Sick Kindle

Old Mar 12th 2011, 9:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Sick Kindle

My Kindle just fell off the chair, landed face down and now the screen appears to have cracked at an angle. The off page is showing on 3/4s of the page and you can see the on page on the bottom corner but totally smooth, glass appears in one piece. Just emailed Amazon/Kindle to see if they can repair it but I want to cry

Anyone had good support from them?

Bugger, bugger, bugger, bugger, bugger!
Old Mar 12th 2011, 9:59 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sick Kindle

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
My Kindle just fell off the chair, landed face down and now the screen appears to have cracked at an angle. The off page is showing on 3/4s of the page and you can see the on page on the bottom corner but totally smooth, glass appears in one piece. Just emailed Amazon/Kindle to see if they can repair it but I want to cry

Anyone had good support from them?

Bugger, bugger, bugger, bugger, bugger!
Bugger bugger bugger indeed. Not had to deal with them over a kindle issue. I did email their support about something a couple of years back, can't even remember what but I do remember being pleased with the prompt response.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 10:15 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Note: http://www.missionrepair.com/Kindle_...pair_s/476.htm

I think its going to be a "buy a totally new one" - cost of repair seems to be higher than the cost of the device - not surprising when the eInk screen is the most expensive part.

In short, its dead Jim.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 10:29 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 12th 2011, 10:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Bugger... And her i am stuck with mine... I like the lightweight reading, but i miss not being able to flick forwards backwards to remind myself of what i read.. Its no bloody use for technical books and i'm being sucked into buying books on line when i only ever brought them from garage sales and op shops...

If it hadnt been a birthday pressie from HIM I would send mine over to you..
Old Mar 13th 2011, 3:46 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Amazon/Kindle customer service is awesome. Sent an email last night, got a reply when I got up asking me to give them my phone number. Hit the 'call' button on the site and the phone rang! Short chat with the guy, he's got a new one in the post to me free of charge, couldn't find a UPS office closer than Brissie so asked me to sort out the sending back of the broken one and then he's phoning me on Wednesday to get the amount I spent on insurance and postage and he'll credit my credit card with that amount.

Seriously impressed (so far).
Old Mar 13th 2011, 3:54 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Amazon/Kindle customer service is awesome. Sent an email last night, got a reply when I got up asking me to give them my phone number. Hit the 'call' button on the site and the phone rang! Short chat with the guy, he's got a new one in the post to me free of charge, couldn't find a UPS office closer than Brissie so asked me to sort out the sending back of the broken one and then he's phoning me on Wednesday to get the amount I spent on insurance and postage and he'll credit my credit card with that amount.

That's very impressive, I have just chucked a paperback on the floor in the fit of luddite madness though
Old Mar 13th 2011, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

GreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to all

That is amazing - bet you feel better now

I've had my Kindle for about a year - actually read more books now as love the format! My only grumble has been the price depreciation of it - they are considerably cheaper now but have almost paid for itself on the saving in books.
Old Mar 13th 2011, 5:09 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell, that wouldn't happen to anyone else though Penny because you are in a parallel world!
Old Mar 13th 2011, 7:36 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by northernbird
Bloody hell, that wouldn't happen to anyone else though Penny because you are in a parallel world!
I did wonder. I was having a lovely chat with him whilst he was doing the technical stuff, he (his name is Josh) was working until 10pm, then had to go home to do some uni work, because the clocks were going forward, he didn't think it worth going out of a drink
Old Mar 13th 2011, 8:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I must say, although I live in the other world, its no less than I would expect from Amazon

That's fab mate, really pleased they are sorting it for you
Old Mar 14th 2011, 5:37 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I dunno? Dell gave me a $4,000 replacement desktop about 18 months ago (free of charge) because they couldn't replace the door on my existing model.

True story and still an amazing piece of kit...