at sunset from outside of our house the other night, lovely colours but i'm a thicko at putting things other than type on the posts, so can't share them, but the sky was simly stunning
Old Oct 17th 2006, 1:47 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

That's gorgeous. What type of camera have you got?
Old Oct 17th 2006, 1:49 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I'm more impressed at you standing up at Kings Park at night yesterday as it was bloody cold!!
Old Oct 17th 2006, 2:37 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by webgum
That's gorgeous. What type of camera have you got?
It's an Olympus SP500UZ. Shot had an exposure time of 3.2 seconds (I'm guessing a tripod was used) at F/2.8 and ISO 80. It was taken at 8:42pm.

Old Oct 17th 2006, 2:51 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

that looks impressive!! i have put that in my Photo's to send to relatives it's so good!
Old Oct 17th 2006, 3:12 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Great snap Dave, we went to Incontro restaurant in South Perth on Saturday, got the table on the front left corner, the view back across to the city is stunning, almost looks like the city is floating on the river. It was crystal clear and the river was like a mirror.
Unfortunately I didnt have the camera with me
If your into photography its an excellent spot to head, especially if they have the lights on at Kings Park.
Steve
Old Oct 17th 2006, 3:41 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Great photo. It reminded me of one we have. This was taken from roughly the same spot in about January 1984. Skyline has changed slightly
Attached Thumbnails Stunning photo of Perth from last night...........-scan10005.jpg  
Old Oct 17th 2006, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

noonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to all

That's a great photo. I'm trying to work out where you were though - it looks to me like you climbed up one of the big trees by the road in Kings Park?!

I tried to take the same photo the other week without a tripod... it was never going to work
Old Oct 17th 2006, 4:54 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Hutch
It's an Olympus SP500UZ. Shot had an exposure time of 3.2 seconds (I'm guessing a tripod was used) at F/2.8 and ISO 80. It was taken at 8:42pm.

How do you know????????!!!!!!
Old Oct 17th 2006, 5:07 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Import the photo into your editing package and you can usually pick up most of the properties from the photo through there.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

noonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to all

(puts on nerd hat)

EXIF Metadata. Most (all?) digital cameras save data such as the camera model, date/time of shot, camera settings etc in the image file they produce and this can be extracted from the image using most graphics software.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exchang...ge_file_format

Ed
Old Oct 17th 2006, 6:40 am
kneading my cushion

Thanks Steve and Noonard.
I have the equipment, but not the technological ability!!!
You should see me trying to fathom out the software bits and bobs for my new MP3 player!!
Old Oct 17th 2006, 7:51 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Good photo....but is that the whole of the CBD....??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.