Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Soooo, umm.. how was YOUR christmas day?

Soooo, umm.. how was YOUR christmas day?

Old Dec 24th 2005, 8:57 pm
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Soooo, umm.. how was YOUR christmas day?

Mine?

Well, the salvos lunch was a big success enjoyed doing it, was invited back next year. Some really fun and interesting people there.

As to the rest... geez, i've had an eventful day!!!
After Mr Lush finished worked we went down to Coogee beach for the prawns and a picnic. All was going wonderfully. We had free air display from a complete show off in a bi plane doing acrobatics above the beach (very impressive) NOT so impressive although somewhat entertaining, a fight broke out right next to us between 3 brothers and the poor father got stuck in the middlke trying to separate them. Of course, the police soon rolled up and a bigger fight ensued!!! :scared: By far the most ummm, how can i put this "active" officer was a WOMAN! bloody hell she was scarey. Anyway, they all got dragged of in a paddy wagon. Off home we went.

After a coffee decided to go to the pool for a swim. 5mins into it, 2 guys of (as the media keep telling us) "middle eastern appearance", started playing bloody cricket next to the glass pool fence which meant that the ball was hitting the glass with great ferocity and making a hell of a racket!! After several minutes of this i couldnt stand it anymore and popped up the side of the pool asking them politely if they could do it somewhere else away from the glass as it was a bit frightening hearing the ball thumping the glass whilst trying to swim.
I got a mouthful of abuse and when i tried to explain it was dangerous, one of these guys snarled his teeth and started punching the glass at me!! :scared: :scared: Of course, this idiot couldnt possibly know how large and burly my husband is (6ft 4 brick house model) as he was submerged in the water. Being the strong silent type He didnt say a word, but casually made his way to the pool steps. As he climbed out, the enormity of their challenge must have scared the hell out of them as bat and ball was quickly scooped up, and to say they trotted off quickly is an understatement!!

Sooo, after all that i think i best stay indoors tonight.

How was your day? Can you beat that?
Old Dec 24th 2005, 9:08 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soooo, umm.. how was YOUR christmas day?

Originally Posted by Linda Lushardi
Mine?

Well, the salvos lunch was a big success enjoyed doing it, was invited back next year. Some really fun and interesting people there.

After Mr Lush finished worked we went down to Coogee beach for the prawns and a picnic. All was going wonderfully. We had free air display from a complete show off in a bi plane doing acrobatics above the beach (very impressive) NOT so impressive although somewhat entertaining, a fight broke out right next to us between 3 brothers and the poor father got stuck in the middlke trying to separate them. Of course, the police soon rolled up and a bigger fight ensued!!! :scared: By far the most ummm, how can i put this "active" officer was a WOMAN! bloody hell she was scarey. Anyway, they all got dragged of in a paddy wagon. Off home we went.

After a coffee decided to go to the pool for a swim. 5mins into it, 2 guys of (as the media keep telling us) "middle eastern appearance", started playing bloody cricket next to the glass pool fence which meant that the ball was hitting the glass with great ferocity and making a hell of a racket!! After several minutes of this i couldnt stand it anymore and popped up the side of the pool asking them politely if they could do it somewhere else away from the glass as it was a bit frightening hearing the ball thumping the glass whilst trying to swim.
I got a mouthful of abuse and when i tried to explain it was dangerous, one of these guys snarled his teeth and started punching the glass at me!! :scared: :scared: Of course, this idiot couldnt possibly know how large and burly my husband is (6ft 4 brick house model) as he was submerged in the water. Being the strong silent type He didnt say a word, but casually made his way to the pool steps. As he climbed out, the enormity of their challenge must have scared the hell out of them as bat and ball was quickly scooped up, and to say they trotted off quickly is an understatement!!

What an eventful day eh?
Well our day is only just beginning (been up since 5.45am) - kids opened their pressies, we had bacon butties and now we are watching Madagascar!
Old Dec 24th 2005, 9:18 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Haha - nice one. Can't match that, although it has been a cracking day - spent the day in the pool with the extended family and just got back from a dusk walk along seven mile beach. Top stuff.
Old Dec 24th 2005, 9:19 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Mine?

Couldn't resist logging on to escape the mayhem! Calmed down now that the kids have opened pressies! We're just beginning in the UK although it is 10.20am and have been up a wee while. Parents are due soon and the mayhem will begin all over again. Here's for the rest of the day.

Enjoy what's left or just starting.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 24th 2005, 11:16 pm
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Hutch
Haha - nice one. Can't match that, although it has been a cracking day - spent the day in the pool with the extended family and just got back from a dusk walk along seven mile beach. Top stuff.
Yes despite the cricket episode, i had a great day. Even the family feud at the beach provided a bit of "entertainment"

Anyway hope everyone else had a good one
Old Dec 24th 2005, 11:30 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Had a fantastic day
Old Dec 24th 2005, 11:33 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fraser
Had a fantastic day
So did we

What did you do ?
Old Dec 24th 2005, 11:34 pm

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

It was christmas day was it?

I got up at 9am, (after 3am night before, baby feed and all that)

Went to our old house at 10:30 packed stuff in 38 degree heat for an hour, drove home by about 12, drove back to the old house at about 1pm, packed more stuff for another hour or so, drove home, absolutely soaked in sweat.

Then I had a pot noodle for xmas lunch, then I sort of staggered around for an hour or 2 (dehydration I think ), then had a few beers and a microwave pasta for dinner. Might have a shower now

Classy christmas or what ?

what

ADL
Old Dec 24th 2005, 11:36 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
So did we

What did you do ?
We got to our friends at about one, ate and drank and just arrived home, the boys behaved impeccably and we had a good day.
Old Dec 24th 2005, 11:39 pm
Account Closed

We got to our friends at about one, ate and drank and just arrived home, the boys behaved impeccably and we had a good day.
Great

We had a great time too - didn't feel like Christmas at first...but it did as the day went on
Old Dec 24th 2005, 11:42 pm

Great

We had a great time too - didn't feel like Christmas at first...but it did as the day went on
It did too us, it's quite a nice surprise after not having it shoved at you for two months.
Old Dec 24th 2005, 11:44 pm
Account Closed

It did too us, it's quite a nice surprise after not having it shoved at you for two months.
Hey..that is exactly what we were saying

Rachel happier?
Old Dec 24th 2005, 11:45 pm

Hey..that is exactly what we were saying

Rachel happier?
Yes thanks, although she's not very well had bad guts.
Old Dec 24th 2005, 11:47 pm
Account Closed

Yes thanks, although she's not very well had bad guts.
too much food and ??
Old Dec 24th 2005, 11:51 pm

too much food and ??
Not from today, she wasn't very well this morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.