Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

STOP OVERS IN SINGAPORE

STOP OVERS IN SINGAPORE

Old Aug 4th 2007, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

jamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nice
Default STOP OVERS IN SINGAPORE

HI we plan to do a 3/4 day stop over in singapore on our way to australia in late september can anybody tell us the best hotels and the best place to book them thanks jim/lorraine
Old Aug 4th 2007, 11:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: STOP OVERS IN SINGAPORE

We booked ours (Olson Hotel) through the Flight Centre. Visit Santosa Island and see the evening show on the beach. China town a good visit as is a river cruise and the harbour trip. Oh and the night zoo is a good trip too.
Old Aug 4th 2007, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

PARKES is on a distinguished road

The 'shangri-la singapore' is voted the best on www.tripadvisor.com, but there are reat reviews of others too.
Old Aug 4th 2007, 11:50 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

We've just had a stopover in Singapore in the Orchard Hotel on Orchard Road which was lovely
Old Aug 5th 2007, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

We stayed at the Sheraton Towers which were really lovely, the beds were so big that I never saw my husband for 3 nights! Great hotel, couldn't fault it.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 5:29 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

How do you actually go about getting a stopover in Singapore?

I went on the singapore airlines website and looked at the flight times n stuff and the plane from heathrow lands and the plane for the second leg takes off about two hours later.

Gimme a clue, I might fancy letting my son see singapore for a day or two.
Would you recommend it?

PS. He's a fussy eater, could he get summat he liked. (taties and meat)

Jazzys
Old Aug 5th 2007, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

borolad will become famous soon enoughborolad will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jazzys
How do you actually go about getting a stopover in Singapore?

I went on the singapore airlines website and looked at the flight times n stuff and the plane from heathrow lands and the plane for the second leg takes off about two hours later.

Gimme a clue, I might fancy letting my son see singapore for a day or two.
Would you recommend it?

PS. He's a fussy eater, could he get summat he liked. (taties and meat)

Jazzys
jazzy
its worth a night at least, we stopped over and done the zoo and other things good place to stop .
give it a go
Old Aug 5th 2007, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

I may well do, but how do I do it when I'm booking a flight online?

Jazzys
Old Aug 5th 2007, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

We just booked our hotel online after searching google. You can read reviews from people that have already stayed at the hotel you want to book if you put that in a search too.

I don't know but maybe singapore airline web site will have suggestions too.

Mandy
Old Aug 5th 2007, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

PARKES is on a distinguished road

We have booked our flights with travelbag, flying with emirates so we have got a stopover in dubai and in singapore , 2 nights each. It was difficult to do online found it better to speak to someone on the phone.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Its not booking the hotel that concerns me, its how do I do the flights?

Do I just book a flight to Singapore instead of booking a flight to Brisbane?
And also book a flight from Singapore to Australia a couple of days later?

Jazzys
Old Aug 5th 2007, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jazzys
I may well do, but how do I do it when I'm booking a flight online?

Jazzys
On the singapore airlines web site, click on promotions and stopover pops up, gives lists of hotels etc

Nic
Old Aug 5th 2007, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think I'll forget the singapore stopover, all the hotels seem expensive.

Jazzys
Old Aug 5th 2007, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

I would happily recommend the Marina Mandarin hotel in Singapore. We've stayed there three times now. If you have kids their "family room" is two interconnecting rooms (one double, one twin) and it's cheaper than booking two rooms elsewhere. I've always got the best rates by going direct - the last time I haggled by e-mail and got a serious reduction on the price I was first quoted.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks, All the hotels I've found seem to be near a hundred quid a night.
And I'm not prepared to pay that much.

Jazzys

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.