Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Strawberry Fields Bakery Qld Sunshine Coast

Wikiposts

Strawberry Fields Bakery Qld Sunshine Coast

Old Dec 24th 2005, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

stevieuk123 is a jewel in the roughstevieuk123 is a jewel in the roughstevieuk123 is a jewel in the roughstevieuk123 is a jewel in the roughstevieuk123 is a jewel in the rough
Default Strawberry Fields Bakery Qld Sunshine Coast

Hi all

moved out to OZ 14 weeks ago to start a new bakery in Kuluin on the sunshine coast QLD. Fed up with watching the Blair government give our hard earned money away. Big move but we intend to stay for at least 2 years to give the children citizenship. So far we love the area but need to get the business into profit to stay. We intend to have pommie get togethers at the shop for new arrivals and established immigrants wanting advise.

Two daughters at school, both have settled really well. We have spent a small fortune so far settling in but hopefully it will be all worth it in the end.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 2:02 am
Jonah & Suzie's Daddy!!!

Sir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud of
Default Re: Strawberry Fields Bakery Qld Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by stevieuk123
Hi all

moved out to OZ 14 weeks ago to start a new bakery in Kuluin on the sunshine coast QLD. Fed up with watching the Blair government give our hard earned money away. Big move but we intend to stay for at least 2 years to give the children citizenship. So far we love the area but need to get the business into profit to stay. We intend to have pommie get togethers at the shop for new arrivals and established immigrants wanting advise.

Two daughters at school, both have settled really well. We have spent a small fortune so far settling in but hopefully it will be all worth it in the end.
bump
Old Mar 16th 2006, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

stevieuk123 is a jewel in the roughstevieuk123 is a jewel in the roughstevieuk123 is a jewel in the roughstevieuk123 is a jewel in the roughstevieuk123 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Sir Les Patterson
bump
Hi Les

I got a message that you had sent a reply but could not find it on the site.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 10:29 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Les

LOL - what is he like??

I am his OH..... please to meet you!

I think what he was going to say this that when we get to Aus (next few mths hopefully) we are taking my mum on holidays up the Sunny Coast for a week or so & we wanted to pop in for afternoon tea!

Claire
xx
Old Mar 16th 2006, 10:35 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Les

So any chance of an update then steve??
how is business?
how are you finding life in aus?

c'mon, give us an update!!!!!

Old Mar 16th 2006, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
So any chance of an update then steve??
how is business?
how are you finding life in aus?

c'mon, give us an update!!!!!

The business is now owned by a local company. We were the only shop in the complex, we were doing okay but it will take at least 2 years to reach its full potential. The company that have got it understand that, but they have substantial business elsewhere and can support it. I found them and introduced them to the owner of the complex, so the shop will continue. It may be closed for new sign age etc but will reopen soon.The other shops were beginning to open but were all evening type businesses like video and bottle shop, pizza etc. There was also a day care centre going in across the street supposed to start in January, but there was nothing happening at all. I know it will be a great spot in time, but anyone in there at the moment will find it very difficult. We were told the building would be up and ready when we arrived in September, It was not finished until late December so we were under financial pressure from the off. The other disappointing thing though was that we specialize in cakes which no one even bothered with, it was all hot beef rolls and a few pies. I know if I had sold burgers they would have gone well but I am a baker with some passion about the industry. Customers would walk in and never even look at cakes. We did it all, Bake wells, Eccles, glazed fruit danish pastries, local cakes the lot. We have owned six bakeries in the UK that have done well, so we know what we are doing. Xmas eve we went up to Buderim and just gave all the cake that we had left away as an advertising ploy. It was all about the time, if we were just arriving and open in a month along side other shops it would have been okay. At the moment we are considering all options. We are back sorting the house out in the grey cold UK at this time. We still own a house in Mountain creek. Its a great place,We will see.
Old Mar 17th 2006, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

