Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Stunning! And one for the boys

Stunning! And one for the boys

Old Jun 23rd 2006, 3:21 pm
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Stunning! And one for the boys

Originally Posted by arkon
It's not often I'm mega impressed with something but today I had delivered a new torch that I think is simply stunning and so need to tell people how good it is, and no I don't sell them!

It's a 3 watt T-Bin LED torch, powered by 2 AA bateries and lasts about 10 hours. 3 watts doesn't sound a lot but I took it out in the dark tonight to see what it was like and it puts my 10 million candle power torch to shame. Ok not as bright or long distance as the 10 mil, but amazing for it's power consuption. It's a fenlix L2T and worth every penny.

Just thought I'd give the girls an idea for a stocking filler for the lads.
How very positive of you.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 3:35 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
It's not often I'm mega impressed with something but today I had delivered a new torch that I think is simply stunning and so need to tell people how good it is, and no I don't sell them!

It's a 3 watt T-Bin LED torch, powered by 2 AA bateries and lasts about 10 hours. 3 watts doesn't sound a lot but I took it out in the dark tonight to see what it was like and it puts my 10 million candle power torch to shame. Ok not as bright or long distance as the 10 mil, but amazing for it's power consuption. It's a fenlix L2T and worth every penny.

Just thought I'd give the girls an idea for a stocking filler for the lads.
Ah! What a bright idea!
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 4:07 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Mind you Arkon

Fenix torches are made in China.

Maybe that explains it

G
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 5:31 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Stunning! And one for the boys

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Can I borrow your magic light stick? I think the water men need it.........

The Bloke has just had an interesting conversation with the lovely people who supply water to Brisbane....
"Why have we no water"
"Because its broken"
"When will it be back"
"Don't know, few hours, when its fixed"
When whats fixed"
"The leak outside number 40 that the man is working on"
"Well....we're at number 36 and there ain't noone outside...."
"Yes there is...."
"No there ain't........."
"Oh perhaps he's gone for help...."
"But he hasn't been here yet, how does he know he needs help......."
"Cos theres water everywhere....
"No there isn't...."
"yes there is...."
"No there isn't....."
"How do you know......."
"COS WE LIVE THERE!!!!!!And we can see the road and its DRY"

Ten minutes later....
One man is wandering around in the street, in the dark, without a torch, looking for the leak........
Fifteen minutes.....
Now we have 5 trucks, 5 men, no torches, still dark, no water....and cos these houses don't have cold water tanks, I mean NO water for the forseeable future........which will probably be Monday, being Queensland.

Signed
Arkon's sister
Try this on for size: my wife and I regularly find a little calling card from our local British Gas meter-reader chappie. ("Sorry we missed you, blah-de-blah... please fill in this card with your latest meter reading and leave it for us to pick up, blah-de-blah.")

All fine and dandy, except for one thing: we're on pay-as-you-go gas, for which we have a top-card. There is a meter, but it's not one that you can read - and even if you could, what would be the point?

So, on the appointed day, we read the latest BG card, have a quiet chuckle to ourselves, and bin it.

This happens regularly. BG have never contacted us about it, except to drop off yet another card - which we also ignore.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 5:46 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Try this on for size: my wife and I regularly find a little calling card from our local British Gas meter-reader chappie. ("Sorry we missed you, blah-de-blah... please fill in this card with your latest meter reading and leave it for us to pick up, blah-de-blah.")

All fine and dandy, except for one thing: we're on pay-as-you-go gas, for which we have a top-card. There is a meter, but it's not one that you can read - and even if you could, what would be the point?

So, on the appointed day, we read the latest BG card, have a quiet chuckle to ourselves, and bin it.

This happens regularly. BG have never contacted us about it, except to drop off yet another card - which we also ignore.
I've never had one of these pay as you go thingies but I thought they did have to come and check them or something every so often (to make sure no-one's fiddling them with the tin foil ) I could be wrong though
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 5:48 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

They are all useless!

We use NPOWER, which is a dual fuel account.

They always give us estimated meter readings, which is really annoying as both the meters are on the outside of the f*****g house! Are they blind!

It wouldn't annoy me so much, but their estimates are normally twice what we use anyway!
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 5:54 pm
tin
Brisbane bound

tin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
They are all useless!

We use NPOWER, which is a dual fuel account.

They always give us estimated meter readings, which is really annoying as both the meters are on the outside of the f*****g house! Are they blind!

It wouldn't annoy me so much, but their estimates are normally twice what we use anyway!
Yeah we've had British Gas and Powergen and both useless. On the plus side it's like a savings account you didn't know about, when we provided a reading for our final bill we got a nice big £200 refund
Martyn
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:15 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Vash

You are beginning to sound a bit tired and oh so predictable

Don't you think you would be able to serve Australia better if you were to take a break....perhaps re-register under a different name?

Everyone can predict what you are going to post on any thread now and probably ignore you.

A shame really because I used to think that you had some style....

G

Last edited by Grayling; Jun 23rd 2006 at 9:17 pm.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by Grayling
Vash

You are beginning to sound a bit tired and oh so predictable

Don't you think you would be able to serve Australia better if you were to take a break....perhaps re-register under a different name?

Everyone can predict what you are going to post on any thread now and probably ignore you.

A shame really because I used to think that you had some style....

G
That's such a load a b*ll*x I'm afraid (My opinion)

Lighten up
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:30 pm
Bitter and twisted

That's such a load a b*ll*x I'm afraid (My opinion)
I agree....that's why I'm suggesting he re-register.

Then maybe people will take notice again.

G
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:31 pm

I agree....that's why I'm suggesting he re-register.

Then maybe people will take notice again.

G
Daft brush!
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:39 pm
Bitter and twisted

Daft brush!
Give us a kiss

G XXXXXXXXXX
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:49 pm

Give us a kiss

G XXXXXXXXXX
Pity there's no smiles for feeling sick
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:50 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Daft brush!
Anyway, you can get 5 watt ones too, but they don't last so long on the batteries.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:51 pm
Bitter and twisted

Pity there's no smiles for feeling sick

G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.