Soccer!

Old Feb 15th 2007, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Soccer!

Hi guys
my OH is as keen and excited about our future move to Brisbane as I am EXCEPT he loves and adores playing and watching soccer more than he loves anything else in life. (Possibly including me!!) He is actually a Kiwi, not a Brit, but he has loved soccer since birth almost so he loves living in the UK of course. Anyway, can anyone offer advice or names of soccer clubs in the Bayside area or the Redcliffe area that my husband could research on the internet with a view to playing for them when we come out there? He currently plays on Saturdays for a reserve league team.
Also, what is the coverage of English football like on Sky out there?
As long as he has footie, fishing, a job and beer he will settle in nicely!!!
Thanks guys xxx
Old Feb 15th 2007, 12:57 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soccer!

Originally Posted by Mrs Kiwi
Hi guys
my OH is as keen and excited about our future move to Brisbane as I am EXCEPT he loves and adores playing and watching soccer more than he loves anything else in life. (Possibly including me!!) He is actually a Kiwi, not a Brit, but he has loved soccer since birth almost so he loves living in the UK of course. Anyway, can anyone offer advice or names of soccer clubs in the Bayside area or the Redcliffe area that my husband could research on the internet with a view to playing for them when we come out there? He currently plays on Saturdays for a reserve league team.
Also, what is the coverage of English football like on Sky out there?
As long as he has footie, fishing, a job and beer he will settle in nicely!!!
Thanks guys xxx
Not sure about local teams - other than I know that a league exists around Brisbane - but OH will have no trouble keeping up with English footy on Foxtel / Austar. They show a min of 5 Premier League games a week (usually more) and you get a smattering of cup games on there too. Champions League is on free-to-air channel SBS, so he won't go short.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:00 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Hijack coming up...

WAYNE ...go to bed ffs....you have a plane to catch and cold weather to endure...you need to sleep

Have a good trip, and hurry home
Cas xx
Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:12 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasG
Hijack coming up...

WAYNE ...go to bed ffs....you have a plane to catch and cold weather to endure...you need to sleep

Have a good trip, and hurry home
Cas xx
Been there and tried it. Didn't like it so now going for your second suggestion I knew I shouldn't have had that energy drink (+vodka) earlier.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

kt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nice

Hi, there is a website called brisbanemenssoccer.com.au but the link does not seem to work always. The teams I have heard of in the bayside area are Redlands United (based in Cleveland), Mooroondu (based in Thorneside) and Capalaba.

If you want to find info on indoor soccer teams look up futsal.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 3:25 am
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

hi

just posted this earlier

if you get broadband he can watch EVERY GAME HE WANTS FREE

have a look here

if he needs advce give me a shout

works from anywhere in the wold and is free(apart from your isp of course.

i have seen many 3pm matches when i cant get to the pub

hope this helps.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...12#post4410412
Old Feb 17th 2007, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of light

thanks guys - a great source of information, as always! My OH is over the moon with your replies - when we move over to Brisbane it seems I will remain a soccer widow!! X