Sleep Apnea Anyone?

Old Dec 15th 2011, 6:01 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sleep Apnea Anyone?

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
That your svelt like image in the red bikini? If so merry christmas
Unfortunately not. It's Miss Xmas Mackay. I could only dream of a body like that.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 6:06 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
Unfortunately not. It's Miss Xmas Mackay. I could only dream of a body like that.
One solution to noisy sleeping partners is to flop your jugs over your ears. Miss Mackay looks like she could manage it.

An alternative for the jugular challenged would be to stick two things in your ears. I'm not going to expand on that solution.

L. O L
Old Dec 15th 2011, 6:48 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
Has anyone been through the process of sleep study - c pap machine in Oz? Him indoors has had moderate to severe sleep apnea for years and finally we are static enough to go through the system and get him a sexy mask.

Anyone have any idea of the costs involved? Whether you can use the Aussie prescription to get one from the UK or in Asia?
cheaper to get a new husband, innit?
Old Dec 15th 2011, 6:56 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
cheaper to get a new husband, innit?
There is a man shortage in QLD.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 7:03 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
There is a man shortage in QLD.
Wo man shortage
Old Dec 15th 2011, 11:30 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

I was diagnosed with sleep apnoea earlier this year after falling asleep at the wheel. It took some time to get to that diagnosis and then like Caroline described I had the sleep studies, the prescription for the CPAP and hired the dreaded machine for two months. See CPAP Australia for cheap rental price.
I was also prescribed dopamine to help with restful sleep. The result of all this was I fell asleep during the day due to the drugs and was not sleeping as well at night due to the mask. Great
I'm not at all overweight, i'm not unfit and my snoring isn't too bad. Doc has thankfully told me to stop the treatment and just try living life again, somewhat more cautiously when it comes to driving.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 11:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

In Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
I was diagnosed with sleep apnoea earlier this year after falling asleep at the wheel.
but isnt that narcolepsy though?

edit: or were you so tired from not sleeping that you fell asleep at the wheel?
Old Dec 15th 2011, 11:47 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by In Exile

Apparently falling asleep at the wheel is common - it's surprisingly serious and can cause strokes, heart damage and all sorts of things. Mr TE used to nod off pretty much anywhere. He had the two sleep studies done in Cairns and we ordered the machine from the US as it was half the price. He seems to get on okay with it and it's heaven for me and the cat.
Old Dec 16th 2011, 3:38 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by In Exile

yeah sorry i should have explained that better.. the sleep study showed i was getting 1 hour real sleep a night leading to exhaustion and falling asleep at the wheel
at TE said it's very common and many sleep apnoea sufferers don't know until such a thing happens.. some not so lucky with their outcome