Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines - A380 - Economy class

Singapore Airlines - A380 - Economy class

Old Jan 23rd 2012, 3:01 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Singapore Airlines - A380 - Economy class

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Theres also a freaky row in the middle halfway down the plane that only has 3 seats in (dont quite know why) - if you're in the left-most seat of the row of 4 behind it - you have a double row of legroom all to yourself!
Very good, thanks mate....47E

Ill try and get this one for sure
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 3:14 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

Hmmm what do you think is the difference between 55K and 55J

http://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/seat...-upperdeck.pdf

55J costs an extra $ 50 USD but 55K doesnt cost anything extra ?
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 3:19 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rubbeldiekatz
Very good, thanks mate....47E

Ill try and get this one for sure
48D is the one you're after I think!?

Originally Posted by rubbeldiekatz
Hmmm what do you think is the difference between 55K and 55J

http://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/seat...-upperdeck.pdf

55J costs an extra $ 50 USD but 55K doesnt cost anything extra ?
Probably the door protrudes into the leg space so it's not extra legroom like it looks on the seatmap. OK if you know the person and 55J and don't mind playing footsie, otherwise not the best exit row seat.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 3:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Little tip for users of QF 380s - might apply to other airlines, but depends on their seat configuration. At the front of the rear sector in economy, have a look at the second row of seats. The first row, by the door & the galley only has two seats, aisle and middle. So whoever gets the WINDOW seat in the second row has no-one in front of them.
As its not an exit row you can't pay extra and book it, but you can get on line and reserve it (not a guarantee but ) You then get extra legroom, and can get in and out that way without climbing over people. You also get that extra bit of space by the window
I do recall that little seat on the A380. Just went on QF website and reserved it for my trip next week. Thanks for the reminder.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 4:06 am
Melbourne Rock City

Originally Posted by bcworld
48D is the one you're after I think!?

Probably the door protrudes into the leg space so it's not extra legroom like it looks on the seatmap. OK if you know the person and 55J and don't mind playing footsie, otherwise not the best exit row seat.
Well the one I really want is 1A but unsure whether that will ever happen.

But 48D looks pretty good.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 8:54 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
I do recall that little seat on the A380. Just went on QF website and reserved it for my trip next week. Thanks for the reminder.
Its a useful one isn't it! First time I got it was pure luck, now I always try and reserve it
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 9:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedT
Well I keep banging on about it but i freakin LOVED being upstairs on the A380 on our flights over here. More legroom (not yards or anything but enough to make a difference), lockers at the window seats meant we could put stuff away and not be surrounded with crap for the whole flight and yes, you get your food quicker! Plus there are fewer passengers so i felt we got a far better service generally.

I actually liked the gap between the seat and the window because I was able to pile it up with pillows, wedge myself in there (not fully you understand, I'm no pixie...) and actually get some sleep.

We went with Singapore, highly recommend them
Yep, I thought so too!

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I am a fan of the window seat and like to lean against the side while napping, on the A380 I found the window to be too far away to do that without a mountain of pillows.

That was the only downside I found, other than that it's a standard economy Singapore Air experience, about as good as it gets for the money I'd imagine.

No idea how nice it was in Melbourne 30 minutes ago, I guess it's changed by now anyway

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Little tip for users of QF 380s - might apply to other airlines, but depends on their seat configuration. At the front of the rear sector in economy, have a look at the second row of seats. The first row, by the door & the galley only has two seats, aisle and middle. So whoever gets the WINDOW seat in the second row has no-one in front of them.
As its not an exit row you can't pay extra and book it, but you can get on line and reserve it (not a guarantee but ) You then get extra legroom, and can get in and out that way without climbing over people. You also get that extra bit of space by the window
Upper Deck near the back, you can stow stuff and get less traffic. You also get dinner (and the midnght snacks) served early.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
There's only 450 seats on a QF A380. They must've put an extra deck on yours!

I was going to say the same!
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 8:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I like the a380 as there seem to be more toilets, and you can get up and help yourself to snacks so that if you miss a meal, you don't starve. They also changed the whole seat and gave me pj's when the person viciously reclined their chair and knocked my wine all over me two hours into a 10 hour flight.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 9:19 pm
Banned

MrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to all

Other than The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) asking for twenty Airbus A380s to undergo checks for cracks in their wings and certain Rolls Royce engines exploding on takeoff I would say space in economy class is the least of your concerns
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

So true!

Maybe the cracks in the wings is because it's so cold in Wales?
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 9:33 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

It's actually essentially an emergency directive for the wing checks as well...except they haven't called it that for some reason.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 11:39 pm
Melbourne Rock City

Originally Posted by MrJenkins
Other than The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) asking for twenty Airbus A380s to undergo checks for cracks in their wings and certain Rolls Royce engines exploding on takeoff I would say space in economy class is the least of your concerns

hmmm thanks
Old Jan 29th 2012, 8:41 pm
annette

netty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond repute

I have flown on the A380 with Singapore Airlines and found it very good. When I booked the ticket, i reserved my seats straight away and went upper deck economy. Its better than the lower deck less noise and only a few rows, it was quieter and hassel free and didn't feel like cattle class. You can walk about and go down stairs staff was easy going, friendly and service brilliant. I travelled by myself and could not fault it. As a family we have booked again with the airline and also reserved our seats for upper deck manly for the reason only a few economy rows, quieter and service good.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 8:47 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by netty
I have flown on the A380 with Singapore Airlines and found it very good. When I booked the ticket, i reserved my seats straight away and went upper deck economy. Its better than the lower deck less noise and only a few rows, it was quieter and hassel free and didn't feel like cattle class. You can walk about and go down stairs staff was easy going, friendly and service brilliant. I travelled by myself and could not fault it. As a family we have booked again with the airline and also reserved our seats for upper deck manly for the reason only a few economy rows, quieter and service good.
Ditto

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.