Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

So excited havent been back to uk for 34 years

So excited havent been back to uk for 34 years

Old Feb 28th 2010, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So excited havent been back to uk for 34 years

You are going to have such a brilliant time!Plenty of changes in that time,as you would expect.I noticed a huge difference when I returned to Adelaide recently and I had only missed around 3 years!!!!! Shell suits?Don't know about anywhere else,but no one wears them around where I live!Clothing?Most of the time in summer,I leave for work at 6am and don't need a cardi!Having said that though,its best you are prepared so bring a few layers with you.Clothing is so cheap here anyway,should you forget something,it'll be so easy to buy something suitable.(leave room in suitcase for clothing to being home!)I would try and head out to the countryside as much as possible so you can see how gorgeous it truly is.If you like walking,bring some suitable shoes,there are literally thousands of places to walk here,and it would be a shame if you missed that opportunity.Start counting down the days!I'm excited for you!!!!!
Old Feb 28th 2010, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Pommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nice

Thanks Livinginrealty

yes I shall make sure I bring cloths to layer & some cardigans. as you say I will buy a few bits over there. You think the cloths are cheaper there then than here ? It wil be so good seeing the shops there.

I will make sure I bring some good walking shoes. I want to see the bluebells fields & smell the Lilac trees. I want to do so month I dont think a month is long enough. looking forward to seeing the English sea sides as well .

Hey may even stay there LOL
Old Feb 28th 2010, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pommie Aussie
Thanks Livinginrealty

yes I shall make sure I bring cloths to layer & some cardigans. as you say I will buy a few bits over there. You think the cloths are cheaper there then than here ? It wil be so good seeing the shops there.

I will make sure I bring some good walking shoes. I want to see the bluebells fields & smell the Lilac trees. I want to do so month I dont think a month is long enough. looking forward to seeing the English sea sides as well .

Somehow I dont think so but enjoy the novelty factor.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 8:08 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Livinginrealty

Great thread P.A

I hope you have fun when you're over here. As others have said - you can't rely on the weather. If you're lucky it will be warm and sunny but you could also have some rainy days.

Enjoy the countryside, pubs, history and shopping, and don't forget to update us
Old Feb 28th 2010, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Pommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nice

Originally Posted by framac67
[/COLOR]

yes I dont think so either

I love the weather here. well most days
Old Feb 28th 2010, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kapri
Great thread P.A

I hope you have fun when you're over here. As others have said - you can't rely on the weather. If you're lucky it will be warm and sunny but you could also have some rainy days.

Enjoy the countryside, pubs, history and shopping, and don't forget to update us

Hi Kapri

yes I may pack a brolly Oh well on the wet days shall just have to hit the pubs.

I just have to get there first .& I have a fear of flying & ive booked a window seat hubby said it would be better to rest up against the window. I will make sure I pull the blind down

Its a shame have to fly from qld to sydney. then straight out to heathrow. i could have got a dearer flight but thought oh well more money for uk. Flying Virgin Atlantic.
must admit not looking forward to all the check in down sydney e.t.c & shall not be using those machines. I will always worry Id do something wrong

I will just look DUMB
Old Feb 28th 2010, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

[/COLOR]
A comment like that coming from you does'nt surprise me!Might pay you to go to another thread and keep your negative comments there.Thanks
Old Mar 1st 2010, 5:58 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Beer's improved no end since 1976, you'll be pleased to hear. Back then cask-conditioned ale had all but died out. There was a bit of a revolution from the mid-80s onwards and it's now widely available from the many hundreds of local breweries that exist in the UK.

P.S. Margaret Thatcher has gone too.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 11:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Who do you think you are ya tosser. Shut it and butt out. Knob
C'mon Framac, you know better than that! Though you do have a right to express your opinion in the thread, leave the insults outside where they belong.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 1:21 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really sorry Pommie but July is far too late for bluebells and I expect most of the lilacs too! But roses will still be out.

clothes really are far cheaper in the UK make sure you have plenty of space in your suitcase.

Have a fantastic holiday xx
Old Mar 1st 2010, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

nicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Pollyana
C'mon Framac, you know better than that! Though you do have a right to express your opinion in the thread, leave the insults outside where they belong.
This is refreshing a site for adults wher you dont get a ban for a misplaced post lile People In Orbit

Mally
Old Mar 1st 2010, 1:45 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicolamoon
This is refreshing a site for adults wher you dont get a ban for a misplaced post lile People In Orbit

Mally
Not sure what other site you are referring to, but on here we prefer people not to discuss bans or actions of moderators on other sites.
Thanks
Old Mar 1st 2010, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

nicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Not sure what other site you are referring to, but on here we prefer people not to discuss bans or actions of moderators on other sites.
Thanks

Mally
Old Mar 1st 2010, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Berkshire, UK for now... flying to Brisbane 11th June!
Jane and Jason has a spectacular aura aboutJane and Jason has a spectacular aura aboutJane and Jason has a spectacular aura about

[QUOTE=I recently found my cousin on the net so im staying with her at Lenham in kent /QUOTE]

We lived just up the road from Lenham, in Charing, until recently (moved Dec 09). Lenham is a lovely village and I'm sure you will have a great time. You could go to Leeds Castle, just up the road from Lenham, you pay for your ticket once and then you can go as much as you like on that same ticket, (its valid for a year, but your cousin could use it after you return to Oz).

Hope you have a great time,
Old Mar 1st 2010, 8:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Oh so Excited have not been back to the uk for 34 years. I went back then when I was 24 years old on a cruise with my sister. after being in Oz for 4 years just for a holiday. In 1976

We came out to Australia about 1972 & paid our own fares out came by ship on the Shoto rostvalie then only about 500 people on the crusie it was a Russian ship.
I recently found my cousin on the net so im staying with her at Lenham in kent for 3 weeks plus a friend in Upminster for about 1 week.

cant wait to try some of the food Ive missed like good old pie & mash & some good Fish & chips

Ive booked my flights for july flying with virgin Atlantic they were the cheapest. so more money saved more fo me in uk. & I hate flying & I booked a window seat only so I can see the views when flying in.

Dont know what cloths to take. most likey taking too much summer stuff. Hope they can understand me after being out here LOL Cousin saids I sound Aussie. so great talking on skype.
Any Tips would be helpful.

34 years I was back 3.4 days before I wanted to go again

You will love it, countryside and shopping VVV cheap compared to OZ, the opposite of what it was 10 years ago let alone 34 .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.