No I don't, i dont like it
25.81%
No and I hate it
58.06%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Smoking Poll - do you smoke?

Old Dec 30th 2009, 2:58 pm
The Stars are Underground

Beachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to all
Default Re: Smoking Poll - do you smoke?

Originally Posted by Relocateme
No hate it...used to smoke and packed it in years ago...now cant stand to be near a person who smokes...they reek so bad...their clothes, hair, just stinks to high heaven...I often wonder if they know how bad they smell and how strong it is

No they don't have no clue, I remember when me and my ex would call into my parents house, me ex would always spray herself to cover up the smoke, I used say to her, there is really no point as they will still smell it.
Anytime I have a cig, I spray myself.....I know the smell is still there though!

I am v aware how dirty the habbit is, but I'm just not ready to give them up yet...and I do hate them!
Old Dec 30th 2009, 3:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Me thinks a call to child social services is in order
Got the number?
Old Dec 30th 2009, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
And when it gets too much, hand over to the sprogs who can harness all that boundless energy!

Great looking kids, must have a good looking Mum as I hear the Dads a shocker
Old Dec 30th 2009, 5:21 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jond
Great looking kids, must have a good looking Mum as I hear the Dads a shocker
I hear the wife has been carrying dead wood too......................Badge
Old Dec 30th 2009, 9:33 pm

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

smoking defo keeps your weight down though. I was always about 7 stone until I gave up smoking, now I am nearer 9. Could even be 9 1/2 but I cant see the issue with fat really. Obese yes because you would be concerned about them just dying on you and also because it gets in your way when you want to do stuff but a bit of fat is ok I think. Nothing worse than these skinny skinny old people who just blow over once they get a bit of rota virus

Like badge, we eat all fresh food but I miss the UK becuase of that - I have always cooked from scratch because I dont enjoy processed food but its the ready to go fresh food I miss. Sometimes I jsut want instant gratification and can't be arsed to prep.
Old Dec 30th 2009, 10:24 pm

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
If that is, say, once a month that you give in, then I reckon that might be a worthwhile cause if it helps the rest of the time.
more like twice a year its horrible though I have been thinking about stomach cancer all day and even though I have showered lots I can smell it. I dont beat myself up about it - I could never become a smoker again but if occasionally that happens, then its no big deal. I just need to detox and will have a week of boiled veg and grilled meat
Old Dec 31st 2009, 12:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by viviennef
more like twice a year its horrible though I have been thinking about stomach cancer all day and even though I have showered lots I can smell it. I dont beat myself up about it - I could never become a smoker again but if occasionally that happens, then its no big deal. I just need to detox and will have a week of boiled veg and grilled meat
Flagellation in other words!
Old Dec 31st 2009, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

The thing is you can get rid of fat, you can rarely get rid of lung cancer!

Huge amount of will power is needed plus a good healthy diet, its all about balanced brain chemistry to reduce the cravings, if you take a holistic approach you will suffer less giving up anything from sugar/caffeine/ nicotine or harder drugs!!!

Best book to read `How to Quit without feeling s**t` (no kidding) I highly recommend it.

Bluekipper
Old Dec 31st 2009, 1:27 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bluekipper
The thing is you can get rid of fat, you can rarely get rid of lung cancer!

Huge amount of will power is needed plus a good healthy diet, its all about balanced brain chemistry to reduce the cravings, if you take a holistic approach you will suffer less giving up anything from sugar/caffeine/ nicotine or harder drugs!!!

Best book to read `How to Quit without feeling s**t` (no kidding) I highly recommend it.

Bluekipper
Lung cancer doesn't follow smoking any more than heart disease/diabetes etc follows obesity. It's not so clear cut and you know it.
Old Dec 31st 2009, 1:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

I always had a cigar on new years eve...

Shall I have one tonight?
Old Dec 31st 2009, 1:38 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
I always had a cigar on new years eve...

Shall I have one tonight?
- of course ffs, go for it!
Old Dec 31st 2009, 1:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
- of course ffs, go for it!
It's either cigar or divorce.
Old Dec 31st 2009, 2:19 am
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kporte
Lung cancer doesn't follow smoking any more than heart disease/diabetes etc follows obesity. It's not so clear cut and you know it.

I didnt say lung cancer was only caused by smoking although a high percentage is! what I am trying to say is lung cancer is usually found in its later stages when it is much harder to treat, lung cancer is also still the biggest killer in the UK, if people are over weight its not rocket science that loosing weight will benefit your health ,my dad was overweight and also a smoker,he is now a healthy weight & a non smoker because he decided to do something about it. Definately was`nt easy for him hes almost 70.

I will repeat my message: I am not against smokers just smoking

Bluekipper
Old Dec 31st 2009, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

australianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kporte
I thought the anti smoking laws would cut that out? Do members of your family and family smoke then?
Have you never walked down the street and breathed the clouds of smoke from people who always have to smoke in crowded areas, or walked out of a shopping centre through the gauntlet of inconsiderate people who stand there polluting the atmosphere, none of us smoke but you don't have to be indoors to suffer the effects of the disgusting habit.
Old Dec 31st 2009, 11:11 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bluekipper
I didnt say lung cancer was only caused by smoking although a high percentage is! what I am trying to say is lung cancer is usually found in its later stages when it is much harder to treat, lung cancer is also still the biggest killer in the UK, if people are over weight its not rocket science that loosing weight will benefit your health ,my dad was overweight and also a smoker,he is now a healthy weight & a non smoker because he decided to do something about it. Definately was`nt easy for him hes almost 70.

I will repeat my message: I am not against smokers just smoking

Bluekipper
Cardiovascular disease is the biggest killer in the UK. Liver disease is predicted to surpass it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...eneration.html

I think smoking is bad enough for your health that there is no need to exagerate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.