Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Start a Nurses thread !

Start a Nurses thread !

Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

zoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nice
Default Re: Start a Nurses thread !

Originally Posted by itsjulie
I hope so!

I'm a midwife too. Currently living on the Mornington Peninsula and working in a local birthing unit just about getting to grips with the differences in practice!!
Hi, I am a midwife in the UK (Wigan) and we are hoping to move to the Mornington Peninsula. Can I ask you what midwifery is like out there??? Any advice would be much appriciated. Zoe x
Old Apr 20th 2008, 11:34 am
Just Joined

marknhelen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stitch
Hi,

I'm a NICU nurse lecturing just now. Hubby is Haemodialysis.

Cheers

Ginny
hi ginny,
our names are Mark and Helen. I see that you might be the person i need to talk to or who can advise better than anyone else.
Where do i start , well here goes. Helen Had a Kidney Transplant 4yrs ago and at the moment she is doing fine, before that she was on a Dialysis machine for 6 yrs.
\we have just been refused a visa , but the ASPC has agreed to give us 70 days to get more information. Only because the MOC looked at the application and seen Kidney Transplant and thought that was it . so the aspc said that moc had refused it on a hyperthetical person.
Any how after a couple of letters to ASPC telling them i would take them to court , because the MOC didnt look at it based on an individual but a hyperthetical person and they didnt warn us that they were goint to refuse the application , we threatened to take them to court. Anyway they have given us 70 days to present our case in front of another MOC doctor.
Our biggest problem that we can see is the medication, especially the tablet called TACROLIMUS as you know is a very expensive drug. How did you get round it all with your hubby on Dialysis, any help with this would be very much appreciated, does your hubby go to a clinic out there to hook up to a machine.
Look forward to speaking to you soon
Old Apr 20th 2008, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

DavidandAlex is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Helen for the advice,

My heart sank a bit though when you said about sending the NMC verification stuff recorded delivery - we put our in the post box this morning!!
I think I'll probably give a few days then given them a ring to check they've got it? Fingers crossed it makes it there ok!

We're having our photocopies certified tomorrow (OH's mum works for solicitors so they'll do it free ) then will send it all off the next day hopefully.

Really nice to chat with someone in a similar position to us. Will PM you some time if you don't mind. Take care

Alex
Old Apr 20th 2008, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

marknhelen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stitch
Hi,

I'm a NICU nurse lecturing just now. Hubby is Haemodialysis.

Cheers

Ginny
hi ginny my name is mark did u receive my letter to you , Helen my better half has had a kidney transplant. i have replyed to your thread dont know if you got it .
kind regards

Mark and Helen

Last edited by Pollyana; Apr 20th 2008 at 9:17 pm. Reason: For privacy reasons and to prevent spam, your email address has been removed, please make contact via the forum
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 11:07 am
Just Joined

mary irene is an unknown quantity at this point

I am so glad that this thread is a great hit. Are there any more Nurses here ? Continue to post.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Kookypie will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by zoeNpaul
Hi we are moving to Victoria, I am a midwife but we have only just started having my skills assessed so we are hoping we could be out there in Jan 09 (fingers crossed). Where about are you going in Vic??

Zoe
Hi Zoe,

I have accepted a job at the Royal Melbourne, time scale is a little tight...hoping to be there for September!! Not so long to go now...eek?

What about you?
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

zoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kookypie
Hi Zoe,

I have accepted a job at the Royal Melbourne, time scale is a little tight...hoping to be there for September!! Not so long to go now...eek?

What about you?
Hi I have sent my c.v to frankston hospital, but not had a reply as of yet (fingers crossed) the hospital is smack bang in the middlw of where we want to live. How long have they given you to get out there?? I am only just having my skils assessed so we wont be ready to go for quite some time yet!!! I hope they will have job by that time.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

IRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really niceIRBaboon is just really nice

Originally Posted by zoeNpaul
Hi I have sent my c.v to frankston hospital, but not had a reply as of yet (fingers crossed) the hospital is smack bang in the middlw of where we want to live. How long have they given you to get out there?? I am only just having my skils assessed so we wont be ready to go for quite some time yet!!! I hope they will have job by that time.
Hi everyone, nice to see so many nurses/midwives here.
I came over on a permanent visa February 2007 and applied for a job when I got here. Registration with the Nurses Board of WA took approx a month.
Currently working as a cancer nurse covering Fremantle and SCGH hospitals in Perth.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Hi are there any nurses/midwives working at Frankston hospital??? would love to talk to you zxz
Old Apr 28th 2008, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

mo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nice

Hi, I'm an RMN heading for Brisbane hopefully. Any others out there? Any tips/advice? Where to avoid?
Mo
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kookypie
Hi Zoe,

What about you?
Hi, I have just had an email from Frankston Hospital offering an interview and job (if interview is ok and refs) I feel sick now lol.... I think thats more to do with me hating interviews though... Any tips???? xzx
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:45 am
Registered madwife!

itsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really nice

Hi Zoe, sorry for not replying to your earlier question, didn't see it. I've sent you email. I work at Frankston hosp and will be pleased to answer any of your questions so fire away
Old May 5th 2008, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

flossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of light

as done with all the form filling-but then I applied for registration with the WA!!! Wonder how long the NMC will take to send off the relevant info???

So many nurses and midwives leaving the UK. Just goes to show that a little more appreciation and a huge pay rise from the NHS-might go a little way for us to stay...........

Who am I kidding???? Aus has sunshine!!!!
waawhoooooo!!!!!

Good luck to all u guys-have fun in Aus!!!!
xx
Old May 11th 2008, 11:11 am
Just Joined

mary irene is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone interested in an RN position in south side of brisbane Aged Care as there is places running. Hope to hear from you soon.
Old May 11th 2008, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

LUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to all

Hi
I'm Kim, going to RBWH in Julyon a 547 or whenever my OH leaves the Forces! Whichever,is quickest! We are looking to go to Mango Hill/Redcliffe, moving from a litle village near Arbroath to the big city of Brisbane!

Cant wait! Bring on the sunshine!

Kim Rob Emma Katie & Robbie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.