Shock ! Horror !

Old Jan 21st 2011, 11:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shock ! Horror !

The scene is set .It's the Belgian Beer Cafe in the centre of Brisbane. I'm out with the missus,she requests a Stella (330 mil),i opt for a Hoegaarden(500 mil) and the price comes to a whopping $23 This equated to $7 for the Stella and $16 f@rkers for the Hoegaarden ...which by the way aint even a pint's worth The frightening thing was though ,punters were queuing up to pay these prices.Guess i'm in the wrong job then !

Guess who won't be paying another visit for a very, very long time

Can anyone out there beat that ........(unfortunately)
Old Jan 21st 2011, 11:49 pm
Just Joined

MissNyz has much to be proud ofMissNyz has much to be proud ofMissNyz has much to be proud ofMissNyz has much to be proud ofMissNyz has much to be proud ofMissNyz has much to be proud ofMissNyz has much to be proud ofMissNyz has much to be proud ofMissNyz has much to be proud ofMissNyz has much to be proud ofMissNyz has much to be proud of
Default Re: Shock ! Horror !

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
The scene is set .It's the Belgian Beer Cafe in the centre of Brisbane. I'm out with the missus,she requests a Stella (330 mil),i opt for a Hoegaarden(500 mil) and the price comes to a whopping $23 This equated to $7 for the Stella and $16 f@rkers for the Hoegaarden ...which by the way aint even a pint's worth The frightening thing was though ,punters were queuing up to pay these prices.Guess i'm in the wrong job then !

It was 14 bucks last time I went.... so Blimey !!

Whoops ozzieeagle here !
Old Jan 21st 2011, 11:55 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

The Belgian Beer Cafe in Perth is just as bad.
The well dressed blokes on the doors there are not bouncers, they're finance brokers, who will sort you our with some payment terms in preparation for you blowing most of your weeks salary on a round of tiny wee goblets of beer!

The place is full of pretentious tossers as well.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 1:31 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scossie
The Belgian Beer Cafe in Perth is just as bad.
The well dressed blokes on the doors there are not bouncers, they're finance brokers, who will sort you our with some payment terms in preparation for you blowing most of your weeks salary on a round of tiny wee goblets of beer!

The place is full of pretentious tossers as well.
I just don't know how people can afford to go out and drink at places like that, or the Breakwater Tavern in Hillarys, or indeed just about any bar in Perth.

I don't even join in the social drinks at work when my colleagues go to the Capt. Stirling on a Friday. I just can't afford 8, 9, 10 dollar pints...

I guess they don't have kids, maybe that's why or maybe everyone is sky high in debt and don't care.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 2:13 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by renth
I just don't know how people can afford to go out and drink at places like that, or the Breakwater Tavern in Hillarys, or indeed just about any bar in Perth.

I don't even join in the social drinks at work when my colleagues go to the Capt. Stirling on a Friday. I just can't afford 8, 9, 10 dollar pints...

I guess they don't have kids, maybe that's why or maybe everyone is sky high in debt and don't care.
Hubby winces when going to the Indi at Mindarie gets mentioned & that's not quite as pricey. Guess that's why we have so many barbies & invite people round to drink at home instead.

Alison x
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 2:26 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al150n
Hubby winces when going to the Indi at Mindarie gets mentioned & that's not quite as pricey. Guess that's why we have so many barbies & invite people round to drink at home instead.

Alison x
Exactly, no one's forcing us to go to these places. If people are mug enough to pay those prices than more fool them.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Shock ! Horror !

Originally Posted by renth

Or they earn enough money not to have to worry too much
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 3:10 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

I refuse to pay those kinds of prices out of principle
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell that's dear!

Reminds me of a bar in England (Cheltenham so not a major city!) me and the OH walked into Apres and ordered two pints of Peroni, the guy put them on the bar and said that'll be £9 please, OH just turned around and walked out, muttering how disgusting it was that they wanted £4.50 a pint! I sheepishly followed .
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 3:27 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseR
Bloody hell that's dear!

Reminds me of a bar in England (Cheltenham so not a major city!) me and the OH walked into Apres and ordered two pints of Peroni, the guy put them on the bar and said that'll be £9 please, OH just turned around and walked out, muttering how disgusting it was that they wanted £4.50 a pint! I sheepishly followed .
Good for him!

...I would have done the same
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 3:40 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell that's dear!

Fine form!
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 5:42 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell that's dear!

Is your OH Welsh then?
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 5:48 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, but someone went to the trouble of dipping that glass of Hoeggarden in a sink of water and cuttting the head off with a butter knife...surely that makes it worth $16!
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 6:04 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Yeah, but someone went to the trouble of dipping that glass of Hoeggarden in a sink of water and cuttting the head off with a butter knife...surely that makes it worth $16!
I thought they just got Hoeggarden straight from the dirty dish water sink in the kitchen

I haven't been in since the infamous telephone temper tantrum a couple of years ago. I seem to recall that G's bar tab in there was circa $300 bucks that day.
I stuck to whatever was on tap for most of the day & treated myself to a single Kwak, at $50 bucks just for the deposit on the glass it was difficult to enjoy it without worrying someone was going to knock it over I still spent over a $200 for the day, F expensive as a watering hole
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 6:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
I thought they just got Hoeggarden straight from the dirty dish water sink in the kitchen

I haven't been in since the infamous telephone temper tantrum a couple of years ago. I seem to recall that G's bar tab in there was circa $300 bucks that day.
I stuck to whatever was on tap for most of the day & treated myself to a single Kwak, at $50 bucks just for the deposit on the glass it was difficult to enjoy it without worrying someone was going to knock it over I still spent over a $200 for the day, F expensive as a watering hole
First time we've been in since then too mate and i'm pretty sure it'll be another couple of years til we visit again !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.