British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   The snip ... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/snip-615106/)

Three Legs Jun 16th 2009 10:43 am

The snip ...

Three healthy boys under my belt and giving consideration to the tubes being tied ...

I've heard many of stories regarding 'active swimmers' post-op ...

Anybody care to elaborate on their own experience?

sonlymewalter Jun 16th 2009 10:44 am

Re: The snip ...

Originally Posted by Three Legs (Post 7669240)
Three healthy boys under my belt and giving consideration to the tubes being tied ...

Two bricks, melons for nuts:unsure:

Will that do?

mika24me Jun 16th 2009 11:04 am

wear tight undies post op. My husband cannot stress this point enough:thumbup:

ABCDiamond Jun 16th 2009 11:16 am

Nope !

I don't want to remember it. Some things are best forgotten... :eek:

snow-white Jun 16th 2009 11:17 am

Originally Posted by mika24me (Post 7669296)

at least your brave enough to go for it 7 kids and an oh whos scared shitless to put it briefly lol
guess its no sex for him ever again

lesley x

Dorothy Jun 16th 2009 11:24 am

My old man had one done when my son was 18 months old. He told me about it when he rang from the hospital looking for a ride home. He didn't need to worry about swimmers (active or otherwise) for a vvvvveeerrrrrryyyyyyy long time.

aasmith1957 Jun 16th 2009 11:34 am

Just use contraception until you do the test a few weeks later and have got results back.Hubby had to try" it out" 3 days after op just to see if "his bits still worked ok";)

Luma Jun 16th 2009 11:35 am

Not my experience but my brothers.

His knees have become althritic. I've read somewhere about that being a side effect. Don't ask me how or why but it just is.

irishbloo Jun 16th 2009 11:58 am

Is that your new job.

jerzo Jun 16th 2009 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by mika24me (Post 7669296)

I echo this...hubby just had it done ..well a month ago and as he did too much and didn't stick to the wonderful speedo-esque pants , he had a huge amount of swelling and an infection which needed anti-biotics ...you need the support pants!!:eek:

s-jmelbournewannabe Jun 16th 2009 1:45 pm

Why i've not been on here in such a loooonnnnggg time! Cant believe this is my first post too ha ha ha

My hubby had it done by a guy who goes by the name of 'Dr Snip" on the Sunny Coast.... was all fine, didnt hurt just felt a small amount of gentle pulling etc while numb.

Had super pain killers. sat playing ps3 for 2 days with frozen peas etc on his nuts (i have photo's to prove it, lol) All fine cos he wore his budgy smugglers for a week or so (i did wash them inbetween)

this was around 9mths ago, he's had achy nuts a couple of times & one lot of antibiotics, but apart from that its all ok.. (this dosnt happen to everyone, he's just that small statistic)

I'm sure he will be very pleased i shared that with you :thumbsup:

S-j

yanchep Jun 16th 2009 2:18 pm

So will you change ya name then when you've had it done from 3 legs to 2 legs!! :eek:

moneypenny20 Jun 16th 2009 11:00 pm

Hubby had it done a few months before we left the UK. He's the biggest whoos (ex firefighter ;)) but was fine. Did have to warn the girls not to take flying leaps onto their Dad's lap for a while but he was centre of attention at a party we went to a couple of days later. All the guys congratulated me for having such a star for a husband :blink:

I did tell them I considered pushing medicine balls out of a hole the size of a golf ball was slightly more impressive but what do I know:lol:

He's had no swimmers since (unless he's impregnated anyone else of course).

MartinLuther Jun 16th 2009 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 7671071)
Hubby had it done a few months before we left the UK. He's the biggest whoos (ex firefighter ;)) but was fine. Did have to warn the girls not to take flying leaps onto their Dad's lap for a while but he was centre of attention at a party we went to a couple of days later. All the guys congratulated me for having such a star for a husband :blink:

I did tell them I considered pushing medicine balls out of a hole the size of a golf ball was slightly more impressive but what do I know:lol:

He's had no swimmers since (unless he's impregnated anyone else of course).

10cm is a large golf ball :p :D

How fat was your kid to be the size of a medicine ball :eek:

moneypenny20 Jun 16th 2009 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by MartinLuther (Post 7671083)
10cm is a large golf ball :p :D

How fat was your kid to be the size of a medicine ball :eek:

They were an example (and feeling). Not meant to be taken literally :rolleyes:;) I did that exaggerating thing that is normally the domain of men :p