Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Someone drove into me on the way to work - call the police or not?

Someone drove into me on the way to work - call the police or not?

Old Mar 21st 2006, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Someone drove into me on the way to work - call the police or not?

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Unlicensed, uninsured & unregistered? I'd be calling the police - dont worry about where the money goes, what if it had been more serious &/or your kids had been in the car?
Exactly, why is she unlicensed probably dangerous or drunk driving offences already. Do her kid a favour and get the woman off the road.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 1:20 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

I got most of my info from the NSW version of this site:
www.legalaid.qld.gov.au
This bit seems best place to start
http://www.legalaid.qld.gov.au/gatew...s/motorveh.htm

The Motor Accident Insurance Commission may also be useful.
www.maic.treasury.qld.gov.au
I think it's the equivalent of the MAA in NSW.

Also make an enquiry to the cops, you don't need to give them specifics.
www.police.qld.gov.au
Old Mar 21st 2006, 2:07 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by diddy
However, Les Miserables comes to mind and I'm trying to determine if I should give her a lucky break.
And how many other people have already given her a lucky break Go to the police. It was more luck than judgement that you weren't seriously hurt. Next time the other driver might not come off so lightly and if you do nothing, you can guarantee there will be a next time
Old Mar 21st 2006, 2:09 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
And how many other people have already given her a lucky break Go to the police. It was more luck than judgement that you weren't seriously hurt. Next time the other driver might not come off so lightly and if you do nothing, you can guarantee there will be a next time

Oh I love it when you come over all 'ard!!
Old Mar 21st 2006, 2:42 pm
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Oh dear, another aussie battler who can't drive
Old Mar 21st 2006, 2:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Del Boy
Oh dear, another aussie battler who can't drive
Write to Ray Martin They'll probably have her on telly with an appeal to buy her a new car ( and a case of grog to go with it)
Old Mar 21st 2006, 2:53 pm
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Write to Ray Martin They'll probably have her on telly with an appeal to buy her a new car ( and a case of grog to go with it)

Very good Isnt he still on summer hols tho' ?
Old Mar 21st 2006, 3:00 pm
Account Closed

Nope, actually he has gone for good and now you get the lovely Tracey Grimshaw!!
Old Mar 21st 2006, 3:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hes probably just off finding another few thousand ferals and battlers for us to save either that or hes getting a new wig made up.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 3:02 pm
Absinthe Minded

Originally Posted by Hels
Nope, actually he has gone for good and now you get the lovely Tracey Grimshaw!!
Geez, I thought he'd dyed his hairpiece
Old Mar 21st 2006, 3:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Hels
You mean Tracy Grimshaws plastic surgery is so bad I didnt realise Ray Martin had left
Old Mar 21st 2006, 3:04 pm
Absinthe Minded

Hes probably just off finding another few thousand ferals and battlers for us to save either that or hes getting a new wig made up.
What is is with australia and its battlers Why can't we admit to having a large number of poor people?
Old Mar 21st 2006, 3:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What is is with australia and its battlers Why can't we admit to having a large number of poor people?
Given that most of these battlers have a bus load of children, and I think once you get to 4 kids welfare is more than the average wage, battler probably means very well off but bad spending habits
Old Mar 21st 2006, 3:19 pm
Account Closed

You mean Tracy Grimshaws plastic surgery is so bad I didnt realise Ray Martin had left

LOL...Oi!! You leave our Trace alone!! Shes a good egg....

Surely Naomi's plastic surgery is even worse??? Her belly button is on her chin!!
Old Mar 21st 2006, 3:45 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Gedge, they've hijacked me thread with nonsense. Disgraceful behaviour, bloody cheek, why I've got a mind to...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.