The business is now owned by a local company. We were the only shop in the complex, we were doing okay but it will take at least 2 years to reach its full potential. The company that have got it understand that, but they have substantial business elsewhere and can support it. I found them and introduced them to the owner of the complex, so the shop will continue. It may be closed for new sign age etc but will reopen soon.The other shops were beginning to open but were all evening type businesses like video and bottle shop, pizza etc. There was also a day care centre going in across the street supposed to start in January, but there was nothing happening at all. I know it will be a great spot in time, but anyone in there at the moment will find it very difficult. We were told the building would be up and ready when we arrived in September, It was not finished until late December so we were under financial pressure from the off. The other disappointing thing though was that we specialize in cakes which no one even bothered with, it was all hot beef rolls and a few pies. I know if I had sold burgers they would have gone well but I am a baker with some passion about the industry. Customers would walk in and never even look at cakes. We did it all, Bake wells, Eccles, glazed fruit danish pastries, local cakes the lot. We have owned six bakeries in the UK that have done well, so we know what we are doing. Xmas eve we went up to Buderim and just gave all the cake that we had left away as an advertising ploy. It was all about the time, if we were just arriving and open in a month along side other shops it would have been okay. At the moment we are considering all options. We are back sorting the house out in the grey cold UK at this time. We still own a house in Mountain creek. Its a great place,We will see.

do you need any new staff i'm very good with buns
Old Mar 17th 2006, 1:31 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Wish you all the best with your endeavours
Old May 16th 2006, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Wish you all the best with your endeavours
I just called into your bakeryto get some cakes, and the new owner said you've gone back to the UK what a shame, sorry to hear that you've gone back.

All the best with everything.
Old May 17th 2006, 5:35 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

aw....what a shame!
hope everything is ok.......if you read this stevie.
best wishes and good luck with it all!

sue
Old May 18th 2006, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
aw....what a shame!
hope everything is ok.......if you read this stevie.
best wishes and good luck with it all!

sue
Thanks mate
We needed other shops in the complex to really take off. We had a mortgage here and our house in the UK rented and for sale. When our home in England had no tennant, it just became very difficult to sustain it all financially. We loved the place and very nearly made it, my kids will probably return one day now they have seen a better life. We have been so down about it, however within a few weeks of returning we both got really good jobs so we are stable while we think about the future.
Old May 18th 2006, 7:28 pm
Jonah & Suzie's Daddy!!!

Sir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud of

Thanks mate
We needed other shops in the complex to really take off. We had a mortgage here and our house in the UK rented and for sale. When our home in England had no tennant, it just became very difficult to sustain it all financially. We loved the place and very nearly made it, my kids will probably return one day now they have seen a better life. We have been so down about it, however within a few weeks of returning we both got really good jobs so we are stable while we think about the future.
hi steve good to hear you are ok at the moment .... i'm sure the gold coast could do with a good cake shop in the future so keep you options open and i hope you all have a great life
steve
Old May 18th 2006, 8:43 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks mate
Hey you were just along from the Maccas there,they announced they were closing their doors there as well. It's the first time I've ever heard of a Maccas closing down must be a really difficult place to attract punters too.
Good luck with everything.
Old May 19th 2006, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cresta57
Hey you were just along from the Maccas there,they announced they were closing their doors there as well. It's the first time I've ever heard of a Maccas closing down must be a really difficult place to attract punters too.
Good luck with everything.
Thats interesting, first ive heared of that, where did you hear it? That will really devastate the shops in the complex.
Old May 19th 2006, 12:23 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Thats interesting, first ive heared of that, where did you hear it? That will really devastate the shops in the complex.
It was announced on the local radio [zinc 96.1] station a couple of weeks ago. After the news the hosts were discussing how they'd never heard of a Maccas closing it's doors before.
Deb and I drove past there yesterday on the way back from Bunnings and the "drive in" light was still lit so it hasn't shut yet or it's been re-opened. Maybe one of the closer posters can shed more light on the issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.