Stung

Old Jan 19th 2010, 6:59 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stung

Just doing a bit of pruning in the garden and cut off a dead leaf that had a paper wasp nest hanging underneath. They were not bloody impressed about it.

I can now vouch for the fact that paper wasp stings bloody hurt. Much more so than European wasps. Ice pack seems to do the business in knocking some of the pain out of the stings.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 7:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stung

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Just doing a bit of pruning in the garden and cut off a dead leaf that had a paper wasp nest hanging underneath. They were not bloody impressed about it.

I can now vouch for the fact that paper wasp stings bloody hurt. Much more so than European wasps. Ice pack seems to do the business in knocking some of the pain out of the stings.
Now that reminds me errm LOL I guess for this one.

Had a Caravan at Nagambie.... the electric on the pole blew the plug.... I had to change the plug over. So it was damn awkward working on it, especially as there was a Paper wasp nest adjacent to the power point. So there I am trimming the wires and getting the new plug ready.... however I couldnt hold the lead and screw up the plug at the same time. So I enlisted the wifes help.... got her to hold the lead whilst I connected the plug and yehp you guessed it. Down came 2 or 3 wasps and stung her.

She was pretty damn annoyed... went of got some baygon sprayed the nest and attemped to spray me. I think she was swearing for about 15 minutes.

Old Jan 19th 2010, 7:07 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Now that reminds me errm LOL I guess for this one.

Had a Caravan at Nagambie.... the electric on the pole blew the plug.... I had to change the plug over. So it was damn awkward working on it, especially as there was a Paper wasp nest adjacent to the power point. So there I am trimming the wires and getting the new plug ready.... however I couldnt hold the lead and screw up the plug at the same time. So I enlisted the wifes help.... got her to hold the lead whilst I connected the plug and yehp you guessed it. Down came 2 or 3 wasps and stung her.

She was pretty damn annoyed... went of got some baygon sprayed the nest and attemped to spray me. I think she was swearing for about 15 minutes.

It really is quite a sharp pain at first... you're lucky you didn't get the Baygon smacked round your head.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 7:09 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

We'll just have to await and see your superpower now... hmmmm.. will you use it for good or for evil?

Em x
Old Jan 19th 2010, 7:27 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by emelems
We'll just have to await and see your superpower now... hmmmm.. will you use it for good or for evil?

Em x
Well as this is a piccie I took of one in my garden I think I will go with evil.... it suits me better anyway.
Attached Thumbnails Stung-wasp.jpg  
Old Jan 19th 2010, 7:35 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

is that one of those ones that looks like it is two wasps flying together?
Old Jan 19th 2010, 7:38 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
is that one of those ones that looks like it is two wasps flying together?
Bit like that. Very narrow at the abdomen. There's probably a proper term for it.... but not being an insectomologist, as Homer would say, I'm not familiar with it.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 7:42 pm
Account Closed

Well as this is a piccie I took of one in my garden I think I will go with evil.... it suits me better anyway.
thats one ugly looking bugger.... ....
Old Jan 19th 2010, 10:01 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

thats one ugly looking bugger.... ....
The wasp is no looker either......
Old Jan 19th 2010, 10:06 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
The wasp is no looker either......
Old Jan 19th 2010, 10:13 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Em x
I'm thinking of the film 'The Fly'
Old Jan 19th 2010, 10:15 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
I'm thinking of the film 'The Fly'
indeed! I keep imagining and tittering at Iam buzzing "help me... help me" in a little voice...

Of course if he flies in and kicks my arse in his new cape and mask then I will deny all knowledge...

Em x
Old Jan 19th 2010, 10:19 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

indeed! I keep imagining and tittering at Iam buzzing "help me... help me" in a little voice...

Of course if he flies in and kicks my arse in his new cape and mask then I will deny all knowledge...

Em x
Old Jan 19th 2010, 10:23 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Ouch!

I was stung on my finger of all places and it swelled up like a big fat ugly sausage. Bloody hurt for days.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 10:26 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Ouch!

I was stung on my finger of all places and it swelled up like a big fat ugly sausage. Bloody hurt for days.
Bernie will be hunting for wasps to bite his todger now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.