Wikiposts

Solar Flares

Old Feb 21st 2011, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Solar Flares

Originally Posted by DeadVim
They sound like mighty groovy trousers but in fact they could wipe out much of our lovely technology:

http://www.news.com.au/technology/sc...-1226007817482

Anyway, something else to be worried about

I know I was looking at this the other day and if it happens it could be a serious thing with all tech and also electricity gone for a few years, the world would certainly be a different place, it is like one of those things you see on the movies and assume it would never happen a friend is into all those ancient predictions etc and she was telling me that many of them predict something happening in 2012 to do with the sun... Hope they are all wrong.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 2:24 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Solar Flares

Originally Posted by macy
I know I was looking at this the other day and if it happens it could be a serious thing with all tech and also electricity gone for a few years, the world would certainly be a different place, it is like one of those things you see on the movies and assume it would never happen a friend is into all those ancient predictions etc and she was telling me that many of them predict something happening in 2012 to do with the sun... Hope they are all wrong.
Indeed, we'd be plunged back in time and the fabric of our society would disintegrate, people would roam the streets looking for a mobile signal and whole communities would be forced to entertain themselves with morris dancing or Amateur Dramatics productions.

Then comes Kurt Russell (yes, Sally, we both know he would) and things could get very nasty.

Imagine trying to entertain the kids without electricity ... the horror, the horror ...