Reload this Page >

Stressed beyond belief

Wikiposts

Stressed beyond belief

Old Oct 19th 2009, 9:18 am
Account Closed

aglassofwinehelps is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stressed beyond belief

I have had to live up to my username and have a glass of wine. The shippers are here 1st thing in the morning and I have never been so stressed about anything. It has taken a month of planning, cleaning, disinfecting but still, here I am, the night before very unready for the packing tomorrow.

I can't believe there has been so many tip runs, so many things given away and still I could sit and cry at what is left to sort out. The kids are unpacking everything I have packed, I am re-cleaning the same stuff and the neighbours are 'popping in' with cards and presents. I feel like screaming!!!!

I for one won't be going to bed tonight so feel free to chat to me.

Anyway, the gloves are going back on and the Jeyes Fluid is being applied, wish me luck. x
Old Oct 19th 2009, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

crispysince70 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stressed beyond belief

Awww bless, I had a tear in my eye for you when I was reading your post. It must be a brill feeling though getting to this stage at last.

Good luck with everything I'm sure you'll be all when it's all done!!
Old Oct 19th 2009, 9:54 am
Account Closed

aglassofwinehelps is an unknown quantity at this point

I am so pleased to be going, I have been apart from my husband for almost 7 months, the kids are missing their dad. But to all those still to do it I would say be prepared and never think you can be too organised. I am the most organised person in the world, I shipped the OH off to find a job safe in the knowledge that I could do everything that was needed to be done this end. I underestimated how big a job it was. So here I am anticipating the night ahead still preparing everything and throwing good things out because I didn't have chance to sort it all out properly. Roll on 24hrs when I'll be drinking a glass of wine thinking what's done is done and I can do no more. x
Old Oct 19th 2009, 11:33 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

Just make sure you have left aside all your important documents where they cannot be packed (like a neighbours house), oh and leave the kettle etc to last :0)

I feel for you and remember it like it were yesterday.

Keep Smiling and ship the kids out somewhere tomorrow

Jan
Old Oct 19th 2009, 12:02 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Mad times indeed - remember them well. Not an enjoyable time, but boy is it worth it when you pop out the other side.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Dont be too hasty to throw out things that you may regret doing so.Put them aside and while the shippers are packing up you may have time to sort it.And when one of your neigbours pop round with cards ask them if they would like to borrow the kids as they wont be able to do it for much longer.And yes a glass of wine helps.Good luck.It will all be worth it.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

I feel for you. We only sent boxes, no furniture (about 250 cu feet in total, shared container) and I was packing from the end of June until the third week of August...with two additional trips to the shipper's to drop off extra boxes that had not been ready for their pick up.

And with the 9 suitcases...well...I was packing a week in advance but still somehow managed to be packing right up until we left for the airport. Crazy times.

Hang in there...it'll all be done soon...
Old Oct 19th 2009, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

munch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nice

Oh, I really do feel for you, especially doing it on your own...you need a medal!
The tip trips, I remember them - convoy of us all taking rubbish and the pile at the house never seemed to go down, and yes the amount of stuff you give away is heartbreaking!!
It will soon be over, remember to take pictures of the boxes getting packed and going into the van it is nice when you get here to look back at all the chaos and the start of a new chapter, even better when they unpack it all at this end - I took loads of pictures of the kids diving into the boxes, happy memories.
Good luck, it is so worth it....honest.
Debbie
Old Oct 19th 2009, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Give the lot to charity.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

Including the kids?

We are just starting out on our "packing" journey and just thinking about it is so scary. I wish you the best of luck and I hope it all comes together for you!
Old Oct 19th 2009, 7:45 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck with the rest of the packing. All of a sudden it'll all fall into place.

And enjoy the reunion with hubby

Julie. x
Old Oct 19th 2009, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

I remember the packing madness well and all the trips to the tip. Just tell yourself that in another three days it will be over.

Quick tip (not sure if it's too late): Pack away the Jeyes fluid. It's a popular myth on BE that you must clean, clean, clean - and preferably with Jeyes Fluid.

We didn't clean shoes at all. We cleaned bike tyres and all gardening tools with the gardening hose. That was it. It all came through Oz customs with the exception of the hedge trimmer (they decided it needed to be a bit cleaner which cost a few dollars - can't rmember how much but was well under $100).

Spend your time sorting and packing suitcases, but don't waste it on cleaning with Jeyes Fluid.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

Haysies is an unknown quantity at this point

We will be doing exactly the same on Thursday - I feel for you - and had a little tear reading your post. It is like being on a rollercoaster and we are just getting to the VERY SCARY bit. I am chucking stuff at everyone who comes through the door! Coats,wellies,sandwich toasters - all very random!

Good luck with it all - when do you fly and where are you off to ?

Sara x
Old Oct 19th 2009, 10:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozhappy981
I remember the packing madness well and all the trips to the tip. Just tell yourself that in another three days it will be over.

Quick tip (not sure if it's too late): Pack away the Jeyes fluid. It's a popular myth on BE that you must clean, clean, clean - and preferably with Jeyes Fluid.

We didn't clean shoes at all. We cleaned bike tyres and all gardening tools with the gardening hose. That was it. It all came through Oz customs with the exception of the hedge trimmer (they decided it needed to be a bit cleaner which cost a few dollars - can't rmember how much but was well under $100).

Spend your time sorting and packing suitcases, but don't waste it on cleaning with Jeyes Fluid.
Not convinced that this is great advice, rather that you were lucky! We had a pair of shoes removed from a bag at Bris airport & taken off to be cleaned because soil & dirt are things that they do worry about.

To the OP - karma sent honey & just keep looking forward to being reunited with your husband, you will get through it
Old Oct 19th 2009, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

deedee_b will become famous soon enoughdeedee_b will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
Give the lot to charity.
So true... If you haven't looked at it or used it for 3 or so months...charity it.
Best of luck..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.