Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Stuck In The Cold And Cant Go Out

Stuck In The Cold And Cant Go Out

Old Nov 16th 2006, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant future
Default Stuck In The Cold And Cant Go Out

Ive just arrived back in the uk for a few days its cold wet and ruddy miserable and ive just found out there is a problem with going on the father in laws car insurance. So im sat in the house waiting for a phone call to confirm i can go on his policy. Im three miles from the nearest bus stop and to cap it all off the power has been turned off for the day. Im so glad to be back!
Old Nov 16th 2006, 9:11 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stuck In The Cold And Cant Go Out

LOL
..... Take heart, it's cold (snow), wet and miserable here too.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant future

yeah but id rather be cold in oz than cold in manchester lol
Old Nov 16th 2006, 4:49 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Stuck In The Cold And Cant Go Out

Originally Posted by chrisandvee
yeah but id rather be cold in oz than cold in manchester lol
Hmmm, you do have a point there.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 5:03 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Hmmm, you do have a point there.
Dark nights.....I am depressed....I feel like a pit pony....I get up in the dark, I go to work in the dark, I get home in the dark.

I don't know if I've got SAD but I certainly feel sad...
Old Nov 16th 2006, 5:09 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
LOL
..... Take heart, it's cold (snow), wet and miserable here too.
Youre weather is going to improve over the next few weeks, we have just started the long dark, wet & cold days.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 5:13 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Stuck In The Cold And Cant Go Out

Originally Posted by busterboy
Dark nights.....I am depressed....I feel like a pit pony....I get up in the dark, I go to work in the dark, I get home in the dark.

I don't know if I've got SAD but I certainly feel sad...
I get up in the dark, I go to work in the early morning light, and I get home in the dark.

It doesn't worry me, though.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 5:17 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
I get up in the dark, I go to work in the early morning light, and I get home in the dark.

It doesn't worry me, though.
I have spent the last 24 years getting up in the dark,go to work in the dark and spend 5 months of the year driving home in the dark.

I think i'll emigrate.

come to think of it, I am
Old Nov 16th 2006, 5:19 pm
Account Closed

sassycat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by furkew
I have spent the last 24 years getting up in the dark,go to work in the dark and spend 5 months of the year driving home in the dark.

I think i'll emigrate.

come to think of it, I am
Think you will find there are 1000's of us having the same idea
Old Nov 16th 2006, 6:12 pm
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassycat
Think you will find there are 1000's of us having the same idea

Its in the minus degrees here in Aberdeenshire !!!!
Old Nov 16th 2006, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

i actually moved to spain to get out of the cold whilst i do my visa application to oz so im not used to the cold and wet of the uk now
Old Nov 16th 2006, 8:46 pm
Account Closed

Well I'm sitting here in the sun this morning and the bad weather seems to have gone. I am not missing England at all right now.
Old Nov 17th 2006, 12:35 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Well I'm sitting here in the sun this morning and the bad weather seems to have gone. I am not missing England at all right now.

Thankfully the cold weather has passed and we have to hit 36 deg by Tuesday.. YAY !!!!!!!!
Old Nov 17th 2006, 12:41 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
Thankfully the cold weather has passed and we have to hit 36 deg by Tuesday.. YAY !!!!!!!!
A pleasant and balmy 25 here.
Old Nov 17th 2006, 12:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

A pleasant and balmy 25 here.
It's fined up in Melbourne and we're set for a beaut weekend.