Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

So I was sitting in a restaurant tonight and...

Wikiposts

So I was sitting in a restaurant tonight and...

Old Jan 21st 2011, 9:36 pm
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light
Default So I was sitting in a restaurant tonight and...

and I saw a woman with a tattoo all the way down here spine. It was either japanese or chinese writing - the usual stupid ancient proverb type crap... Got me thinking. Do asians tattoo their bodies with stupid ancient english saying?
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:31 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So I was sitting in a restaurant tonight and...

Originally Posted by mic n mat
and I saw a woman with a tattoo all the way down here spine. It was either japanese or chinese writing - the usual stupid ancient proverb type crap... Got me thinking. Do asians tattoo their bodies with stupid ancient english saying?
No, just dragons all over the body....well the Japanese Yakuza anyway....loosely translated....don't f*** with me and give me your money.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:33 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
No, just dragons all over the body....well the Japanese Yakuza anyway....loosely translated....don't f*** with me and give me your money.
I had a wife just like that
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
I had a wife just like that
But then she saw the light!!
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:50 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you were going to say some obnoxious Yank walked in
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:58 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
That could be construed as racsit.......
Old Jan 21st 2011, 11:08 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hebe
But then she saw the light!!
She might have seen the light but she didn't see my boot kick her sorry ass towards it
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 1:43 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: So I was sitting in a restaurant tonight and...

Do asians tattoo their bodies with stupid ancient english saying?
No, but they're quite happy to slap random gibberish all over their clothes:

Sometimes with disastrous consequences...

Old Jan 22nd 2011, 1:58 pm
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Did I not mention it she was an obnoxious yank
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 2:04 pm
Banned

I know a lady that has a fairly large tattoo on here right wrist of some sort of japanese proverb... I'm dying to tell her that her tattoo doesn't actually mean what she has been lead to believe... In fact it loosely translates to: Handjobs - 50 yen. Maybe I'll get up the nerve after a bottle of rum...
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 2:14 pm
Living in the mountains

earlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to all

There was a case in the UK when a young lad got a tattoo of what he thought was a Chinese proverb or some such. Every time he went into a Chinese restaurant or came across Chinese people they broke out laughing. When he finally got it translated it said "No matter which way you look at it, this is one ugly guy" (or something like that). When he went back to the tattoo parlour it had mysteriously closed down.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

A Chinese friend at work said the (written) difference between '1/4 crispy friend duck' and some philosophical was minimal and the former was much more appealing visually.

She was contemplating letting another (non-Chinese speaking) colleague get te crispy friend duck as a tattoo.

It must be great to understand the little idiosyncrasies in Chinese writing!