Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Is it still possible to sell your house in the UK?

Is it still possible to sell your house in the UK?

Old Jun 19th 2008, 7:32 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Is it still possible to sell your house in the UK?

We have had our house up since January and have already dropped £120k and received an offer this week of another £80k reduction off that which would make it a total of £200k off original valuation. We told them where they could go as we are not that desperate. If not sold by end July we are taking it off the market and going for a tenant as we are moving out in October. This is not ideal as it is not really a rental type property and would cost a fair bit for somebody to rent from us but we will put the rent as low as possible (below valuation) to hopefully attract a good long term tenant.

Our house is now well below other houses like this in the area and we are now getting considerable interest in it but there just are not the buyers out there.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

mollymoo will become famous soon enoughmollymoo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Is it still possible to sell your house in the UK?

It does seem all doom and gloom at the moment over there. On the up side, property prices here seem to be stagnant...not really dropping much (in the area we are living in anyway).

I thought that getting here was the worst bit, but boy, the stress involved with the huse seems 10 times worse. I suppose its all relative though, and if you feel on hold about selling the house to come here, then I can only assume thats even worse......

Sending as much positivity, kind thoughts and bloody desperate prayers to everyone waiting to sell

Molly x