Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

single trip travel insurance?

single trip travel insurance?

Old Sep 8th 2008, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Russ_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really nice
Default single trip travel insurance?

Hello all,

we are flying out on the 22nd of september to sydney.

anyone got any tips on insurance? we have accomodation provided as part of the job offer for one month..so i am looking at getting cover here in the uk before we leave..what i am after is cover for the clothes etc that we are bringing out on the flight and a period of say till the end of october when our container should have arrived and we will have our own rental and house insurance in sydney.

must be loads of people on here that have had the same sort of cover we require..

here hoping!

thanks
Old Sep 8th 2008, 11:50 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: single trip travel insurance?

One-way insurance will only cover you til you arrive. To cover your stuff within the rental accomodation I suggest AAMI insurance which is 'renter's insurance - and you can change the address to your new place when you move after the first month. It's only $145 per year (so about 65 quid)! It only covers fire and theft, but accidents and floods are pretty rare.

It should tide you over.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Russ_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really nice

Originally Posted by tking
One-way insurance will only cover you til you arrive. To cover your stuff within the rental accomodation I suggest AAMI insurance which is 'renter's insurance - and you can change the address to your new place when you move after the first month. It's only $145 per year (so about 65 quid)! It only covers fire and theft, but accidents and floods are pretty rare.

It should tide you over.
thanks for that.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

sally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nicesally07 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Russ_Sarah
Hello all,

we are flying out on the 22nd of september to sydney.

anyone got any tips on insurance? we have accomodation provided as part of the job offer for one month..so i am looking at getting cover here in the uk before we leave..what i am after is cover for the clothes etc that we are bringing out on the flight and a period of say till the end of october when our container should have arrived and we will have our own rental and house insurance in sydney.

must be loads of people on here that have had the same sort of cover we require..

here hoping!

thanks

We used Worldwide Travel Insurances Services, rec by the ABI for single trip cover.
S.