Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Streets Beach is back !!

Streets Beach is back !!

Old Jun 18th 2011, 1:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Streets Beach is back !!

The clear blue skies were back in Brisbane today though still a bit fresher than normal. Had dinner at South Bank this evening after seeing the Surrealism exhibit at GOMA and was very happy to see that the water is back at Streets Beach. Seemed naked without it. Everyone seemed to be out today with West End markets jam packed this morning, boundary street buzzing and South Bank busy. Good times.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226077313444

Last edited by fish.01; Jun 18th 2011 at 1:47 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 3:15 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Streets Beach is back !!

I love it there. Good to know it's back to how it should be again.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 11:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Brisbane in Winter

(Source: duke@SSC)

Last edited by fish.01; Jun 19th 2011 at 11:06 am.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 7:41 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
The clear blue skies were back in Brisbane today though still a bit fresher than normal. Had dinner at South Bank this evening after seeing the Surrealism exhibit at GOMA and was very happy to see that the water is back at Streets Beach. Seemed naked without it. Everyone seemed to be out today with West End markets jam packed this morning, boundary street buzzing and South Bank busy. Good times.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226077313444
that's excellent news mate

we went up the river recently and were surprised to see how badly damaged the whole of the river view is from the river cat. We had to get off at Riverside as opposed to the bottom of Queen st and fares had also gone up substantially probably to pay for the damage caused by the floods.The river cat was almost empty so I hope that things will improve now Southbank is back open
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 12:45 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
that's excellent news mate

we went up the river recently and were surprised to see how badly damaged the whole of the river view is from the river cat. We had to get off at Riverside as opposed to the bottom of Queen st and fares had also gone up substantially probably to pay for the damage caused by the floods.The river cat was almost empty so I hope that things will improve now Southbank is back open
I think the fare increases had been announced before the floods.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 7:00 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

And if you see a friendly looking copper walking around, stop me and say hello
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 7:17 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
I heard once that paedophiles have been known to hang around the beach at South Bank to perv on the kids in their swimsuits.

I figure you would know if this is true?

I hope not, but I suppose the creeps are everywhere.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 7:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wow, nice gig. I'll be the one talking to a confused looking officer who has never heard of BE
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 7:25 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
Wow, nice gig. I'll be the one talking to a confused looking officer who has never heard of BE
Yeah, it's not a bad office
Pick the copper still wearing shorts and you'll find me
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

I have done that!
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 3:06 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Originally Posted by medwaymark
I have done that!
Haha yes you have