A sick society???

Old Jul 1st 2009, 12:03 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: A sick society???

Do you think the parents who accepted the money in return for dropping the charges agaisnt him did the right thing? or should they have taken him to court even thought with all his top lawyers he would probably walk free and their kids get no compensation?
Old Jul 1st 2009, 1:08 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy©
To add to the question of paying parents off.
As a parent would you even consider a pay off ( of any amount ) if you truly thought that your child had been molested by someone?
Wouldn't even enter my mind - i'd be too busy trying to get someone to sell me an aka 47.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 1:10 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mohogony
Do you think the parents who accepted the money in return for dropping the charges agaisnt him did the right thing? or should they have taken him to court even thought with all his top lawyers he would probably walk free and their kids get no compensation?
Certainly not, they were gold diggers from the start, but it should never be about money, regardless of the outcome. It's just not right. Makes me shudder at the thought.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 1:11 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Wouldn't even enter my mind - i'd be too busy trying to get someone to sell me an aka 47.
That must be the new synonymous version of the AK 47? Looks the same apparently?
Old Jul 1st 2009, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
That must be the new synonymous version of the AK 47? Looks the same apparently?
Better version
Old Jul 1st 2009, 1:28 pm
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by renth
Forget about the pedophilia angle. What about Bubbles the chimp?

Jacko gave him away to an animal sanctuary, failed to pay for his upkeep and never visited him despite promising that he would.

That sums the guy up in my book - a total waste of space.
I read that too, apparently he has never paid a cent toward his upkeep.

Looks like Bubbles has managed to forge a successful career to keep on top of his bills so that's a relief.
Attached Thumbnails A sick society???-cooking_with_bubbles.jpg  
Old Jul 1st 2009, 4:06 pm
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Neither Michael Jackson nor OJ Simpson were found innocent. They were found not guilty, which is not the same thing.

In OJ's case it was because he had an absolutely brilliant defence team who managed to steer the trial away from the evidence, a prosecution/police team who bungled the case and a judge who was more interested in his 15 minutes of fame than justice.

In the Michael Jackson case he was found not guilty because the prosecution did not present sufficient evidence for the jury to be convinced beyond a reasonable doubt, which is the standard in California.

Being found not guilty doesn't mean that you are in fact not guilty. Thousands of guilty people get off all the time.
The thing is, if we're innocent until proven guilty, then the onus is on the prosecution, in both cases they proved themselves not up to the task of securing a guilty verdict.

I agree with what you're saying entirely about the innocent/not guilty thing, but if we're to give Jacko the benifit of the doubt because he was found innocent in a criminal court, it would be hypocritical not to pay OJ the same courtesy.

I don't think I'm the only one posting on here whose view is based on personal opinion, the very nature of the Jackson thing means that everyones opinion is more or less based on a gut feeling, those who post a definite for or against argument anyway.

I admire anyone who's willing to give the bloke the benifit of the doubt, to be honest I can't find it within myself to do that. Perhaps it's a character flaw on my part, perhaps not.

Anyway, I've really enjoyed this, especially thet it's not descended into the usual barrage of aggression
Old Jul 1st 2009, 4:31 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish
Anyway, I've really enjoyed this, especially thet it's not descended into the usual barrage of aggression
same here.

The question of whether a person did, or did not, commit an act, is far from straightforward.

1) At the heart of the matter, there is the fundamental truth. What actually happened. Only the perpetrator, victim and witnesses can know this. Often they will disagree on the details.

2) Then there is the court's decision. Again, ultimately it will be a "guilty" or "not guilty" decision, but as per Dorothy's post there are a lot of factors that influence the validity of this outcome.

3) Lastly there is the media portrayal of the events and court outcome. In some instances the media may have actually influenced the outcome.

Because we are so far removed from the events that took place, we have to rely on the court outcomes.....

Its all too much to mull over...I'm gonna have a coffee instead.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 4:53 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by soapy©
To add to the question of paying parents off.
As a parent would you even consider a pay off ( of any amount ) if you truly thought that your child had been molested by someone?
I would need the money for my own defence, after I took the law into my own hands...