Streaming TV

Old May 4th 2009, 8:20 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Streaming TV

BBc ITV sky and loads of others.

http://www.filmon.com/tv/index.php
Old May 4th 2009, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of
Default Re: Streaming TV

Love the last ten seconds of the video

Paddy
Old May 5th 2009, 1:37 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser

Mmm - interesting - you signed up? I can get all the above through Zattoo (which is free) with a VPN (which costs me $60 for a year's subscription) - would be interesting to compare quality.
Old May 5th 2009, 3:23 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Mmm - interesting - you signed up? I can get all the above through Zattoo (which is free) with a VPN (which costs me $60 for a year's subscription) - would be interesting to compare quality.
It's free, someone posted this on another site.

sky sports has been removed following a letter from Sky's legal team. They are trying to do a deal with sky, but highly unlikely as sky are bastards.

I found a tv forum yesterday and one of the site owners was explaining how it works.

As of this Thursday (probably) they will be switching on their new software, which is the most advanced streaming-type software in the world. They say it will blow everybody away with the quality.

At the moment its free, they are stress-testing their servers, which is why they broadcast sky sports as it gives them guaranteed high view figures without having to advertise too much.

Most of the rest of the stuff is broadcast legally - they have signed an agreement with Ch4 and Film 4 and paramount among others.

The bad news is that they are considering charging subs of approx £12 per month in future if ad revenue isn't high enough.

The company was founded by a guy called Alki (great name) and he is a tv/film producer and actor (allegedly).

The XXX stuff is all legit and there to stay by the way.
Old May 5th 2009, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud of

Cheers for that, am at work at the mo so can't check sound but picture looks fine for live streaming although!
Old May 5th 2009, 6:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Not a bad picture at all

Although mine is only streaming for about 20 seconds and stopping.... then I have to start it up again.

Looks like this is the way of the future for sure now. Bye bye Foxtel

I assume thats because it's a trial... or is it a problem my end ?
Old May 5th 2009, 8:42 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

It's free, someone posted this on another site.

sky sports has been removed following a letter from Sky's legal team. They are trying to do a deal with sky, but highly unlikely as sky are bastards.

I found a tv forum yesterday and one of the site owners was explaining how it works.

As of this Thursday (probably) they will be switching on their new software, which is the most advanced streaming-type software in the world. They say it will blow everybody away with the quality.

At the moment its free, they are stress-testing their servers, which is why they broadcast sky sports as it gives them guaranteed high view figures without having to advertise too much.

Most of the rest of the stuff is broadcast legally - they have signed an agreement with Ch4 and Film 4 and paramount among others.

The bad news is that they are considering charging subs of approx £12 per month in future if ad revenue isn't high enough.

The company was founded by a guy called Alki (great name) and he is a tv/film producer and actor (allegedly).

The XXX stuff is all legit and there to stay by the way.
Not convinced it'll survive going mainstream. Streaming video consumes vast amounts of bandwidth and is incredibly difficult to scale correctly. Consider the fact that the genius programmers behind Skype who went on to create the Joost video service haven't got it right. And if this guy had seriously created some amazing new streaming service are we supposed to believe he'd use it to stream bent retransmissions of British telly channels rather than sell it to Google at a vast profit so they could use it with YouTube?
Old May 5th 2009, 12:25 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

I am loving this, superb quality. even tho its dropped put a couple of times on my first go, its defo worth a go. Nice one Fraser

Nev
Old May 5th 2009, 12:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Not convinced it'll survive going mainstream. Streaming video consumes vast amounts of bandwidth and is incredibly difficult to scale correctly. Consider the fact that the genius programmers behind Skype who went on to create the Joost video service haven't got it right. And if this guy had seriously created some amazing new streaming service are we supposed to believe he'd use it to stream bent retransmissions of British telly channels rather than sell it to Google at a vast profit so they could use it with YouTube?

My issues were buffering ones, I assume from their end. The quality looked very good for a stream, I doubt if it would look very good on a 50 inch screen though, however the compromise of real live tv down to a 32 inch would be worth the benefits.

Looks like live internet tv really is on its way, the only thing that can hold it back now, is the projected net traffic jam that is coming up at the end of 2011.... which I'm sure is a furphy.
Old May 5th 2009, 2:43 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

works good. quality good. and free. some of the US channels abit sluggish but the rest are fantastic.

I think you need firefox though
Old May 6th 2009, 2:11 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Great thread.

It's prompted me to ditch my ISP who can't do ADSL2+ and switch to one who can, for the same price.

Can't wait to try some of these out.