Skiing in Japan?

Old Jun 10th 2011, 7:32 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Skiing in Japan?

We are thinking about going on a skiing holiday sometime in the next year. I know skiing in Aus is meant to be pretty expensive.

I was wondering how Japan and NZ compare in terms of price and conditions? I've heard Japan is meant to be great for powder? Is it heaps more expensive than NZ though? Obviously the ski seasons are at different times of the year too.

Our last ski holiday was to Canada which we totally loved. Best skiing I've ever done. Be nice to try somewhere new (and closer) though.

Any thoughts? Thanks
Old Jun 10th 2011, 7:36 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skiing in Japan?

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
We are thinking about going on a skiing holiday sometime in the next year. I know skiing in Aus is meant to be pretty expensive.

I was wondering how Japan and NZ compare in terms of price and conditions? I've heard Japan is meant to be great for powder? Is it heaps more expensive than NZ though? Obviously the ski seasons are at different times of the year too.

Our last ski holiday was to Canada which we totally loved. Best skiing I've ever done. Be nice to try somewhere new (and closer) though.

Any thoughts? Thanks
There are some massive bargains in Japan at the moment - which is kind of understandable. Jetstar have some cheap airfares on the go.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 10:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scubaemma

Any thoughts? Thanks
Niseko's one of the hottest (not termperature before anyone asks!) places to go for great powder, according to my friends and acquaintances who spend all their winter/spring holidays on the slopes. It's definitely a lot more expensive than NZ. I've never been but would love to one day. Google Niseko and you'll see more info than I can copy and paste.

Mrs JTL
Old Feb 24th 2012, 12:59 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Well we've just got back from our ski holiday in Japan and it was absolutely brilliant. We went to Habuka in the end (thinking maybe Niseko next time?) and loved it. The snow was amazing, so powdery and the facilities were great.

If you love skiing or boarding in powder you'll love skiing in Japan. Plus it's a bit of a cultural holiday too, and no jet lag makes it a great choice from Australia.

Big thumbs up from me